Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, November 5th

Hello my lovely mod friends,

Hope your Saturday was a good one. I was hit with one of the worst headaches ever so sadly was in bed asleep by 7 last night. Feel like the weekend was sort of lost on me. Was just thankful our power did not go out as we had a pretty big storm here yesterday. Gypsi and soccer mom, I hope you both are doing okay today. Church is in a couple of hours so I will light a candle for both of your husbands. Just saw a commercial for Christmas and I am in awe of how quickly the time flies as we get older. All the more reason I am grateful for finding this board to help me get the drinking under control. I am tired of missing chunks of my life for self-imposed reasons, you know? Here is hoping you all have a relaxing Sunday. I appreciate all of you.............
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Sunday, November 5th

Good morning my awesome friends,
    Love you lush and your words this morning---as I can so relate --am tired too of missing chunks of time, holidays, agonizing over hours with hangovers--its so tiresome--and I'm grateful too for this board. Last night I was AF for the first time in....Forever?? a good feeling.. husband was home and of course he wasn't drinking, and I suppose will not be drinking for quite a while so I didn't either--I was mentally exhausted and I had upped my topa to 200 which helped tremendously...trying to get my mind wrapped around some
    positive energy flow to help toward everything...
    his brother came over and promptly started talking about how exhausted HE was about his trip to California and the jet-lag he was suffering..those things are things I just don't deal with well--as I wanted to yell at him, "Do you even KNOW what the He$$ Exhausted is??" meanwhile---life continues...
    and if I am to look at it in perspective..
    it's a small bump in life--as things will improve---my husband will be just fine and back on his feet in no time, life will continue, stresses will continue, and I must continue to know that I am CERTAINLY not the only one who must endure the bumps in life---as we all have challenges that we muddle our way through and it's how we cope that builds us or breaks us.
    Ladies (and men) I must make it clear to you that I am not sure where I would be if I had not found this..
    Lush--you had posted a while ago a thread "how did you find this sight" ---I'm not exactly sure how...but I am certainly thankful that I did.
    To us, to our challenges, to our lives that we strive to achieve, to our successes that lie ahead.
    I love all of you.
    sm-mary

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Sm Mary,

Wow, so glad you are keeping strong. I think you have faced a bigger bump than you give yourself credit for! And I bet exhaustion was what kept you from responding to your insensitive brother-in-law! Well done on the AF evening.

Lusch, If we counted up all the "lost" hours I wonder how much time it would be? Daren't think about the last seven years.

It's bonfire night here in England, the fireworks are beginning to bang already. Last night too the sky was lit by flashing colours. Luckily our dog isn't worried by them.

Was trying to avoid mentioning drink but it's day 13 for me: unlucky for some. It feels really hard today because we have been working hard outside all day. I would love just one red wine punch...and there is red wine in the kitchen...but 13 days is almost half way to the 30.

Sorry, I am talking to myself...again...!

Love to all as always
      Waves x
      Enough is enough

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

good evening folks, good to read all your stories.

I'm on day three with no alcohol. I was supposed to go to my girlfriends for dinner tonight but I knew I'd be tempted to drink as she and her friend would be getting stoned, so half way there I called her and turned back and came home. I know its OK to have a drink or two (this is mods not abs after all...) but I binge drink and have a job interview tomorrow so I wanted to keep my head clear.

I'm worried she is going to think I'm avoiding her though, which isn't the case at all. I haven't told her I'm trying to control my drinking, its something I want to keep private. I keep a lot of things private I guess, which is why finding this place has given me a feeling of relief already.

love to everyone

x

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Clap, clap, clap Waves!!!! I am so proud of you as I am sure you are of yourself. You can do it. Bonfire night must be similar to our Fourth of July? Fortunately our dog is unphased by fireworks. You are almost halfway there. Keep moving those stones!!!!!!!!! And you know what? 13 is actually my lucky number. Married on the 13th, daughter born on the 31st, which is backwards of 13 (or is that pushing it???). Ugh, those lost hours. I think I would continue to drink heavily to drown out how many days I have wasted if I really calculated it!!!! Have a good bonfire night!! Big hugs!

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Thanks Lusch, Your post made me laugh. I've just finished a lemonade so fingers crossed. You are right I don't want to have lugged all those stones for nothing( literally- I have been working in the garden all day )

Tinkerbell, I too am a private person when something is really important. When My Dad was dying of cancerI told no-one outside of those in the family and I have only told the community on here about the 13 days. Not even my daughter knows. Hubby would know if he bothered to count but I don't think he has.
            Enough is enough

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

:welcome: Tinkerbell

Where is everyone today

I walked about three and a half miles with my friend today. We need to build endurance for the 13.1 mile. 1/2 marathon though. Speaking of time slipping away the flying pig is only about six months away and I can't imagine being able to walk that far!

Waves and Tinkerbell I am so proud of you both!

Have a great Sunday! Attached files [img]/converted_files/153171=219-attachment.gif[/img]
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Waves, congrats on 13 AF days! That's great! Been a long time since I've done that...

Tinker, 3 days is awsome too! Good luck with your job interview.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I had to make an emergency run down to the Vet's (40 mi south). Our cat had a blockage in his bladder, which can be fatal. He was fine, when I went to work the day before, but when I got home from work, that evening, he was howling in pain. It was horrible! I called the Vet in the morning & described what was going on ... they said to bring him down immediately! So, they're keeping him over the weekend... poor little guy. I got a call last night, that he got thru the anesthesia just fine & was resting. Weird how it came on so sudden... I guess they can't tell you if something doesn't feel right, but he wasn't acting sick or anything...

