Supps= green stool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supps= green stool?

Hi, sorry to be so graphic, but I need to know whether L glut or gaba can cause a "moldy" green colored stool.

I reaad on the web that this can be caused by supps containing iron but I was not aware that iron was a component of either.

Anyone else had this?

Thanks!

Ivy

Supps= green stool?

Hi Ivy:

Not sure, but I do know that when the kids were babies...they said that green was a sign that it had passed rapidly through the digeestive system. ???? sorry I could not be of more help.

Comment

Supps= green stool?

Hi Kizzie,

Yes, I knew about that, or at least I found about it from the web and you. Thanks. I also read that if you eat something blue or purple, you will get green. I ate a little jar of black caviar adn one site mentioned black might produce green when combined with digestive bile.

Scary.

Anyyone else out there or am I the only green monster?

Ivy

Comment

Supps= green stool?

Sorry Ivy. No green poopies for me. I am too constipated.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Supps= green stool?

Dr. Garcia, are you here? Question.

Dear Dr. Garcia,

I wonder if you are still here, can you advise me about the cause of green stool? I need to know if it is serious.

Thanks sooooo much.,

Ivy

Comment

Supps= green stool?

Ivy, I just started all the supps this morning ... I'll let ya know .

before I had a major surgery 3 years ago .. told to take tons of iron .. no green .. just very dark from the iron ...

Ah the topics here .. LOL Happy we have each other to ask!

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Supps= green stool?

Thanks All,

Waiting, I'll be interested to know what you see after taking the supps coz you are new to them.
              Welcome!

The green has pretty much gone away. Hope it stays away so I won't be in deep doo doo, lol

Ivy

Comment

Supps= green stool?

Hi, Ivy

I'm in touch with Dr. Garcia on a regular basis and I'll pass the question along. Her work and travel schedule have become increasingly demanding and in fact she's just back from Europe this week. She remains Medical Director of the My Way Out program and is also involved in some very exciting work in addition to treating her alcohol dependent patients. Her practice is keeping her extremely busy and it's one of the reasons we decided to have her take a break from her "Ask Dr. G" forum once we moved to the new board. (All her previous material is archived here, however). But we found ourselves delayed in responding to user questions, and it was causing some frustration.

As I said, I'll ask her about the green stuff next time we connect. It doesn't sound like a typical side effect relative to Gaba or L-Glut, but if you're concerned, please call your health care provider because it may be a symptom of something you address.

RJ
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Supps= green stool?

Or not...

Guess I was posting close to the same time, got a phone call in the middle. :-)

I won't bother bringing it up then. Sounds like the situation resolved itself.

RJ
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Working...
                  X