Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 30th October 2006

Hi all,

Nice to see you again Gypsi. Glad you are back in your own home even if there are things to sort out. We are all rooting for you on here. :l

Dilayne, your posts are so profound they always provide much food for thought. I hope you stay on here as well as abs.

Judie, Your wit has me in stitches.

Lush, I feel for you this week. I know it is going to be hard for you. The exercise will definitely help but don't overdo it. Aim for success and you will want to continue. I have built up very slowly. I give myself points each week. One point for a day with exercise ( ranging from a longish walk to a shortish run, a swim or a gym visit) and one point for a day AF. Last week I got 9 points. My highest ever is 10 points and my lowest 0 points!!!! I have noticed that when my scores are higher my weight drops slightly. And vice versa. Good luck with your aim. You can do it.:l

SM Mary, I am thinking of you. Keep strong.

FRMCA Laura, Your tracker shows that you are moderating in the true sense of the word. Well done. I find it very difficult to stop if I have more than two. Is the Topa helping?

Fan, I hope you are feeling better today and sorry to have to leave so abruptly yesterday. Hope you got some sleep.

Mkr Mary, Hope your parents are as well as they can be at the moment.

Becca, Hope you are back in full training and dragging that man of yours out to train.

Everyone else, including newbies, I hope this week goes well for you. I don't want to name everyone because last time I did that I missed someone out and felt guilty. Anyway you know who you are...Don't you ????????????????????????? Tee Hee.
    Enough is enough

Monday 30th October 2006

Well, I am off to work and won't be able to check in until late this evening. I hope everyone has a great day. And I hope everyone accomplishes their goals for today. I am starting 5 days AF. That means no wine on Friday. That will be a first in months. Thanks to everyone for the company yesterday. I really needed it. Lucky Lynn.

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Hey Waves, I'm liking the point system! neat.

Not much to report here. I took a week off EVERYTHING last week as far as training and even moderating my drinking well. My drink count was way too high.
      That happens every now and then, and it's just a wake-up to set a good plan. I'm going to do the 5-4-3-2-1 plan starting now through November. Been considering it and not doing it, then I end up with a few days a week in the over 5 drink range which is unacceptable.
      I did this back in the spring (may??) and it worked great. It was the start of my weight loss, and I'd still like to lose 8-10 more pounds (down 10# now).
      SO, here's how it works. I have 7 "cards" I actually write the numbers "0,0,1,2,3,4,5" on Sunday on my planner. I can use each number only once, usually trying to reserve the higher numbers for the weekends!This brings the weekly tally to 15, which is great for me. (when I'm doing well and behaving myself, my count is mid 20's or so...like ave. 3 drinks/day, but as you know, I do AF days, then will end up having an evening where we go out and I have ummm, several). Before program drink count if I'm honest with myself: in the 50's I'm sure, just for a point of reference!

I'll start using the drink tracker *sigh* finally to be honest with me and all of you!

I like the plan because it gives me the AF days mandatory, gives a few days where I can enjoy a "normal" glass or two of wine with dinner and that's ALL (make me get used to not continue sipping, but rather switch to tea), and then a couple days where I can hang out with hubby or friends and have our cocktails, watch the game, whatever, and have my drinks with them without going overboard like my 10-12plus drinks of old, leaving me trashed.
      Still trying to decide if I should up the topa, or if having this plan will just be enough.

Sorry so long. I thought about doing this or not for several days but decided this morning to commit! Even before Nov. 1st. Started yesterday. I had 4. I'll post it on the tracker! gonna use a 0 today.

BTW, still sick with a cold. May try to get to the gym though.

Soccermom Mary, how is your husband recovering? Gypsi? How are his spirits?

I'm off work today, so I'll be around. Have a good monday, everyone!

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Reposted because it was under the wrong thread.....hey I'm new again

Oh dear......I've been gone for what seems like forever from here. It's all I can do to read and catch up here.

My cat is looking at me like I am the worst human in the world because I am sitting here instead of lavishing my attention on him

I've missed so much here while I've been away!

Becca, I love your plan........after my month of Abs I think I will try that......thanks for the tip. Also, I just want you to know, I plan on walking the 1/2 marathon in Cincinnati (flying pig) I think it's called, next May.......... You have inspired me!

Allie, I love Disney.....I'm thinking of you too!

I miss you all but there's so much I have to catch up on here at home.

Gypsi, I am thinking of you

Welcome to everyone new!
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

OH, I just wanted to add for everyone, esp. newbies, I think that the "recommended" maximum number of drinks per day for a woman is 2-3. In Moderation Management's program, I know you are not "allowed" to have more than 3...
          I just didn't want anyone to think that 4 and 5 is recommended "healthy"... a-hem... but neither is 8-12, 5plus times per wk, Ya know?
          Just kind of goes back to the individual plan thing! I think the 2-3 drinks or less for moderation is extremely respectable and should be the norm. I'm just being me and realistic. and honest. I know some abs people don't even look over here because of frustrating banter like this. SORRY in advance. Running a little plan over here...
          OK, nuff said. Everyone have a fantastic day!

