Awful pain in my knees from Topa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so happy to be on Topa, it gave me a hope that my life can go back to normal again. First weeks on topa I had no problems only positive experience, then I missed out couple weeks because I didn?t received my order from overseas. I was desperate to get back to my 200g topa when they finally sent it. In a week I rushed to my regular dosage and stopped to crave for a drink.
    Then it?s started with my knees. Now it?s 2 weeks on, I can barely walk and I finally decided to see my GP. I know that she is going to say that I have to stop taking Topa. She didn?t want me to prescribe topa on the first place. She said it?s not validated in the UK. This is a complete nightmare. If I stop topa, I know that I?ll be drinking, but like this I don?t know how bad it will get with my knees.
    Did anyone had any similar problem ? In topa?s Inforamtion sheet for patients they are mentioning a possibility of sudden severe pain in the chest, arms or legs. Well, it looks that I?m the unlucky one. I?m just hoping that she will try to understand me and maybe I can stay on topa and my knees can be cured.

Adrian, I think you have to be honest with your GP but I totally understand how scarey it can be that she may recommend you stop the topa. Maybe you can get the campral instead? Now that you are not drinking it may be the way to go. I have not started topa except one day I took it and was in such a bad mood, which was not good at work. I'm moderating with the other supps. Good luck, it seems alot of people have trouble getting topa in the UK. Suz
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

Thank you Suzanna. You are right about Campral. I remember she was talking about it as the only medicine she could possibly prescribe and that you must be abstinent for a while in order to take it. It sounds like an option. However, topa worked fantastically on my brain. It switched off that craving switch. I don’t know how Campral works. I know that it’s got different supplements. Is there anybody who had taken both? How Campral works on your craving and on your body? Thanks again for your suggestion Suzanna. I’m scared and I still ordered a new pack of Topamax.

Comment

I wonder if you cut back on your dosage. I only take 75mg a day because of side effects & it stills reduces the cravings.

Comment

I thought of that. But I remember being on 100mg and I felt almost like not taking anything. I will try 150mg but I suppose that wont make enough difference. Thanks peaches.

Comment

Working...
          X