Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday October 2nd

Good morning to you all in Absville.

It is absolutely FREEZING here with frost on the rooftops.

I hope everyone is feeling fine and enjoying the freedom of another clear day.

This is just a quick Hello and just to say that we are still here - in fact I think pretty much we are in it together for the long haul... My last couple of days have been dicey, I have felt that breath down my neck more often than I would like. But I'm over 5 weeks now, so i'm not giving in... I've been a slave to 'that' for too long.

So mittens on, scarves wrapped and out to face the world.

I have a meeting with my Bank at 12, and then counsellor ( Troy ) at 1.30. So I have to pull my socks up and get on with it.

I wish everyone here lots of love and warm ( WARM ) snuggles ! XXXX

Love to you all, as always ,
    XXXX

Thursday October 2nd

Fiddlesticks !!!!! I meant November... Bah Humbug !!!

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Oh my dear Lizzy. What planet do you live? Here on Earth it's November 2nd. In any case, hope you're doing well. Over here it's + 30 Celsius, so I cannot complain of snow or the like.

:l
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

OK Smarty

Just noticed - what a dimwit!!!

Right... My bags are packed and we're on our way - Me, Husband and 2 small ( hardly noticable - yeah right ! ) Jack Russells... Hope you are ready. My Bikini is on - underneath my Long-Johns...

The Delta Flyer is here to collect us from our planet !!!

Snnorrrt ( with laffter)

XXXX
        see you soon Paddy xxx

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Good morning all,
          Morning Bub and Paddy,

God i wish it was October 2nd...I got too many christmas presents to buy and i'm gonna be running out of time soon....
          I know how cold you are Liz...We got our first major frost last night....Its absolutly Baltic here this morning..I wont be wearing my cozzie for a while...

Right i'm off down to Manchester this morning to pick up my youngest brother....Hes coming down till Sunday night....I'm really looking forward to him coming down ...he's a absolute riot...And he knows about me not drinking...Infact he is one of the biggest worriers about me..

Speak to you all later....Love Macks:l
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Well, Macks, you enjoy. I'm on my second day on the wagon. Partly due to the fact of being on anti-biotics. But at the same time, it's a good start to not drink anymore. Next is topa ...

Catch ya,

Patrick
            Paddy
            Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Paddy, you will do fine on topa. Macks and lizzie, sorry your cold. Dont know what its like there. Rocky Mountains are cold too!
              Liz....when are you goin on your cruize? good for you 5 weeks AF.
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Nov 2

Good morning all --

Day 3 for me and feeling ok (aside from some snacking on leftover Halloween candy-that gave me a wicked headache). Lots to do today so I feel good that I will be occupied.

Here in PA, its a nice 55 degrees or so heading to a high of 60- maybe. I for one love the fall and the cooler weather! I like winter because (1) I am a skier and (2) I have horrendous allergies to nearly everything and in the winter I can breathe freely because everything is dead or frozen! Sad, but true!

Paddy - Have a good day and good luck with Topa

Liz - Congrats on 5 weeks. That's outstanding. Stay warm chicklet!

Macks - Have a wonderful time with you brother!

Gabby - Are you in Rockies? I envy you! I love to ski out there. So different than skiing in the East.

Hope everyone has a super day!:h
                Hawk

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Morning all. Congrats on 5 weeks Lizzie!

I kinda wish it was October because I've had all that time I wasted back and could catch up on stuff. It's getting chilly here at night, frosty. Days are running in the mid-50s and typically Colorado - always sunny. We had our first snow a few days ago but it melted quickly.

I'm leaving day after tomorrow for the Caribbean. Never been there and hope it's fun. I'm going to start topa this morning. I'll know by Saturday whether the side effects are going to be a problem. Good luck to you Paddy with your topa regimen.

