Best Birthday Gift Ever !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am turning 54 in early October and there is one gift I plan on giving myself that means the world to me. This gift is 'Willpower' !! My lack of it over the years has hurt me in that I carry 8 extra pounds and put away 3/4 of a bottle of wine a night. Religiously. Every night.

Beginning this Sunday, August 31st until my birthday I will not drink. I will watch my portions and on the day of my birthday I will have lost the extra weight and will have achieved abstinence and will commence moderation if I so desire.

I will have proven to myself that I have willpower. With willpower the sky is the limit. I can do anything. I will respect the woman who stares back at me in the mirror. I won't berate her any more. She will be a woman who lives life fully and does what is best for her health, happiness and well-being.

In the next few days until the official start I will start putting together a plan. I will search the toolbox. I will take my supps, listen to the hypno tapes and get that little bit of exercise we all need.

This forum will be my accountability blog. If anyone wants to join me, welcome. We can do it together.

ODAT... Camping on the weekend and then look out on Monday. My new life is starting.
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

So we're on the same page. Hope you don't mind me not starting until after this weekend. Going fishing and want to live it up for one more weekend. Feel pretty good about this. Are you planning on going A/F or moderating? I sway from one to the other but I know if I abstain, the weight will fall off because it's the only damn fattening thing I put in my mouth. I love healthy food but the calories in the wine kill me. Thanks for joining in. You've just doubled my chance of success, Zenstyle !!
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

So today's the day. Yikes. Gotta jump on that trampoline and abstain from you know what. I'll keep me posted.
      Tipplerette

? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tipp....Good going ! I need the same ambition.....Ha! IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X