which one is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which one is the best?

Hi everybody, been taking REVIA now for 2 weeks - that is naltrexone - the oral one not the injectable one, and I just read RJ's bolg on campral, where she says the oral naltrexone is not very often prescribed by MDs......anyone knows why? And, above all, does anyone know whether there really is such a HUGE difference btw the med I use and Topa?? Revia does help in reducing cravings, and since it cancels a lot of the euphoric effect of alcohol - unless u've had a whole bottle of vodka of course - u end up drinking less, and this is already pretty amazing for me, but I read what u guys write about topa and it seems like it really switches the drinking button off for good, is it really like that ?Is it really the answer? i thought my med was already pretty awsome, and also, when I mentioned topa to my doc who is a psychiatrist - WONDERFUL LADY - she did not even consider it for a minute, she just smiled and said that was not what she would give me and that instead revia would be perfect for me...........what 's going on? what's the best? I told her I really have a big problem with drinking of course, that once I start I can't stop, so she did know that I am not simply trying to control my week end social drinking!!! Also, my drinking has really made me gain weight, and this is another big frickin' problem cos I've struggled with eating disorders for years, and this 15 lbs I gained make me feel really horrible, it is not only the alcohol itself but the weight gain too - another thing my doc perfectly knows - and I read many of u have lost a lot of weight by using Topa, probably mainly because u cut back a lot on drinking...so, again, is it really the answer? is it the solution? LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK PLEASE, thank you all:thanks: Ps: my goal is not abstinence but moderation.

which one is the best?

If you want moderation, Topa did it for me. However, I had to lie to my GP to get the precription, told him I had migraines. This was after another dr. had turned me down.

Comment

Working...
    X