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

And I'm REALLY glad you are doing better, Fan!
            Rachele, My sister in law and I are going to start training for the full marathon for the Flying Pig!! Wha hooo! The kids are even wanting to do the Piglet race on Saturday! That whole weekend looks like a lot of fun. We'll be staying with my b-i-l and s-i-l in Cinci. That will be great to meet you! Brian (iia) is coming too, right? Then we have the Durango Marathon for the fall with Allie and LUSH and Judie, I know you can walk that far!
            We're gonna be renamed the Buff Muffs before long!

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Good Morning my friends!!! Waves, thanks for your thoughts. I am not starting until Wednesday officially but am feeling ready to cleanse out the old body for a while. Guess I need to get myself set up in the drink tracker. Becca, my trainer actually suggested your plan for weight loss as well. Great idea and I may implement it after my 20 days.

Rachele, missed you around here this weekend. You are gearing up for Wednesday as well, aren't you? But you are going to go the whole month? Rah, rah!!

Gypsi and SM Mary, how are you both this morning? Your situations made me take a step back and appreciate my husband even more this weekend without letting the little things irk me because, as well all know, the little things don't mean sh*t. I hope you both are doing well.

Jen, have you disappeared on me again?

Allie, thanks for sending the pictures. Your family is DARLING, DARLING, DARLING!!!!! Made me want to go to Disney.

Fan, glad your weekend turned out well in the end. And I am glad you like us enough that you felt you could come here to vent. We love our muffin man!!!

Lynn, welcome and good luck with your goals this week. Keep us posted.

Anyone I missed? Sorry but gotta get daughter to school. Love to all!!!

P.S. Becca, well said about the drink counts. I am like you where 5 is not considered a lot but to some I am sure that is shocking.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

OOps did I post in the wrong spot?
                I can repost here too
                hang on
                Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

WOW!
                  I have missed tons as well - its almost scary!

I have not disappeared - I am still here! I was quite reflective this weekend so I might have been quiet.....

On Saturday night, I was hanging out with a friend of mine (you guys may recall me talking about him before - my gay friend, Kent). I hadn't seen him in about a month. I have told him about this program. Anyways, he is a really heavy drinker (which is fine, I am not judging him in any way). And while he was somewhat supportive of what I am doing, I couldnt help but feel he was mocking me somewhat for not drinking much. To be honest, I had 3 drinks during the evening (over the course of about 7 hours). I guess what that evening really made me realize is that not only has my relationship with alcohol changed - but so has my relationship with the people I used to get 'trashed' with. I mean, i really saw what i used to do to my body and my mind. I couldnt believe the self-destructiveness of his behaviour (and I am not talking just alcohol - I mean, just a total disregard for his own safety and life - a total hatred for his own life, and a total lack of desire to ever want to cut down or change his habits - again, I am not judging him, I was actually a little scared for him - and sad). Anyways, I guess I was a little sad all of yesterday after that experience. We have been best friends for many years. But I dont see how we can possibly maintain a friendship when our association has been almost entirely based around drinking...we really dont have much in common anymore and I really felt a little attacked and mocked by him, though I dont think he did it on purpose....ah well...
                  So, I know I have been quiet, just a lot of reflection this weekend....

Anyways, on a brighter note - MM and all other newbies - welcome!!
                  Here are my goals for November:

AF during the weeks (Sun -Thurs)
                  Fridays and Saturdays I can now have drinks but no more than 3 drinks in any one sitting.
                  I am absolutely dedicating myself to eating healthier
                  I am cutting out white bread, sugars as much as as possible
                  Exercise routine at least three times per week
                  If I feel myself in any way drinking more than above, I will go back to AF permanently.

Gypsi - I hope your husband is doing well and you too SM Mary
                  MKR Mary - I hope your family is well too
                  Lusch - Love ya darlin' - I am thinking of you too as you embark on your new journey starting this week!
                  Everyone else - love you all!!!!!
                  Love Jen

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Good Morning Mods!

Looked like a super busy weekend over here! Going to include the thoughts from the Universe this morning:

You will be happy to know that I have personally authorized the release of enough joy into the atmosphere of your shiny little planet for every man, woman and child, to last for eternity.

Yep. Did it just after it cooled from its molten mass phase.

Make hay -
                    ***** The Universe

JOY - Here we come!!

