Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct. 31st

Howdy,

Something seems to be wrong with my puter (or the nut behind the wheel) and I can't see any of the page two posts on yesterdays thread.

Sorry gang. I did want to reply. But it was cool to read your thoughts on stuff. Wish I could have read more.

I'll be looking into that.

Okay, in honour of the day.

BOO!

What was your best Halloween costume? (or one you saw someone else wearing?)

I dressed all in white once and pinned a little plastic fly on my back.

I was a fly on the wall. Often wanted to be that, so what the heck?

You?

Helen

Oct. 31st

Good morning all,

Good morning Helen, right what was my best costume??? I dunno really...The best ones i like are when we dress the kids up when they are babies.....We put a stripey baby grow on one of the kids one year...drew a moustach on him and gelled his hair....He looked just like the baby out of the Adams family.....This year our youngest is going to be the incredible hulk...( or the incredible hunk as his 4 year old brother calls him)...I'll try and put a pic on later if i can...

I hope everyone has a good day...and a spooky halloween....Love Macks..

P.S. fly on the wall....lol
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Oct. 31st

Comment

Oct. 31st

Helen,
        I loved that idea for a costume. Will have to remember that for the next costume party. My favourite costume was worn by a Bristish Airways flight crewmember during a flight on 31 oct. He was dressed as a sheep but the head was a wolf.....so a wolf in sheep's clothing.Doesn't sound as good as it looked.
        Anyway,I'm back to day 3(Lisa ,i think I'm right with you) I think We'll get a lot of new absters on Nov 1st. It's a great month to do abs!!!
        Will check in later.
        Janet

Comment

Oct. 31st

I have two memories of favorite costumes.

One my mom made me as a little girl. She made a geisha outfit, complete with a black bun wig made from black yarn. It was lovely, and my niece is wearing it for Halloween this year.

Another that I semi-made was for Halloween back in 1978. I was a peacock. I got a metallic turquoise leotard and pants and made a tail out of poster board and a lot of peacock feathers, that stuck way up over my head.

Maddy has a whole "BatGirl" costume assembled this year and looks darling.

Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon last night. Maddy went to the doctor by herself yesterday--a first--for a medication check, and also (of course!!) for the first time, they hooked her up to an EKG and she had a somewhat abnormal heart rythym and slow heart beat. They are checking very carefully these days for any issues with medications (Maddy has ADHD). So I got a rather hysterical phone call from her when she went back to school and spent the rest of the morning getting in touch with her doctor. Although they assured me that it was likely nothing to worry about, I now have to make an appointment with a cardiologist, and it wasn't enough to stop visions of having her just dr0pping dead on me keep intruding into my brain. Also, she hadn't wanted to go to the doc's by herself, and she was royally pissed off at me. So I drank. Back to day 1, yet again........ I aggravate myself sometimes.....

Nevertheless, I'm going to focus on the fact that I HAVE BEEN DOING WELL OVERALL, and I'm just going to make sure the slip doesn't turn into a slide. Maddy has recovered from her funk, too. She hasn't let this faze her one bit as far as donning her BatGirl costume. So now, I have to make this appointment for the cardiologist. She also needs to have blood work done. Ugghh!

Anyhoo--that's it for this morning. I just want to get this stuff done and taken care of. It would help if I felt a little better. :eeks:

Hugs,

Kathy:l
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Oct. 31st

Kathy, i know how you feel this morning...about drinking i mean...not about Maddy...I think your doing exactly the right thing not letting it turn into a downward spiral and continueing drinking for the next few nights...Best to jump straight back up and carry on as if nothing had happened...you have done fantastic overall...we all know how hard it is....espesially when you get the curveball..
            Chin up big sis...
            If you get to feel down at all today...Just remember you look 10 years younger than your age.....And it must be true coz Mack said so:l

Comment

Oct. 31st

Macks there are never too many pics of your kids - show them!!!
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Oct. 31st

Comment

Oct. 31st

You twisted my arm..

Comment

Oct. 31st

Awwwww...... bring em on, Macks! What a precious face!!! And thanks little bro... I'm getting up!
                    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Oct. 31st

My best Halloween costume was when four of us went to dinner and a party dressed as Gary Larsen (of The Far Side) cows. We all had regular cow outfits from the costume shop, but my friend Faron added wigs with bufont hairstyles, big glittery eyelashes, makeup, etc. Kind of like cows in 60's drag. Faron always came up with the best ideas for costumes!

Macks, your little Hulk is adorable!

And Kathy, I'm very sorry to hear about the scare with Maddy yesterday. Not being a parent, I can't even imagine how you feel. But she is young and strong, and like they said this is probably nothing to worry about. I will keep you and Maddy in my prayers today. Keep us posted, OK? And you are right, a slip doesn't have to turn into a slide.

Hope you all have a great (AF) Halloween, Absville!

Mike
                      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Oct. 31st

Good Morning!
                        My goodness I am an emotional girl today - these posts are making me tear up- but in a good way-you guys are all so sweet and funny and supportive and well, just makes me feel good to be here.
                        Kathy - one day is not two or four or six if you know what I mean. I know you are getting stronger every day. Life sure does like to thow things in your path though. I'll be thinking about you today -

Yes- Janet it is day 3 for me too. I'm looking forward to a full AF November. I'll do my very best.
                        Macks - your little hulk got to me too - What a sweetie he is - and those big eyes - wow. He should really pull in the candy tonight !!

I love the fly on the wall costume. I don't think I have a favorite for me...maybe the gypsy costume I created for myself one year. That one was fun. I loved Halloween - a lady in our neighborhood, Mrs. Horner, had a party every year for all the kids. She'd decorate her backyard and had a fortune teller, and games and bobbing for apples and a haunted house ( she used the large fenced in kennel in her yard-very scary). She had grown kids but just loved doing it for all of us - we'd go trick or treating and then went to her house for the big party. What a night!
                        Anyway- have a great time tonight everyone.
                        Lisa

Comment

Oct. 31st

Good morning Absville,

Macks!!! How cute! Those were the most fun days at my house too!

Kathy.....I so sorry to hear that Maddy has a potential problem. Don't let fear knock you down. Get some tools out of your tool box and wack it over the head!

My daughter had a simular problem at that age. They tried bata-blockers but that made her feel worse so she now exercises and meditates to "clam" her heart rate.

I'm thinking of costumes....hummmmmm! I can only remember my kids! The little guy at the top here reminds me of sounds here on the farm at night!

Have a fun day all and remember that fear is only:
                          F--false
                          E--evidence
                          A--appearing
                          R--real

Nancy & Belle the "devil dog" for today! Marine corp shirt with horns for her head! :H

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYJGUS
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Oct. 31st

Hi. New here. I've lurked for a long time but now I need to be here. I keep doing the same dumb sh*t over and over and I am SOOO very tired. Tired of feeling bad, tired of failing, tired of disappointing everyone...Tired of everything. I don't want to lose everything and I think the husband is on the verge of killing me so I need to be here. Listened to the cd today and will do some, not all, of the supps. I just hate how I feel and just hate me right now. Rats.
                            Hawk

Comment

Oct. 31st

Hi Hawk:welcome: to MWO.......

As you get more into the program, you will beging to feel better about yourself. We are very supportive here and freely give pats on the back and kicks on the a- - when needed!

Keep reading and posting!
                              Nancy:l
                              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                              X