Is Anyone Losing Weight on Topamax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else have any experience with weight loss on topamax?

Why, you do want to lose weight or don't? Or u actually did lose some?.........Just asking cos I have gained weight because of drinking and if i ever find something to cut dramatically back on drinks and lose lbs at the same time ti 'd be a dream come true.......ciao

Comment

Between the topamax, cutting back on the drinking, and big amounts of exercise, I've dropped 11 pounds since Feb. I know others with even more dramatic weight loss. Can't help but to shed some of our "muffin tops" when we're dropping thousands of empty calories from our diets and upping our activities cuz we don't feel like crap! Yeah!!!!
      Good luck!

Comment

Actually I have been working out for almost 4 years now,when I was not drinking too much and when I was drinking more.......I had always managed to keep myself in shape, but in the last 6/7 months Ihave tried to drown my own personal problems in gallons of drinks, and of course my 60 minute run 5 days a week and work out afterwards were no longer enough to burn those calories.......but I have taken some time off recently, gone back home for a long vacation and this has apparently given me the strength to change things, so I am taking Revia, trying as good as I can to cut back on drinks and have gone back to running - even if not as crazy as before - and I actually feel much better already, but u know, every time I hear of a new better way to speed up the " recovering " process i ask about it.....anythong not to go back to how I was feeling in summer! Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi,
          I'm at 250 mgs of topamax.......it's really helped with the drinking Unfortunately, not with the weight loss. Maybe the six miles I walked yesterday will help
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

I take 200mg topa. In 5 months I have lost 25 lbs. I have quit drinkin beer tho.
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Taking Campral...lost weight

Hi! I started losing weight in June before I quit drinking in July. I was AF for 3.5 months and now trying moderation with a learning curve. I drank ~14-18+ light beers daily until July. I have stopped eating out, starting walking my dog ~3x/week and am taking Campral. I've lost 41# since late June. I'm still fat, but less so than before. Starting moderation may be my downfall as I don't seem very good at it and may have to go back to abstinence. I can't contribute my weight loss to any ONE of the above...just all of the above in combination...with no alcohol for several months being the biggest factor. Good luck. It's been a different life/feeling since then.

Comment

I started taking topa in Jan. By July I had lost 20 pounds that have stayed off. I'm amazed and pleased. Does anyone know if the weight comes back when you stop topa?

yes,the weight does return!

Comment

Weight loss

This is my third time trying Topamax - my doc for some reason insists on starting me on 100mg right off the bat. First time I turned into a complete village idiot, second time the pins and needles were such that I couldn't function. I started again last Thursday, and aside from being a little more tired despite taking it at night, it's certainly better. Of course, it's also a little too soon to comment on the weight loss, although my desire to eat in the morning has disappeared in the last couple of days.

However, I did drop a dramatic amount of weight (30 pounds) on the other supplement Roberta mentions, which is now a prescription medication - Provigil (modafinil). I was taking 400 mgs of that daily and that got to be a little *too* much.

Anyway, happy weekend everyone!
                  Starbuck

Comment

Working...
                  X