Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st November this side of the Globe

G'day Abbers,

It's 1 November this side of the planet. Wow, time flies. I'll be 35 this month. Have been off the wagon for the last full week until yesterday. Hope to make board the wagon as of today ... Got my Topa medication, but haven't taken it yet, as I'm a bit scared by all the side effects everyone keeps on talking about.

Other than that all is fine. I'm really motivated to get off the alc.

Anyway guys, hang in there.

Paddy
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Good morning all,
    Good morning Paddy...Happy November 1st...( i cant beleive its November already)
    I cant help you with the topa Paddy but i'm sure somebody here today will me more than happy to answer any questions you have...

Right i just want to wish everyone the best of luck for this month and welcome all the first time Abbers starting today...
    Have a great day everyone....Macks
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Hello Paddy Macks and all to come

Came back in this morningThanks Paddy you picked up today and Thanks Helen for last few days

Morning all ABsville and none ABsville A Big Huge Wellcome to all new Absville arrivers hope November is a good start or continuation welcome :welcome: and good for you getting this far

Have a good today S cabin dweller at the moment but town is best for winter phone lines and electrics and hot water

Comment

Hi everyone - White Rabbits !!!

I wish everyone who is planning abs for this month all the best, and that this is a fruitful journey, and by sharing our experiences, we CAN do it.

Lots of love as always,

xxxx

Comment

Happy November and welcome to all who are new to Absville! May you find peace, comfort and growth here as you start your journey. Thanks to Helen for your stint as mayor over the past couple days. Great job!
          My boys got quite a loot of candy last night. Our neighborhood has a street that attracts the entire city...we ran into a number of classmates from their school. We hooked up with some of their friends for part of the trip. My 13 yo, Adam, uncharacteristically came to me and told me he was ready to go home. As we were walking home, he said that the smell of alcohol was bothering him (the parents were all carrying paper cups filled with wine). I think he was afraid for me. How sad! Guess I wasn't disguising the smell as well as I thought I was all the time I was drinking in my past. Gives me more incentive to stay on this path and get well! He turns 13 tomorrow. I need to be strong for him!
          Welcome back Liz! Glad you're back.
          I am looking forward to November! Fall finally begins for us here in California. Maybe I can put away the shorts and tank tops at last.

Comment

Happy November everyone.

I'm right there with you Paddty. Finally got the topa (it came from India) and now I'm afraid to take it. Just the thought of mixing the side effects with possible sea sickenss is turning me green. uch:

Of course, I'm kinda green anyway from drinking too much.

Man, this drives me crazy. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even capable of being both sober and happy.

But, onward - through the bog.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Wow, it's feeling good to be of sound mind and not anxious this morning!! The sun is waking me up too darn early, though!! Thank goodness for cappucino!!

Tracy, at the lower doses of topa, you shouldn't feel all that much, unless you are really sensitive to the medicine.

Gina, what a gallant man your son is, protecting his mom like that!! It must have been very bittersweet for you....proud of him, but sad too. I'm glad you found it motivating!

Lizzie, it is so good to see you posting regularly again. I can't tell you how happy it makes me!:l

Morning, Farmeress? Will you join us in town for the winter then?? Or we'll come out and visit you regularly at the cabin then, if you like it that way! Just so you don't get lonely! I really like cabins a lot!

Hey Macks! How's the little brother? Love those kids in their costumes!

Paddy, try not to be scared about the topa. You can start dosing up really slowly if you need to, even starting at 12.5 mg in the afternoon, to start. If you are having side effects, you can just dose up little by little as your body gets used to it. If you want to private message me, please feel free!

Anyway, that's all for now. I've gotta get on the phone and start making appointments for Maddy. Then it's off to work.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs to all!

Kathy:l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Nov 1

Holy Cats! I cannot believe it is already Nov.1.

Good morning all. Day 2 for me and I feel significantly better than yesterday (I was recovering from a "wine festival" I had the night before). So nice to get a decent night's sleep. Going to listen to CDs shortly.

Thanks for the welcome yesterday and the advice in general discussion - Actions do speak louder than words - and I hope to demonstrate my resolve to husband. My usual MO in the past has been to replace the wine I consumed so that should he check rack in cellar, he wouldn't know how much I drank. But this time, not going to do it - because then its there and I don't need the temptation. So, I guess that's a tiny bit of progress - recognizing what I usually do and how it affects me.

It sounds like everyone has a lot going on and as I am here more, I hope to get to know you all better and am able to participate more fully. You all seem to be moving on with life and I want that -- right now I am so consumed with getting by day-to-day. I hope you have patience with my self absorbtion right now.

I do hope everyone has a great AF day. I'll be thinking of each of you and checking back to learn more about you guys. Thanks for your support.
                Hawk

Comment

Happy 11/1 Everyone-

I'm starting out a bit cranky this morning so I will keep it short and hopefully sweet. Last night was fun - had lots more trick- or- treaters than last year - cutest costume this year was a two year old dressed as a pink poodle! SO cute! I wanted to trade some candy for her and just keep her!!! Or him? hmm.. don't really know

I met with my trainer yesterday at the gym and I'm pretty sore today. I meet again with her tomorrow - every tue and thur until I'm in shape....so that will be a long long time

I'm sticking with the AF for Nov and the workout for Nov. I'm pretty determined. Even if I don't have all the enthusiasm for it right now...it will come later. I'm just going to do it anyway and see what happens. As a friend of mine said to me recently .... "about the worst that could happen is that you will feel better...right?" Not too many people feel worse after quitting drinking and starting an exercise program.......sigh... I've certainly tried feeling better by drinking too much ...over and over and over again....hmmmm...not really working for me anymore.

