Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday November 6

:new:

Being brave and starting the thread as I'm up unusually early for me! (Its 9:20am here)

I have a job interview today, for a position I do really want and know I would be good at, but I'm worried about how, if I get it, I'm going to cope with the MWO programme at the same time. Perhaps I should try it without the topa, especially seeing as i doubt my Dr will let me have it anyway...

I'm not used to being up this early, having been unemployed for the past 4 months. Early mornings hurt, even though I haven't had a drink for 3 days.

So far I've read the book (thanks RJ) and it made crave alcohol so much :upset: I was sitting on my couch fidgetting like a mad thing. but I got through it and went to bed without one. Did anyone else find the book, especially the diary section, made them crave a drink?

Anyway, I doubt I'll be drinking today, or at least nothing more than a glass of wine, as I have an even earlier start tomorrow!

warm morning thoughts to you all

xxx

Monday November 6

Good Luck!

Tinkerbell-
    Let's take this one step at a time! It sounds like your enthusiasm for the job will come through for you in the interview. Worry about the drinking/topa/MWO after you get the position. :good:
    I'm a night owl, and especially when I'm not working, mornings are rough! Then, I'll have to work "normal hours" for a week or so, and I find that it's not too bad if I spend some time getting extra sleep and trying to take care of myself a bit more. You've already done a HUGE part of taking care of yourself by going without alcohol for 3 days! :thumbs: I understand the fidgets, though...I do believe that, as long as we're not going through active withdrawals, our outward appearances are not suspicious for DT's. We're feeling it on the inside Sooo much more than others can perceive it from the outside.
    Please let us know how it goes-
    Tumadre
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
    Plato

Comment

Monday November 6

Mornin' everyone..just dropping in to say hi..I've been gone all weekend with my husband..we did a marriage encouner weekend..it was really good..a big focus on dialoging..communicating feelings..especially good for him...he doesn't think he has any feelings..silly man! All and all a good weekend, and we managed to duck out before getting caught up in the recruitment aspect of it..we've been there done that with other 'organizations' and just didn't want to have to explain to anyone why we loved it but weren't interested in taking on the mission of passing it on to others.

3 weeks alcohol free! I'm gaining some weight though, so need to kind of get a grip on it. I've not wanted a drink at all...except I did take a swig of wine during holy communion...didn't even think about it until I tasted it and my taste buds went 'woo hoo'..it was some mighty strong wine! I just kind of laughed at myself..the next time we did it, I dipped my bread! :0)

I'll be back later, everyone have a lovely day!
      Dianne

Comment

Monday November 6

Glad gor you sm mary

Glad your hubby is doing better mary, been in Boston all weekend so couldn't post, not doing too well, but just wanted to give you my best!

love and hugs,

Ma:l :h

Comment

Monday November 6

...except I did take a swig of wine during holy communion...didn't even think about it until I tasted it and my taste buds went 'woo hoo'..it was some mighty strong wine! I just kind of laughed at myself..the next time we did it, I dipped my bread! :0)

Okay Dilayne, I'm just gonna keep cracking up over that all day!

You mean they don't have the individual cups so you don't have to catch the germs and then go one step further for the alchies and put alcohol free wine in the middle of the individual cups?

I steer waaaaay clear of the grape juice in the middle.

I think Jesus wants me to drink real wine as a symbol of his blood not grape juice:egad:

Af last night.

Congrats to all who have met their goals!

To all who have modified theirs......hey, that's why we are here in mods right? We are good at modifying and moderating everything? Attached files [img]/converted_files/153253=117-attachment.jpg[/img]
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday November 6

Allie,
            I'll call you as soon as I can. My phone is in hubby's car and he's gone today...I'm sorry. I'll PM you my home #. I'm thinking about you tons. Just do whatever feels right with the program and the boards. As long as you continue to moderate and are managing as best you can at home...Allie, you are incredibly strong and smart. Take a step back and breathe. Just for a sec. Let us know what you need, OK?

Comment

Monday November 6

HI Imagine..LOL..no it's the real thing..I'm Episcopalian so there is usually a common cup and real wine..you can dip or sip..I usually just dip..don't know why, just a habit..they wipe the rim of the cup every time though, so I don't worry too much. And Amen to the grape juice...uh, huh, not me! :0) I didn't freak about the wine, it's not that I'm afraid to have any..it just gave me a little kick..wasn 't quite expecting it..tee, hee...

Comment

Monday November 6

Ugh, I refuse to let my husband drink out of the wine cup at church. All of that backwash and people's lipsticks and germs makes me want to hurl. I, too, was cracking up at you Di. Could you imagine if you would have just spewed it out of your mouth and said, "oops, I cannot have that."

Rachele, you asked about how to tell your friend you know us. I have told my friends I got addicted to a health and nutrition website and have met these real nice people that I chat with. That is not a lie. We are about health and nutrition, right?

I hate to say it but my concert was a complete disappointment. I had seen the Indigo Girls this summer and it was one of the best concerts ever, but last night they played all of my least favorite songs, although they did play Galileo Judie and I laughed and thought of you. They had an opening act of a punk rocker who spoke all of the words to her song and her big hit is called Motherfucker. So she screamed and yelled different variatons of that word as loud as she could while she jumped around the stage. And there were kids there. Thank God I did not bring my daughter, I almost did. I was crawling out of my skin. It was held at a nice venue though where they served wine. I was good and only had one glass of red wine (at 9.00 a glass that was all I was going to fork out. Can you imagine?? I can buy two bottles of wine for that price). Had a nice thai dinner beforehand with a couple glasses of wine so I did pretty well. Feel good this mornign.

