Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 3 and feeling really edgy....

Hi,
    started the program on wednesday, the supps, CDs and Topa.
    And the first two days have been okay. Feel a bit lost in the evenings, when it gets to drinking time and also very tired and eating lots, but basically okay.
    But today, day 3 started badly, stupid state of my bank account setting everything off. Then a pair of fave trousers, that fit fine even a few weeks ago, being so tight now, the popper button keeps popping open constantly. Argh, I have got such a disgusting fatty spare tyre over the last few months. I guess one and a half to two bottles of wine a night will do that....
    Then bit everybody's head off. :durn:
    Got myself some L-Glutamine on the way home from school run (and some pistachio nuts - so much for losing that blubber on my tummy).
    But I was wondering if I should already up the dosage of Topamax? I have read that people need to get to a certain amount when they reach their personal "switch off" switch. Is there any point in dosing up so slowly?
    Any advice would be really appreciated. Especially as it is friday and maybe that's why I feel more mopey....
    really don't want to drink, but I am waiting for that feeling of elation that Roberta and her friend Brenda talked about in the book.
    Thanks for reading! PinkMilk :sigh:

I don't have any advice for being the newbie, and I have not tried Topa yet ..

But I would be really curious to continue to hear how you are doing on it. I am considering it but am concerned aboutthe side affects ..

Keep us posted please? And hang in there!

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Pink
      You will want to do the topa slowly because its a strong medication and the side effects can be debilitating. have you had any side effects yet? Do you have the calms Forte? That should help with any anxiety etc. though it already sounds like you are experiencing fatigue.
      Hang in there sweety. I remember the beginning - i was feeling very irritiable and wanted to "hurry up" and feel better. There is no magic bullet, just time, I am afraid. Just post often, and remember it gets better. Take L-Glut if you have cravings- if you open the capsule and dump it right on your tongue you will find that works really well to give you an instant calm and soothe you and help with cravings - its like feeding your 'starving' mind - thats how i think of it.
      L-Glut is awesome.
      You started at 25mg of topa right? You could probably be ok to go up to 50 mg in a day or 2 - if you started on Wednesday, you should be ok to up it on Monday or Tuesday Depending on how you feel and ABSOLUTELEY depending on your doctor's advice.
      Good luck, keep posting - it does get easier
      Hugs
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi Jen,
        thanks for the advice. I've heard about doing the L-Glutamine like that, will do this right now.
        Haven't had any side effects on Topa yet, but can't ask my doctor for advice as she didn't prescribe it for me and I had to order it online. But I will wait a few more days before upping the dose.
        Funny thing is I had quite a headache yesterday, which I harly ever get - and that's on migraine meds!
        Anyway, thanks again for the help.
        I was rather hoping for a magic bullet though.....

Comment

Dear Pinkmilk:

Don't get upset with yourself for having a bad day!!! It is bound to happen. As long as you are going up and down on an upward trend, that is what is important. And you are doing that -- after all you had two great days. Congratulations.

When I'm crouchy, I tell my family that I am suffering withdrawal and hope that they will tolerate my upsetness durng my transition. I continue to say "after all, this is important to all of us!" They are pretty receptive.

As far as your weight. Tackle one problem at a time. Once you feel that you have your driking under control to your satisfaction, it will be a lot easier to go on a diet for your weight (I started the other way around -- I lost weight and couldn't keep it off with the alcohol -- but whatever works for you).

It will all come -- in time. Give yourself time -- you deserve it.

With greatest care and deepest devotion,
          MM
          Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Dear Pinkmilk,

Do you have the CD's? Talk about a nice way to relax. I typically used alcohol to relax. Don't even get me started on what Friday nights meant. Soooo, this has worked for me as my "witching hour" started when I walked in the door in the evening.

Eat a small high protein snack if you feel even a bit hungry and drink a huge glass of water.

Make dinner a meal that is an oven deal, (not a chinese, chop for a half deal.) slip it in the oven and go:

try a super warm relaxing herbal bath, luxuriate until the world seems far away, bring a huge glass of cold water with you.

Try the CD's any one of them will do it. When I first started with them I religiously did them nightly at least one. When I did the hypno tape (track 1 or 2) my hubby commented he had not seen me that relaxed in years.

Or, go exercise to the point of sweating and let those endorphins fill you with happy. any one of those things will also help keep you on track for a healthier body. I really don't know how much stock I put in that how many pounds someone loses as much as just getting healtheir on the lifestyle. The pounds or inches will come off maybe not immediately but eventually and then ony if you had some extra to lose. Everyone's body type is different. I find that monthly puffiness doesn't help and the hormonal changes make that the hardest time of the month to be OK with not drinking.

Hope some of this helps!

Hugs,
            Mary

Comment

Hi everyone,
              thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm about to go to bed. There's another question for you, girls: How come I am so much more tired than usual??? I seem to sleep at every opportunity and go to bed before 11.30pm. Usually never go to bed before 1am at the earliest! Is it the Calms Forte?
              Anyway, feeling much better again. Yes, I am listening to the CDs. I like them, but can't find any difference between Clearings 1 and 2? Also, find the subliminal one really quite annoying and waaaaay too long.
              So, all in all, day finishing better than it started. Must admit to sharing a bar of chocolate with my husband at the moment. My idea of a friday night treat. I know I'm supposed to stay away from sugar, but I thought I'd give myself a break.
              Off to bed! Have a nice evening everyone (or wherever in the day you are at now).:h
              PinkMilk

Comment

Pinkmilk:

There are many reasons why you may be tired. It may be the medicine that you are taking (I will leave it to those who are using the meds to advise you on that). But it also may be that you have been stressed this week about starting the program. Sometimes once we have activated something that we have anxiously anticipated, our body begins to relax. If you had been drinking more than usual in anticipation of the new program that can make you tired too!!

Wishing you great success on your endeavors. New programs are exciting, but scary. Keep in touch.

Caringly,
                MM
                Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Hey Pinkmilk,

Listen to the subliminal when you are doing other things. You shouldn't have to sit still to listen to it. No wonder you are bored!! Just put it on the player and let it go on in the background!
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X