So...hears to all of us ...cheers to you all and Good Luck to us All and Lets have the Best November Ever!!
                  :l Lisa

Comment

back again

Greetings all. I am going to make another effort at 30 days.
                    I have been logging my drinking for over a year, it is a depressing spreadsheet.
                    I think I start logging my exercise days instead. ( that idea was suggested here by someone, maybe MikeUpNorth).
                    It feels different this time, maybe I will make it.
                    Love and Peace,
                    Phil
                    Love and Peace,
                    Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

My post yesterday about moving back to Absville was my committment to myself that I can do this - so today is moving day. I am trying not to bring too much baggage. I just printed off the supplements chart and have to do an inventory to see what I need.

I am hearing from today's posts that the first day of a new month is a daunting committment to lots of residents here. Feels good not to be alone and to have a plan. It is also a wonderful, cool sunny day here in upstate NY, a good day to get out and take a walk and perhaps tackle the garden clean up I have been putting off.

Comment

White Rabbits! (Love that, Liz!)

Hi everyone,

Just a fairly quick hello this morning as I'll be off to work soon.

A special hello to Kris, Phil, Hawk, Paddy, and anyone else just joining us. Here's to an alcohol-free November!

October was my first completely alcohol-free calendar month since I don't remember when. So, if I can do it, so can you. Just stick to your decision, use your tools, come here & post (ask for help if you need it) and remember: cravings never killed anyone.

Hey Phil, that is a great idea to count your exercise days instead of drinking days, but I can't take credit for it. That was Neil (Xtexan). We could all learn a thing or two from him.

So take care out there and hope you all have a great day.

Mike
                        "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Hi guys,
                          Happy B-day this month Paddy. I too turn older this month. Don't be scared on the topa. Private message me if ya need to and Kathy too. She knows everything.

Kath...sorry about the news on Maddy. Cant wait for the good news to come. Keep us posted.

Hi cute Macks. Tell everyone over there Hi for me.

Hi Farmeress, we are kinda new to each other I think. So nice meetin ya

Lizzie, cutesie Lizzie. So good to see ya honey bunny. Glad your doin good. How did that go yesterday?

Gina....cute little son ya got there. Ya...I usually drank on Halloween. Why.....I dunno.

Tracy...same thing. You will be fine on the topa. In fact you will probably be amazed. And can you be happy and sober? YES!!!!!! even on the sad days! : ) good topic for mayor

Hawk, you'll be in the "in" group in no time here. We are all in the in group! hee hee snort snort...everyone snort......lizzy's back!

Lisa, now I have been gone too....but did you disappear from abbsville for a bit? frowned on! I think someone was complainin about your lawn getting to long or something. Maybe it was the leaves, I dunno but ya cant leave! : ) Slip or no slip. (We were worried)

Hi Phil, you can do it. Just try again. : )

Kris, Baggage......what's that? None of us have baggage. No worries.

Mike....big hugs for your AF month. You have been working so hard and helping so many along the way. Thanks for being you and being here. We all love you! Big Big Hugs, Mike!

Have a good AF day all of you and Happy November 1st.
                          And remember its Paddys and me's birthday this month and since we arent gonna tell you the day you guys can just go ahead and throw a party for us every day to make sure ya get it covered. okay?
                          I think will work out....dont you Paddy?
                          Gabby :flower:

Comment

Happy Birthday November Abbers!
                            Just thought I would take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday to all who have a birthday this month!

Wow..Nov. 1st!! Time sure is moving fast here in Absville! The mums and the trees are beautiful this time of year.
                            Its finally cool enough to go out side and work and walk without having a heat stroke. Yeah!!

It's so good to see new folks and some not so new ones back here!

Lizzie..you have been missed! And Lisa was awol for a little while! Good to have you and all others back.

Gabby and Paddy.you will have to give us a hint on what to get you for your birthday. As you know, in Absville ALL things are possible!

More later......work and stuff to do here!

Nancy:l

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Happy November 1st All,
                              It's good to see so many posts at noon ET. I feel strengthened by seeing so many new and old members posting on abs.This is a really good time to do abs as it's the month before (what for many of us is) the Holiday season. My good freind is a native of Ireland and she tells me that in her village (which is quite small) the pub-goers take the month off. This was always the tradition when she was growing up.It makes sense as their bodies got a rest from the alcohol.
                              I am starting this month with the idea that I will abstain for the next 30 days. I would love it if what happened to Gabby happen to me.....after 30 days I decide that it is just not worth taking another drink and continue to abstain. However, I have been known to trip over future demons when I have demons in the present to deal with.I cannot worry about the drinks I might possibly have at Christmas when I have the first week in Nov to get through. In less words..... ONE DAY AT A TIME......
                              So, I welcome all newcomers. Please don't fear. We can struggle through this month together and feel so much better about ourselves.
                              Janet

Comment

Working...
                              X