Favre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favre

What do you guys think? Is he saying he won't be back in order to get begged or is he really not coming back?

I like the guy okay, he is unarguably a great QB but this prima donna stuff saying he's not coming back, not going to training camp then suddenly showing up to play makes me not like him so much, besides, I got to admit I don't like QBs who are with a team for years and years suddenly leaving for another team, it doesn't sit well with me.

Favre

Oh Hart, He's done!
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Favre

Farve......is an ass ! Give it up old man...you had a great carear......quit playing with the emotions of the Minn. Vikings fans......IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Favre

Well, guys, I can't argue with you and I am from Wisconsin. Favre is a great QB but he should've just retired when he was going to the first time when he was with Green Bay instead of doing this bawling act on national TV (so embarrassing). This "indecision about retirement" crap happens every fall so then he doesn't have to report to training camp.

The truth is, and I know of people who work for him....he doesn't know what to do when he isn't playing football. Since he doesn't drink anymore, in the offseason, he goes into his media room at his house in MS and shuts himself off from his family and friends for weeks at at time. His body says "I should quit" but his mind says, "What the hell am I gonna do if I do quit?"

Just my two cents, from a 49-year-old female and a Packer season ticket holder.

Comment

Favre

Rusty;926935 wrote: Well, guys, I can't argue with you and I am from Wisconsin. Favre is a great QB but he should've just retired when he was going to the first time when he was with Green Bay instead of doing this bawling act on national TV (so embarrassing). This "indecision about retirement" crap happens every fall so then he doesn't have to report to training camp.

The truth is, and I know of people who work for him....he doesn't know what to do when he isn't playing football. Since he doesn't drink anymore, in the offseason, he goes into his media room at his house in MS and shuts himself off from his family and friends for weeks at at time. His body says "I should quit" but his mind says, "What the hell am I gonna do if I do quit?"

Just my two cents, from a 49-year-old female and a Packer season ticket holder.
          Would you take me to a game at Lambeau Rusty???
          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Favre

I had season tics for Ravens games from 96 - 08.....I've seen all the players. Manning, Farve, Brady, and of course Rosenberger (twice a year ! ha) It was nice.....but you know...since I stopped Drinking...tail gating, etc. does'nt mean much anymore ! I'm doing fine watching the Ball Games at home ! IAD
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Favre

Techie,

If you can handle tickets on the 40-yard-line. The seats are awesome...it's like watching TV at home except you're outside. Lambeau is the BEST place to watch a football game. I'm passionate about it. My dad played football for Notre Dame and was eligible for the Packers draft in the forties.

Comment

Favre

IAD,

I love Baltimore! I went to grad school in DC and we used to go to Inner Harbor. You know, I never cared a whole lot about tailgating....I really didn't. Plus, I'm not a beer drinker and so it doesn't appeal to me to drink AT the game...plus, then I'd have to pee like a racehorse, and damned if I'm going to stand in line to use a can! I don't "queue" well. :H You guys can just go in a beer can but I can't (heh, heh)

Comment

Favre

Rusty;926945 wrote: Techie,

If you can handle tickets on the 40-yard-line. The seats are awesome...it's like watching TV at home except you're outside. Lambeau is the BEST place to watch a football game. I'm passionate about it. My dad played football for Notre Dame and was eligible for the Packers draft in the forties.
                  WOW. I would LOVE to go. Great to hear about your dad too. Thanks...John

Comment

Favre

Ugh! Not again! Favre made the front page of the sports section because he denied that he had texted someone about retiring. Enough already! His attitude has pissed me off once again.

IAD, I may become a Ravens fan after all! I do love Baltimore, though. IAD, I really like Fredericksburg....I have fond memories there (this was long before I fell in love with the drink :-))

Techie....are you a Jets or Giants fan or not at all?

Comment

Favre

IAD....

You met Peyton or Eli Manning? Ooohhhh...I can only dream about that :-)

Comment

Favre

Rusty.......I did'nt meet them...just saw them play at the Ball park. M&T Bank Stadium is right on the Inner Harbor....so is Oriole Park....they share the same parking lot ! Back in the old Days......they both played on 33rd St. ( Old Memorial Stadium...Near John's Hopkins U. and Hospital) It's so much nicer now....everything is all together ESPN Zone, The Power Plant ( Lots of clubs in their) Lots of people hang out down their now. IAD
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Favre

IAD,

Man, I just loved those days because I was at Northwestern University Grad. School in 1985 and I saw an Orioles Game in the Fall. Fond memories through and through. My cousin's wife went to the U of MD and loved it...and a friend of mine graduated from there and has done very well.

IAD, I love talking with you because you always make me remember some of the best times of my life and I am so grateful to you for that, wild man :h

Comment

Favre

IAD,

I forgot to tell you that in those days, I became a Colts fan, too. I don't follow the Indy Colts now because it isn't the same. Those memories will never fade for me.

Comment

Favre

Thanks Rusty.....

Yea...The Colts....big heartbreak when they left town. Old man Erssay moved them out of Charm City like a thief in the night ! Those old Mayflower Van lines rolling down the road....
                              Mayflower Van Lines vendicated themselves by bringing The Ravens to Baltimore....no charge ! Ha! Clevland got ticked off at us.....they were lucky though they got a football team back in a couple of years. We had to wait about 12 years. Oh well that's water over the bridge, or what ever Ha! ....
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X