Sleeping at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleeping at night

I am in day one of significantly reducing my alcohol consumption (just 1 slow glass at bedtime). I fell asleep initially with some very strange dreams; only to awake a few hours later with extreme insomnia. I do not crave a drink; however, obviously have used alcohol as my sleep aid over the years.

Has anyone used a small dose of Diphenhydramine HCl (simply sleep, tylenol PM, etc) as a temporary solution for sleep aid during the insomniac stages of withdrawl?

Sleeping at night

Hi,

The insomnia is something that triggered my problems with alcohol as well. I have used Benadryl for this and it works okay. . . After doing this many times, I find this schedule works best. . . Take your initial dosage an hour before you plan to go to bed if you have eaten recently and two hours before if your stomach is empty. It can take awhile to kick in (this is in pill form, liquid is absorbed more quickly). If I wake up in the night around two and can't sleep, I will sometimes take another half dosage. Good luck! I find the insomnia to be one of the most challenging problems. I must say, that the sleep you will get alcohol free will be much more restful than when you simply pass out.

Comment

Sleeping at night

insomnia

here's my recipe for insomnia
      1 phenibut
      1 l-theanine
      1 gravol
      1 relax and sleep which has a mixture of herbs----valerian,chamomille,catnip

take the phenibut and l-theanine 1 hour before bed and the rest 1/2 hour before bed

you can also add a benadryl to the mix

if this seems like a lot dont forget it's all natural and you do not get any withdrawal problems

Comment

Sleeping at night

Hiya

My doc has perscribed 10mg of arropax (valium) at night, I dont need to take them in the day but these help to take to edge off before sleep. My insonmia was awsome, dreaming all night, sweats, bugs crawling all over me during the first "cold turkey night", I went to the doctor and have found that the meds dont wipe me out but relax me.

Only a suggestion and I am the first to admit I still have a LONG way to go.

Good lucK

Rach

Comment

Working...
        X