Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you go AF before moderating?

Hi all,

I'm new here and would like to here your stories. My goal is moderation however, absolutely no Jack Daniel's ever. I have a real problem with Jack, drinking a pint a day and sometimes more and I see it is getting progressively worse. I'm not sure what switch flipped for me but yesterday I poured out the rest of the bottle and was AF all day. I have no desire to ever drink Jack again (I'm sure that will change). I can successfully go to dinner with friends, have a beer or two and be content. I have been taking the supplements and plan to start the hypno tapes over the weekend.

So my question is, in your experience did you start moderating right away or go AF for a period of time-if so how long?

Did you go AF before moderating?

Hi Sky,
    Welcome! I went AF for over 2 mos. before slowly re-introducing alcohol. I believe that learning AF behaviors is an important part to drinking in moderation. One realy needs to learn better ways to relax and relieve stress, and substitutes for all the reasons we drank. Identifying triggers, like you've done with Jack, is an important step. I used to drink to excess on Sunday afternoons, so now I avoid drinking completely on Sundays.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
    X