Good Morning All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning All

Just thought I'd check in since I've been M.IA. this week. I was diagnosed on Monday with Bell's Palsy which is caused by a virus. It semi-paralyzed the left side of my face! Couldn't lift my eye lid to put on eye liner and mouth wasn't working too well when it came to lipstick. Thought I might be having a stroke:egad: so I called the doc. She sent me to the E.R. and they did a CAT scan - it checked out OK - hence the Bell's Palsy diagnosis. I'm on steroids and an anti-viral now. The ER doc says it should run its course in 5-7 days and it's much better today but I looked so weird and felt so icky I've been working from home all week. Woke up this morning and my tongue is now working again and i can blow my nose - Big improvement:H . The eye and mouth are getting slowly better. Probably drank a little more than I should - it was depressing and scary :exclaim: but I didn't do bad overall. I've been reading everyday and as always, your posts are an inspiration and a bright spot in the day. Everyone have a great day!!
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Good Morning All

Oh my .. how scary! Glad you are recovering ...

Hangin there .. we're still here!

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Good Morning All

Oh Trish
      Thank God you are ok
      Glad you are feeling better and glad to see you back
      Hugs
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Good Morning All

Golly, Trish:l

So sorry to hear you're ill. A friend of mine has just recovered from a bout of Bell's Palsy. She was sick for about four days although not in discomfort. She said that trying to speak without fine motor control on both sides of her face was one of the freakiest experiences of her life. Hope you're feeling well soon.

:heart: E

Comment

Good Morning All

Trish, you must have been terrified. I am glad that was the diagnosis. I have a friend who has had that before and like your doctor said was totally okay after a few days. Whew!!!

Managed to be AF last night. Was not too bad. We just got TIVO for the first time so I kept my hands busy trying to learn and program it. Slept well and am ready to face the challenge of my FIRST FRIDAY EVER without a drink. Then I have my Indigo Girls concert to go to this weekend so will allow myself a couple or three.

Waves, thanks for your support yesterday with the stone comment. It went through my mind all day long and kept me from even wanting a drink. Hope you are well.

Anyone else have any exciting plans for the weekend? Rachele, I hope you have a great time with your hubby tonight and dinner. To all of the rest of you, I doubt this will be my last post for the day, but I will try to keep it to a minimum!! HUGS!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Good Morning All

Oh, Lush!

I'm always so happy when I see that you have posted! Please don't keep your posts down to too much of a minimum today, ok?

:heart: E

Comment

Good Morning All

If you insist E!!! I was wondering where you have been this week and meant to ask about you in my last post. Glad to see you today!!! XO

Comment

Good Morning All

LOL Fan.

Comment

Good Morning All

OMG, Trish that sounds really scarey. Glad you're feeling better!

Fan, you crack me up! I don't think anyone else here has ever done that though...:wings: :no: ....

Lush, Indigo Girls ! :thumbs: , have fun!

Well, just when I was thinking I might need to start looking for some more work... the phone rang this morning. It was the lodge where I have worked off & on for years, painting. It's very convenient because it's only a mile down river from the house, and they appreciate good quality detail work (my specialty). So I guess all of that leasure time I was thinking I might have will be gone as soon I call back!

But I do know that too much time on my hands is a recipe for trouble for me... so better to keep myself busy, especially since it's looking like the rains are really here:boohoo: . I'll have to make sure & have a "sunshine clause" in my work schedule, just like the "powder clause" we always had in Colorado.

Gypsi, if you're around, still thinking of you Sweetie, miss your Chicken soup for the soul quotes..(I think that was you). Hope to hear from you soon...Peace & prayers...

Sm Mary, Wondering about you too. Let us know how you're doing when you can. Peace & prayers to you & your Family...

Mary Ann hope you're feeling better. Get back on that horse girlfriend...

MKR, have you tried doing the hypno while riding your exercise bike yet? You don't get quite as relaxed.. but ya don't fall asleep either!

Love & Hugs to Everybody, have a great day!
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Good Morning All

Good morning Eustacia! :l Sorry i missed ya!:eeks:
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Good Morning All

Dear Trish:

I am relatively new to the forum. But I wanted to add my caring concerns and hopes for your recovery.

Wishing you well,
                      MM
                      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
                      X