Saturday, Nov 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, Nov 4

Hi Everybody!!! I am starting the thread today! I've posted in other areas today as well. I thought that on non-generic more specific issues, I should post them separately as not everyone may be interested in them. Whereas, I look at the general daily thread almost as a Chat where we can go off in any direction. As you all know, I am new here, so if I am misinterpreting how it works, please let me know.

On that note, I just wanted to wish everyone. GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY SATURDAY. My other postings include feedback to posting on "I drink because???" A Discussion about how my relaxation is going on "The Power of Relaxation", and for those of you who cared enough to help me with my dilemma about Harvard (both on the site and through private messages), I wanted to tell you a little bit about the young man that you have all so graciously helped through your efforts to help me. It was so lovely that you all gave me advice and it was extremely helpful. So I am off to post that information under the thread started by Jenneh called "Interview Stuff for MM - from Harvard Website" (Thank you all again for the feedback -- its hard to express how I feel, but YOU ARE ALL SO FABULOUS COMES TO MIND). And probably before the end of the day, I wil be discussing my concerns about traveling again -- yes, we are off again.

SO, now I've shared on this thread what is going on with me -- how are all of you today?????

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Saturday, Nov 4

Mighty Mouse,
    You're a pro already! (in regards to using the boards:H ). You sound like you are doing well with sifting though the beginning emotions and making good plans. Good luck with your travels. Be safe!

Have you guys seen the abs board? Gina just hit 30 days AF. Discovery Kim is at 92 days and got her 90 day "chip" at AA!! Gabby is 5 months AF, Mikeupnorth is doing great, as well as Macks, Nancy, and many others, then of course there are people like Brigid, Kate, Kel, who have been a year or so alcohol free. Just interesting and inspiring when we are trying to cut back. I realize we over here are not perhaps aspiring to be AF, but want to adapt drinking in a controlled manner, not drink every day, etc. These people who have completely given it up just have some very insightful things to say. It helps me to read the abs board on days I'm really trying to step up my program and stay AF even for the day. Just a thought for this Saturday morning! I still love it over here and love the strides I've made. Still keeping on...

Soooo, I've got that wedding tonight. With my family of alchies whom I love dearly! My plan is to tell hubby I do NOT want to feel like I did yesterday and my tolerance is simply not what it used to be. He tends to encourage me to drink and have a "good time" because I don't have the tendency to get smashed anymore. Problem is, I pay for it. topa? I'll have to be heavy on the water and I think do the clock thing.
    Now I know what you are thinking. "bec, you have already used up all your drinks for this week". Yes, I have. But I'm not into torture either. Sorry. NOT that not drinking any other time is necessarily torture, but this is a fancy Italian wedding (not us, the woman my cousin is marrying) with schmancy food and drink... all my fun family there. I'm not gonna make myself miserable.

Is this a really crappy post? I think it is. One of those self talk things. OK, I'm off for a run. First one since San Fran cuz I've been sick! It will be short. Only 4-5 miles .

Input, please. Feel free to bash.

Love you all!!

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Becca:

I think you are great!!! At least you are honest with yourself. Being honest with yourself allows you to make plans. It looks like you exercise too! I do also! After I exercise, I don't feel like drinking. Are you that way? If so, I have a suggestion that worked for me recently at a wedding. I decided to have two during dinner. Then I would dance three fast dances before I would take another glass. I wound up only having four for the entire night (this was before I started this program and 4 glasses was nothing). So it helped me. Just thought I'd share. Thanks for all of your positive feedback, Becca. You know it was something that you said to me in one of the threads that helped me find the relaxation aspect that is working so well for me.

Thanks for your help and support. Good luck tonight. I will be thinking of you.
      MM

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

What am I doing today? well I woke up late after a long alcolhol free tylenol sleep to find the cut on my leg from falling down drunk on Thursday night had gotten infected, so I'm walking around in a very ungainly fashion feeling thoroughly sorry for myself. Still, I didn't have a single drink yesterday, despite wanting to, and managed to avoid the usual "popping to the shops for cigarettes and just picking up a bottle of wine while I'm there" routine for once. It really doesn't help that the off licences round here sell booze 24 hours!

Still, one day in, and the target for tonight is 2 glasses of wine max, but ideally none. I guess it depends what the girlfriend is doing, she doesn't really drink but is more of a pot smoker, and if she gets stoned I feel I deserve a drink to put me in the same headspace (excuses excuses)

Its nice not feeling hungover today, but I'm already craving a drink and its only 2:30pm. *sigh*

Becca - good luck, MM's tips sound good.

x

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Good morning all. I am up and wide awake at 6 am becuase of not drinking last night. Not my idea of a nice cozy Saturday morning. It is completely stormy outside and I would rather be sleeping but I will get a lot done today that is for sure. Becca, I completely agree with you about the abs board. I check in there all of the time and they have given me much to think about and apply to my own life. Last night was the first Friday night since becoming a problem drinker (aside from pregnancy) that I did not drink. And you know what? It was fine. I had a hankering around dinnertime but then it was gone. I went on chat last night and as you know that can get so fast paced I did not have time to think about a drink. I am excited about the fact that I am realizing I have total control over my drinking, the key is to not overdo on the nights I do drink because, like you Becca, I refuse to waste another day feeling like I did earlier this week. There is no excuse. It is called drinking water, stopping early in the night, etc. I have always had a drinking "problem" in that I chug tons of water during the day, diet sodas, tea, etc., generally just a lot of liquid so when I drink wine I must remember to alternate with water because I will chug that down without thinking as well. Anyhow, enough about me. I bowed out on a party/brunch I was supposed to go this morning because it turned out there was going to be a lot of drinking going on and I just cannot do morning drinking and expect my day to go well today. So pat on the back to me.

