X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed November 1, 2006

Well good morning muffins,
    Happy November 1st!!!
    I hope everyone is well today and that everyone survived "scary" day last night!!!
    Well, its a brand new day and a brand new month which means new beginnings and new promises.....
    So, I know we sort of did this before, but for anyone who wants to (and may not have had the opportunity to do so before) - what are your goals for this month?
    What do you want to accomplish? Do you have anything specific in mind? The drink tracker is wiped clean this month so we all have a fresh chance to start fresh...!
    I love you all!
    Love Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Wed November 1, 2006

Morning!

Humm.. that took some thinking ....

Scary to push forward 4 weeks from now .. been such an amazing first week.

OK, my November goals include:

- By the end of the month, to have broken the habit of ever drinking in my shop again.
    - To accomplish 2 days of being totally AF ... something that has not happened for YEARS.
    - By the end of the month, to NEVER consume more than 4 glasses in 24 hours ...
    - To every day, for the month of November, to tick off one project per day .. no matter what!
    - To start walking at least 3 times per week, even if it is short walks.
    - To never talk to the Ex BF again! LOL

Not real biggies .. but biggies to me! I am scared as heck to think about a day without wine! This will be fun to accomplish ..

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Good Morning!

I know I've been away for awhile and I feel really guilty. I feel like I haven't been here to be supportive to those who need it and now I am ready to begin my month of abs (God help me) and I know I'm going to need a whole lot of support.

You all have been in my thoughts while I've been away.

Which brings me to another thing I have been pondering ........ I don't know where I should go:upset: my friends are here the people who have always been there for me and the people I have come to know and lean on are here in mods. But I did read up on the posts from the last week and the quandary about abstinence versus moderation and long term moderation versus long term abstinence and I really have only come to one place.....feeling lost.

Maybe I still belong in "just starting out" because that's still how I feel most of the time.

I have my husband on board for the abstinence at least while he is in town. He said he will be drinking while he is out of town. At least he will be supportive at home.

We have had a beautiful dinner planned out for a long time on Friday night. It will be my one exception this month to drinking, we will share one bottle of wine. If I can get through the month with sharing only one bottle of wine with my husband it will be quite an accomplishment!

I have a friend who is also an alcoholic. I haven't told her about this place or my involvment with it ( I don't trust her completely with my secrets) but I have begun to talk with her about moderatining her drinking and have given her some of what I have learned here from all of you to use to help her cut down. She is really interested!) She is going to walk with me in the flying pig marathon! Becca, maybe sometime over the winter we can meet for coffee and chat about it?

Another reason I haven't been around much.... we have been walking together. I woke up this morning nearly unable to moveuch:

Day 1 for me

Good luck to everyone who has set a goal this month!

Hugs,
      Rachele
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Hey Rachele
        Please dont feel lost - abs or mods or whatever - a board is a board is a board. As long as you are comfortable - you are welcome here. Dont be a stranger ok? We have come to love you and think of you as family too.
        When I was doing my abs thing in October (well with the exception of those 3 days (though over those three days I drank 1 drink on one of them, 2 on one of them and 3 on the other - for a total of 6 drinks in October!! - which is amazing for me) - I still came here almost every day. I think its all a personal choice. Just know you are welcome. As long as you are `comfortable.
        Love love love
        Jen

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Mike - great job and great start - we are rooting for you - by the way, great start on that book - you know who your #1 "fans" will be - waaaaay too much talent to waste.
          As for going through your stuff in storage, too bad we didnt all live closer to you, cause I think a bunch of muffins would be really helpful with that....hmmm, maybe a bus trip to where you live is in order
          Hugs and heaps of love
          Jen

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Great thread! My goals for the month of November:

-moderate my drinking to 3-4 beers a day at the most (for a start).
            -exercising at least 4 times a week.
            -cut down on sweets and start eating a healthier diet.
            -save money.
            -start on one of my 3 books I have planned.

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Rachele, I may as well just repost your post because I am feeling the exact same way. Today begins 1 of 20 for me. Ugh. But out of all of the boards I feel I belong here. I am going for moderation, just not for the next 20 days (with this Sunday being the one exception). Please do keep coming around here and please do not ever feel like you do not belong. We love you. It does not matter if you drink 5 gallons a day or nothing for the rest of your life, we want you here. I, too, have an alchie friend that I started to tell about this website and, as predicted, she thinks it is all a bunch of hooey. She has no desire to cut down at all and that makes it tough for me to hang out with her right now, or even talk to her on the phone. Sound familiar Jen? I keep telling myself I am really doing this 20 days for weight loss so it will not seem like such a chore. Rachele, PM if you need to talk or I would even be willing to exchange phone numbers. It could be helpful to both of us. As for my other goals I think that is a lofty enough one that I won't even kid myself that I will get my house completely organized or start exercising every day, but who knows? Maybe I will finally have the energy to do all of that. Thanks for listening guys and gals!!! Love you all.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

German Brewer, welcome!! We are glad to have you here!!!

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Thanks Fan for your kind and pervy thoughts!!!

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Sigh, Fan can always be counted on for his kind, pervy thoughts

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

another month,

I hope for my sake it is a positive one, I am feeling SOOOOOOO down today, thanks for the boost last night Fan, really got depressed, just went to bed, woke up thinking maybe this isn't for me (?!?) Maybe back to AA??? AAUUGRH!!! The thoughts of that freaks me out way too much, but I am at 200 mg of Topa and can't seem to stop drinking!! Haven't had an AF day since last Wed, and can't even think of trying to have one the way I feel right now, am worried! I mean, I am not drinking to oblivion, but I do want to lose weight and the only way to do it for me is to cut out the booze!

Depressed more than anything, my husband doesn't seem to care to even support me AT ALL, I know I have to do this on my own though, nobady can save me!:upset:

I know that next to gypsi and SM Mary my problems are nil, but I just can't seem to snap out of it!

Thanks for letting me rant and mope and complain!! sorry to put a damper on everyone's first!

love you,

MA

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Well lets see, I guess my first goal for Nov., is to get the dogs to stop barking!! :egad: There's 6 deer & 4 wild turkeys out in the front yard & the dogs are going nuts! If they don't shut up...I'm next:nutso: ...

Ok, I can think now...they're quiet.
                        I know I need to keep myself busy, with winter coming on... and that means probably taking on some more work, as the tourist season is finally winding down. I'm enjoying the change, but my hours have been cut by one day (which I like- but I know in the long run, it's not a good thing for me to have too much time on my hands...) Especially if the weather's going to keep me inside, & not out on the river!!

I like what Fan said about being honest with himself. That's definately a BIG one for me as well. I am very good at rearanging things in my mind so they fit just right .... if ya know what I mean... So being VERY DETERMINED & VERY VIGILANT are key to my success here.

For Nov., since I do have a bit more time (at least right now), I'm going to devote more time to the CD's & exercise.

No hard alcohol

lots of water! I've been slacking on that one...

Morning meditations

Try to do some AF days before the Holidays!

Try not to take things so DAMN personal!
                        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Darn it Lush! now you have gone and inspired me...

I really hate when that happens...

OK then....here it goes...

I will not drink anything during the week

AF Monday through Friday....boy this is really scary...but there I said it
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Wow Precious I am honored. I wish I felt inspired. Good luck with your goals. Mary Anne, I am sorry you are in a bad place. We all get what you are going through. And we are here for you to rant to.

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

I missed something............what's going on with sm Mary (Never mind, I went back and found the thread) SM Mary, My thoughts and prayers are with you!:l :h

Mary Anne:l
                              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
                              X