support please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

support please

Hi,I am new to this site but one has to start somewhere. I am 28 days sober and am doing it on my own,attending college and do not have any immediate family members around for support.I am having severe headaches and dryness still after 28 days. Could somebody tell me how long this will go on for.Thanks

support please

Hi Wings,

Yes -- welcome and well done on 28 days. That would have been very hard for me to do on my own.

As for the headaches and dryness. I'm sure you've thought of this, but are you drinking enough water?

I'm with Kate. You might want to just check with a doctor. There might be another explanation. Any acute withdrawal from alcohol should have passed by now.

(On a side note, but perhaps related. My therapist, who has been sober for 31 years now, told me that I can expect occasional strange symptoms to pop up for the next couple of years. He told me this is my body and mind's way of finding equilibrium after so many years of being poisoned.....)

Good luck, and I hope you'll hang around here with us!

Mike
    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

support please

dryness=water that is simple enough. headaches....try(and dont you laugh at me those who know me know that i understand these things) sound like stress. try this toothpaste under your nose on your temples and on the base of you neck.College students dont usually have much money that is the cheapest way i know to deal with stress. also amber resin,vannila,a candle that smells like grass(yes they make them) may help you. if you can go to a doctor go, but try this too. good luck and congrats on your abs days

Comment

support please

Well done on 28days... Just keep your mind on that acheivement, and yes - i would agree on the dryness thing, loads of water.... And mojo's theory of toothpaste - to open your nasal passages ... nice one .

hang in there, and if you are looking to abstinence, join us there... plently of room in Absville...

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Love Liz
        xxxx

Comment

Working...
        X