cannot get it done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot get it done

:new: I suppose I should have realized that my drinking was a problem years ago. I have tried aa twice a nd seem to have some possiblities there. They are a bit cliquish and some are there because the court has ordered them.

My main problem seems to be stopping the cocktail hour problem. I drank regulary when I worked at that time and after retirement I got worse. my aa sponsor has yet to offer any real advise on this.
    I have tried compral and kudzo with little or no effect. Any suggestions for me> I rellay want to be sober. JIm

cannot get it done

Hi Jim,:welcome:

Have you read MWO the book? The cd's help me a lot also. And taking the supps all works together.

I think maybe if you could get out and find something to do from 5 or 6 until bedtime, it would help. I've seen retired people sacking groceries or greeting at Wal mart for a few hours. Anything that would keep you busy and performing a service for others would be great!
    Go to a book store and find something to read. Many churches have very active groups for retired people. Do you have a dog? If not, get one and take him for a walk !
    There HAS to be something to replace what you are doing away with...

Keep reading and posting here......
    Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

cannot get it done

Keep taking the campral, and supplements even if you are drinking.
      Meow-Meow
      MonaKitty

Comment

cannot get it done

Hi Jim - hope you are ok.
        I didn't know that you could get ordered by the court to go to AA . I thought the whole point of it was that is ' anonymous', and a life choice.

Well I think its a load of codswallop anyway. As Nancy says - you need to get yourself a hobby.

Keep posting, taking the supps, and thinking Pozzitff !! :h

Comment

Working...
        X