Help from above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help from above

I just wanted to tell my littel story here.

I became a Christian last month and felt so good that day I just "knew" I would never get drunk again, I was so positive and felt I had someone looking after and protecting me.

Well this weekend I got totally drunk, to the point where much of the night is a total blur.

I felt so disappointed and let down by God, but I also felt so much guilt for letting him down.

But, another day and the hangover fog has cleared and I now know two things:

1) Yes, God is there to help me but I also have to help myself. I know that alcohol makes me into an evil person who hurts the ones I love. I know I need to be strong. God is a big help, but I need to help myself also.

2) God forgives, I am on a learning curve, I have asked for forgiveness and committed to working hard every day to become a better Christian and to never get drunk again.

I love all the posts on here. I really believe that having a higher being (even if you dont call it God) is so helpful in these hard times that we go through.

Guilt is such a negative emotion, forgive yourself first and know that God will forgive you also. Keep working on it every day, and dont give up.

Love to you all

xx

Help from above

FayeC:welcome: Again!

It's nice to see you here too.

May God bring peace to your heart.

I am a Christian who struggles with alcoholism which is just one of the many sins that I have to ask forgiveness for over and over again. God is forgiving and if not for his grace and love for me I would have no hope and be lost in this place.

I feel very fortunate that somehow I have found this faith.....it is strong and brings me great comfort when I am beating myself up over this struggle.

Thank you for sharing your faith and hope here today:l
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Working...
    X