Hope everyone has a bright AF day.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Good Morning-

Getting chilly here in Georgia too...freeze warning for Fri night. Time to get more firewood.
                    I made it to my workout this morning. Lost one pound...woo hoo!!! yippee! This whole thing about doing situps everyday must be wrong! Whew! ...ok it felt good when it was all over with...

I'm off work tomorrow and already looking forward to that. I need to put together my to do list so I keep myself busy. Idle hands and all..
                    Happy Wed everyone...stay warm.....and Liz, when they talk about layering clothes I don't think they meant bikinis!

Have a great day-
                    Lisa

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Hi all, just checking in.

It's actually interesting to hear what the weather is like where you all are. (Seriously!) Here's my update: I'm getting a little uneasy because we are still running well above average for temperatures. We've been consistently above average all this fall.... we are still in the 20's (above zero). And we are below average for snow. Right now we only have 4 inches on the ground, when we should have about a foot. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily WANT it to be 20 below zero, but it's just strange to make it to the first of November without it dipping down to that temperature at least once. We haven't even gotten to zero once.... For us, this is wimpy weather. Then again, we're seeing the effects of global warming at this latitude and have been for some time....

For anyone who likes cross-country skiing, we have the perfect conditions for it here. Wonderful powdery snow, flat or rolling countryside, and beautiful scenery. There's downhill skiing too but I don't know how it compares to other places... I know Valdez has some "extreme skiing" that is considered world class!

Another little tidbit about Alaskans: we consume more alcohol and ice cream per capita than residents of any other state. (I have stopped contributing to the statistic on the first item, and plan on keeping it that way )

Hello to Liz and Macks -- stay warm over there. Your cold is a different, wetter cold than we have. I think I'd prefer our dry cold.

Paddy, congrats on 2 days. And Hawk, congrats on 3 days. Keep on going! It just gets better with each day.

Hey Tracy -- the Caribbean? Sounds wonderful!

Lisa, enjoy your day off. I know what you mean about idle hands. It's fine to have some time off, but a little structure for it is good too.

And Gabby -- a big hug to you!!

See you all later. Have a great day.

Mike
                      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Mike, I read (or possibly saw on "An Inconvenient Truth") that a temperature increase of 1 degree at the Equator results in a 12 degree increase at the poles.

When it comes out on DVD later this month, everyone please try to see "An Inconvenient Truth."

Gotta go to class. Probably should wash my car too since we need rain.

Have a good morning everyone.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Checking In!

Hi All!

Congrats Hawk and Paddy! Keep up the good work! We're proud and happy to have you here.

Tracy, can I stow away in your luggage? I won't be a bother, promise!

Hawk, I love skiing too, although I've never been out West. I don't know if I'd know what to do with "real" powder snow. I've only dealt with packed powder! I'm a scaredy cat, anyway; at my age, I place a real premium on getting downhill upright!

Five weeks, Lizzie, boy, I'd lost track! Thanks for reminding us!:good: WAY TO GO GIRL!!!

At any rate, my goal today is to clean up my room. That is always the last thing to get done around here, but I came down to take my supps and took a break to sign on and say hi. So HI!!!:l

I worry about global warming, too, Mike. It's scary what you are reporting about the weather up there.

Hey Lisa, love, enjoy your weekend and your fire! My sister has a dresser in front of our fireplace at the moment!

Hugs to all!

Kathy:l
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Kathy, you didnt mention anything about Maddy, whats up....hows things?
                            And Hawk, not IN the Rockies....just near. Still lucky tho. So beautiful.
                            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday October 2nd

Hi all.........

I want to come live with all of you! We just have rain and mud down here!

We left to go to our grandson's playoff football game yesterday and before we got there , it was rained out! We'll try again today!

Ok...on a up note...the sun is shinning today and it's not too cold yet. I think we like Lisa will have frost tomorrow night.

Kathy......have you heard anything from Maddy's test? Still praying!

Lizzie!!!!!!!!! You're doing great! Five weeks!

Work to do here........Take care all.......

Nancy:l
                              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
                              X