Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here/My story

Hi,
    I'm glad I found this board. My name is Jan and I've tried to quit drinking for a long time. It doesn't work for me. I'd go without drink for 9 months and go back to excessive drinking. I have found that I am able to cut back with the right mindset.
    A little info on my drinking patterns: I love beer, especially German beer and my husband and I brew our own beer at home (but we still also buy our favorite beers). When I'm at my worst (of uncontrolled drinking), I'd have 16 beers a day (drinking from morning til evening). Obviously, waayyy too much. I was able to hold my intake "down" to 6 beers a day for a few weeks with an occasional slip. My true goal is getting my daily consumption down to 3-4 beers AT THE MOST. I just feel so much better in the mornings if I keep it down or don't drink at all.
    Anyway, it is a struggle especially in company. My husband and I both really enjoy drinking beer and it just adds up to too much at the end of the night (or party or Octoberfest or what not). I have found one great way to avoid late evening drinking though: I fix myself a big mug of chocolate milk. This has helped me a lot lately. The best thing for me is to quit drinking by 7 PM and I wake up refreshed the next morning.
    I was wondering if there are other beer lovers out there who were able to limit their beer intake on a consistent basis and from what previous amount did you go down to a safe level of drinking?
    Thank you all for listening.
    Jan :h

New here/My story

Hi Jan & :welcome: ,

I was drinking easily a 12 pk a day, when I found My Way Out. And being all of 5' 1" ... that's plenty, especially, since I don't eat when I start drinking like that, I just drink myself sick. No fun at all!
    But for some reason ...(probably because I'm an alcoholic, or problem drinker, or whatever label ya want to choose... )...I'd just keep on doing it! Then I'd get so sick I couldn't work ..or Play... vicious cycle!

But since I've been here, (January), I've not had to miss work, or any fun, from too much drinking!

This is a wonderful program! The support here is incredible. I'm on the Topa (100mg a day), and I take L-Glutamine, & milk thisle, as well as vitamins, etc, it really helps!

Keep reading & posting.. and WELCOME!!

:l , Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
    X