Fan, I am sorry you were having trouble sleeping and are going through the separation with children angst. It is so incredibly hard to deal with. This sounds so trite but . . . time does heal a lot of those wounds. At least you are able to acknowledge that you have those feelings and try to deal with them. I do say Lush is right, go do your own thing, with and without your children. This part is inevitable and a super tough pill to swallow. (Been there done that with gut wrenching emotions through out.) Fan, did you ever try the CD's yet? Do they help relax you and make you sleepy?

Love the ideas of people setting plans. Like Becca, I have found that at least when I feel the most vulnerable, I must make a plan for myself. what is cool is my plan from a couple months ago sort of became my lifestyle. The one thing I do sort of forget to do is my one nice thing for myself - funny how that works huh?!!

Went to the halloween party on Saturday night, this was no shortage of alcohol. Had one margarita then two glasses of water then one half glass of a second margarita. I did find my L-glutamine and took one as we left the house. Was weird but didn't really need that second drink and it seemed kind of sweet so gave it to hubby (who totally didn't need any more alcohol but chugged it on down.) The hostess called me yesterday afternoon and said she woke up so hung over. I was quite happy I didn't as I had a breakfast to put together for 15 of us, my only surviving aunt is in town and so I had everyone for a breakfast/brunch. My parents are both quite thin but seem to have their spirit to live back . . I am THRILLED on that! Thanks to all who asked, I appreciate it.

Gypsi, I am glad you are home and think that is so great your friends were there to help set the house up differently for you. I wish you peace and love.

SM Mary, praying for you, your husband and family. Wishing you peace and health. May this be his wake up call. (Don't even get me started on husbands and not eating right!!)

Welcome: MM, (great post!), Lynn S, Tumadre, Waiting to Exhale and any newbies I missed!

Jenneh, Judie, Waves, Rachele, Allie, Mary Anne, Eustacia, Dilayne, Laura,MoJo, Trish, Patti (where are you?) and anyone else I missed, hope you all have a wonderful week. Mine is rather overloaded already but interviewed some local talent on Friday eveing so maybe I can breathe a bit easier soon! NOT holding my breath though - been to this place before.

Love you all,
                    Mary

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Jen, I am so proud of how you have embraced this whole new life change. Something just really clicked in your head/body and you sound so determined. I hope I will feel like that after getting a lot of AF days under my belt. I am sorry about your friend. One of my best friends is one of my best friends because we always get trashed together. That is about all we have in common. I have told her about this program and she just laughs it off. As you have already learned you have to want to quit or cut back drastically enough that you JUST DO IT, but obviously our "friends" are not in that same boat. It is hard. He is treating you like that because I think he is envious and wishing he could do what you are doing, so by "belittling" you it makes him feel better. I hope you two can reach some middle ground where it works for both of you. So many issues to deal with when we change our relationship with drinking, isn't there? Anyhow, hope today is better for you. Hugs!!!
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Hi ya'll!

Nice early post Waves...My God, you're up early! That's about the time I'm usually climbing into bed!

Gypsi- Thinking of you ... glad you're home & hope your able to get some rest & have some quality time...

Fan- the Family gathering sounds like fun! Wish I could've been there. I've been wearing spider rings & ear rings @ work this week!

Lynn- Good luck with 5 days ! You can do it!

Allie- Great photos! Thanks, now I REALLY want to come back down to Florida! Did you get my mssg RE- P-ville?

Rachelle- Welcome back "Newbie" Good to see ya!

Flying Pigs huh? I like the sound of Buff Muffs ... better! Not too sure about your choice of races Becca & Rachele!:H But Durango is appealing...

MM- Glad you're here, I'll trade you "writing styles" any day!

MKR, I'm so glad to hear your folks are feeling better! Sounds like you're having some fun too! About time! You deserve it ya know!

Mary Ann- where are you? Hope you're OK...?

SM Mary, How are you doing ? Thinking of you...

Hugs to all ... Jenneh, Lush, Laura, Precious,.... This board has gotten so big !! It's great! But hard for my ditzy little brain to keep track of everyone!! Love ya all!
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

I just want to say good luck to everyone with their goals in this up coming month!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/148551=47-attachment.gif[/img]
                          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Thanks everyone for your great wishes today. I have to go find a costume shop. I have to be Sonny tomorrow at work as in Sonny and Cher. Becca, I could train for Cinncinati in May! That would be doable.

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Great Lynn! Looks like there will be a slew of us... Flying Pig Muffins... OMG!!:H
                              And Jude, the idea behind the title is "I'll run a marathon when PIGS FLY" .
                              Ain't it the truth, ain't it the TRUTH???

OINK!

To echo Rachele, an early "good luck" on everyone's new goals for November. Let's start the holiday season:wow: off GREAT!

MKR, you are doing so great on your moderation. Nice lookin drink tracker! You too Jen and Waves, and Laura! Maggie, you around? looking good yourself! It took me a long time to get the nerve to post my drinks publicly over there. You guys doing great!

Comment

Working...
                              X