I haven't been feeling the greatest myself the past few days... maybe I'll have the Vet check me out tomorro... I've had a headache for 4 days now & haven't been eating much at all... just asperin, & ibuprofin.. yech!
                Think I'll go try & get some crackers down.
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Tinkerbell, job well done to you too!! I had to cancel out of an event yesterday morning because it was going to be a big drink fest and I just knew it would ruin my day. So glad I did not go because I feel like a functioning human being this morning. Let us know how the interview goes.

Jude, sorry you and your cat are not feeling well. Please do not blow your germs over my way.

Good job on the walking Rachele. 13.1 miles sounds like sooooo much.

Um, and Waves, you expect a man to really pay attention to that sort of thing??? Please. (Sorry male muffs). I was practically shoving my seltzer water into my husband's face Friday night trying to show I was not drinking. Totally went over his head, but that is fine I guess because it would have put me on the defensive if he would have said something. Oh to live with me is such a joy!!!!

I hope all of the rest of you that are IGNORING us today are out doing something fun......XO

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Oh Lush, on my way down to the Vet, a song by the Indigo Girls played on the radio. I thought of you! It was "Gallileo"...LOL! I love that song! I didn't think of you because of the name of the song ... or the reference to wine... just an Indigo fan! :H
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Yes, Waves, 13 days is quite awesome, and 3 is something I'd be pleased with at this point.
                      Jude--do hope kitty will be okay--and you too!
                      Husband is walking down the driveway with the kids..grreat progress.
                      Had to laugh at the joys of living with you molly-luschy---because I'm sure I'm a ball of laughs and joy myself!
                      Seems like I snap at everything...not the best for someone that just had their chest cavity ripped open, I'm sure...I'm working on it..I'm working on it!!! I promise...
                      Love you...I'm going to go sew some ripped pants and drink some lemonade...love you
                      sm-mary

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

SM Mary, you are doing great. Much love to you and your husband.
                        Waves, congrats! keep it up.
                        Miss Rachele, nice job on the walking! Trust me, just put in your mind that you CAN and WILL do the 13.1. You've got til May. Build up a little at a time. Do you have a training schedule? I can try to find one for ya, if you like. You really only have to do the "long" walks once per wk. Other days, do little speed intervals, shorter walks, maybe some hills to build strength. I'm so proud of you!!!
                        My shin is bugging me again. I only ran 5 miles, so I'm kind of freaking out because I had rested for a couple wks, and the instant I hit the trail again, it flared up. Going to go see orthopaedic doc this wk.
                        Did you guys see Lance Armstrong finishing the NY marathon and beating his goal by a few seconds? He's amazing!! He said it was the most difficult physical feat he has ever done. Unbelieveable. I read he only got up to 16 miles in his training, so doing the 26.2 was a bit much! But it's Lance, and they gave him world class pacers and support (of course), so he did it.
                        Wedding went OK last night. Red wine, red wine, red wine. And more red wine. It was everywhere! Italian wedding. 7 courses, 500 people, great band from Toronto (bride's father owns a construction company). It was beautiful. I had a wonderful time, danced, paced myself OK throughout the night and passed on the 2am party in my parent's room! Hubby and I just went to sleep. Mild headache this morning, but it's gone now. I did make a point to drink the water in between drinks last night.
                        So I went over my drink count last wk. I'll try again this wk. Kept drink count in the 20's for the wk, so that's good (better, not stellar). I'll try again for the 5, 4,3, 2,1,0,0 this wk.

Everyone gearing up for CHRISTMAS???? We went out for breakfast this morning and Christmas music was playing! Holy crap! It is november....

Have a great sunday evening, everyone!

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Hi all -

Just checking in. Everyone is making such great progress! I'm proud of you all. Gypsi and SMS - I am thinking of you!

Face is still very droopy on the left side. Some pretty good progress up to Wednesday last week then nothing and a huge puffy face from the steroids. :yuk: Maybe the beard and mustache will soon start to grow and I can go join the circus...I am mad, tired and frustrated...I know that this is way no big deal compared to what some of us are going through but it's getting very tedious and my patience - what little I have of it...is getting very thin. I think I will call the doc tomorrow and see if anything else can be done tho I think it just has to run its course:boohoo:.

It's beautiful here today - 65 degrees and sunny and will be nice all week. We've had a roast in the Crockpot all day - French dip sandwiches and French fries for din-din.. Maybe that will cheer me up.

Have a nice evening all..
                          Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                          Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                          Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                          : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                          "

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Trish--how long for this to run it's course?? DO call the doctor and make sure all is progressing as it should to ease your mind...and yes, food does help!
                            Becca--my hero! Only 5 miles?? that's fantastic! And to think how great you did at that wedding with all that freaking red wine around!! Good for you with the pacing!
                            I've got to take my son to a cub scout meeting tonight where he will earn his pocket knife by whittling a bar of ivory soap---anybody heard of such nonsense?? I'm not staying long--my daughter will be home with hubby alone-and I don't want to leave them for too long.
                            Love to you.
                            Sm-mary

Comment

Sunday, November 5th

Oh---and Rach!! What the heck are you training for??? I missed it somewhere!! 13.1 1/2 marathon somewhere?? Where??

Comment

Working...
                              X