Rachele, how was your dinner last night? Did you have great food and high quality wine? I hope all of you other lovely muffins are doing well today, oh and you too Fanny man. Have a great Saturday everyone!!! Waves, sorry chat did not work for you last night. I hope it starts working for you soon. WOuld love to chat with you on there sometime. Hugs to all of you!!!!

P.S. Jenneh if you read this check your PMs. I have sent you a couple. I am getting a complex you are ignoring me!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Dear Tinkerbell:

Sorry to hear that you have hurt your legg. It sounds awful. Do you have something to put on it? Infections in a leg can be really tricky. Congratulations on an AF day!!!! What is "off licences"? Never heard the term. Good luck with your goals!!!
            MM

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Mighty Mouse II wrote: Dear Tinkerbell:

Sorry to hear that you have hurt your legg. It sounds awful. Do you have something to put on it? Infections in a leg can be really tricky. Congratulations on an AF day!!!! What is "off licences"? Never heard the term. Good luck with your goals!!!
              MM
              bah, wine and high heels and falling over don't mix well, thats something I learned the other day! Its just a very nasty graze on my knee and I've sprayed it with so much antispetic but its no good. Stupid me for drinking too much and walking home alone. i must learn to be more careful. Its gonna hurt for a while think!

an off licence is a liquor store. They are open 24 hours in my area of London. Too tempting.

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Good morning Lush. Congratulations on your AF accomplishment yesterday and your great choices this morning!!!! WOW!!! I admire all of you who can do AF. I probably will never be there, not for a lonnnnnnnng time. The trick is you have to want it, and I'm not there yet. But I sure do admire all of you that are in that mindset. For me, I'm still working on moderation and working out issues that prompt me to want to drink -- its working for me. But not to the point where I wouldn't want to drink at all. I did have an AF day while I was on a business trip but that was because the circumstances were right not because I made a conscious plan to do it.

CONGRATULATIONS,
                MM

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Lusch

Well done on the moving of two stones

If only the weight moved as quickly too. Two stones in two days would be wooooooonderful!!!!

I think it must be something on my computer causing the chat problem cos lots of others got in after I tried. I winder if I'm banned!!!!

Love to all as always

Waves x
                  Enough is enough

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Awww Waves, you would only be banned for being too nice. Find out what the problem is. You probably felt like sucj an outsider.

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Good Saturday Morning,

Lush, Thank you for asking about my dinner. It was very nice.

We were celebrating so we shared a bottle of champagne before we left. I was tormented over what I was going to wear but I guess I looked okay. We got to the restaurant and our table wasn't ready so we sat at the bar and had a drink. We sat down for a lovely dinner and shared a very nice bottle of Shiraz with steak and lobster and a Brie cheese appetizer. I work there so after dinner our server brought over a free glass of wine for us to share to make up for the fact that we had to wait for the table (the is my alcoholic friend...she just wanted to drink with us and our bottle was gone )

I know it sounds like an awful lot to drink, and it was, but for me it really was less than I would have had before coming here. I wasn't falling over and stumbling in my heels or taking them off which is what would have happened before. I felt like I had too much but not so much that I was going to regret anything I said or did. In any case it was still more than I intended to drink from the outset and I feel bad about it today.

This book is getting longer and longer............

It is Saturday, the day I have been worried about all week. I am really reconsidering my ability to be abstinent for the month. There I said it, now I have to go fill out the drink tracker for yesterday and I am not looking forward to it.:upset: Do they have "lots" on the drink tracker?

Yes, I'm an alcoholic and I keep beating myself up about the same stuff...over and over and over again.

Rachele
                      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Rachele, If it makes you feel any better what you drank would be a great night out for me. Your dinner sounded heavenly. Lobster???!!!! I too think I got a little lofty in my goals and may tweak my plan a little. Don't go beating yourself up. As I always like to say focus on the positive and what you have changed since coming here. When you look at the big picture you will feel better. It takes small steps to get to where we want. Last night was my 10th AF day since getting serious a couple of months ago and I consider that a victory. Have a good Saturday!!!

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Yes Lush, you always make me feel better.

Okay, new goal. As long as I'm not drinking myself silly every day of the week I'll be okay, right?

Af Sunday-Thursday Friday and Saturday no more than 4 drinks. Sounds easy enough......This I can do (I think)

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

All right. I will take on your goal as well. Still gives us a lot of AF days this month. I like how we modified on the weekend when no one is reading this.......

Comment

Saturday, Nov 4

Attached files [img]/converted_files/153046=165-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X