Jen, I got your PMs. Glad to finally hear from you. You have been missed around here. And Fan, where are your usual witty comments? You are being much too quiet too, Mister Muffin Man. C'mon.

Good luck in the interview Tinkerbell. SM, how was the soap whittling? Waves, did you survive bonfire night. I know I am missing people but I am getting late start to work today. Hugs!!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday November 6

Wow, what a lot of posts. Allie, I'm sorry you are feeling so down- you have been having it very hard so it's not surprising. Your hubby sounds supportive. There are times in our lives when we feel an emotional mess and it's hard to feel like you are getting anywhere. I hope you start to pick up soon.:l

Tinkerbell, I hope the interview went okay. Dilayne, That communion wine does taste strong when we are abstaining! Lusch, yup I survived bonfire night intact. After tonight am at half way point: It feels like FOREVER though. How can a mere two weeks stretch out for so long?

Imagine, thanks for the pm the other day. Trish, I hope your face starts to behave itself soon. It must be tiring you. SM Mary I can feel you bouncing back. Becca, It sounds like you may have shin splints. Have you tried a softer surface? Mary Anne, today is a new day. Fan, are you aching from all the sport? Mkr Mary, hope all is well with you and yours.

Everyone, love to you all as always
                  Waves x
                  Enough is enough

Comment

Monday November 6

Good Morning you wonderful mods!

Tinkbell, this is especially for you and your job interview:

You know, you've been blessed with a great number of gifts. Your insights, good taste, and savoir-faire. Friends who adore you, elements that support you, and spiritual laws that serve you. Yet, in my book at least, what really takes the cake, is that you get to be you.

I pulled a few strings.

***** The Universe

Mike - glad you had tons of time with your boys and sports. It is so important to them to get that big energy big motor skills stuff in play . . . at least compared to girls! How's the running coming?
                    Dilayne - Too funny. I do notice when I have a glass of wine at home these days that it doesn't take much at all to feel a kick from it. For me that is pretty amazing as I use to drink hard alcohol.
                    SM, Mary - glad hubby is doing well and yes there are all kinds of weird little awards and projects in cub scouts!
                    Gypsi - please hang in, we are all praying for you.
                    Rachele - Hang in there, I think you are doing so well!
                    Mary Anne - Why are you not feeling well?
                    Lushy - Sorry about the concert. Good for you for moderating so well though!
                    Allie - I am so sorry you are feeling like that. It is a tough journey you are on right now. I love that your husband is so concerned and cares so much. That is wonderful. My hubby would rather have bamboo shoots placed under every fingernail than go shopping!
                    Jen - Hey where are you girl?
                    MM - prayers of success for your son! Anyway it turns out he is a winner for getting the interview even!

Someone mentioned that their husband wouldn't not notice the amount they drank or DID NOT DRINK - well how many months has it been now for me where it is an occasional drink? Last Wednesday, after my Master Mind dinner that I hosted, I sat down late with a glass of wine and my husband said, "You know it has been a long time since I have seen you just sit and have a drink." I was like, "YEP." that is all I said. For a few months in there he was giving me shit once I told him about the program and would have a glass of wine in an evening. I don't know how many times I had said to him I am moderating which means I can have an occasional drink when I want it. Regretting that I had even told him about the program. It went like that until a few weeks ago when he said, "should you have that glass of wine?" My reply at that point was yes, but since you are concerned, let me mention my concern over your daily consumption. (Now this was a place that I swore to myself that I would never go with him - but somehow through the months, his ability to only see if and when I had a drink in my hand was really starting to PI** me off!) So I said, "I challenge you to 30 days of abstinence." I knew if he took me up on it, I could do it. He did not and would not take me up on it and has not mentioned anything contrary to me since. This from the guy that bought 5 huge bottles of rum when I first told him I was choosing moderation on my drinking. Go figure!!

Have been AF the past few days, rode the bike and also tried to rest a bit yesterday. I awoke this morning a bit anxious which just surprises me to no end. . . realized then it is because my in laws are coming out on Wednesday for 6 months. They bought a place right over the fence from us this past spring when they were out. I love them but some ground rules have to be in play and they have a tendency to walk right over those rules. (Towards the end of last visit, I found myself staying at work to avoid having to deal with them for company. I would go home for lunch to find my F-I-L at our house sculpting and then I would need to make him lunch - started to really upset me that I could not go home grab a 20 minute lunch and a break from the office.) the guy to say something is of course my husband whose reaction to this is to go off his meds so he can start a fight with them or be nasty to me. I mentioned that yesterday and he said well good point, I will think about it. Sounds quite petty considering everything that everyone else is going through. . . .but there you have it, I get anxious over the constant interruptions in our lives.

Have a great week all, with voting tomorrow and big schedule the next couple days I may not get the chance to get over here.

Love you guys,
                    Mary

:welcome: Faye!

Comment

Monday November 6

MKR I look at your tracker with envy as you soooo have control now. I hope the in-laws respect your privacy more this time around.

Lusch, I have chat again. Somwhow my flashmedia had been disabled- I haven't a clue how or when but anyway can access chat again now that no-one is in there!!!!!!
                      Enough is enough

Comment

Monday November 6

Yeah Waves!!! People usually are in there around 5-6 my time, which would be 8-9 on the east coast and Canada. What does that mean for England? This time zone thing has me sooo confused.

Mary, my MIL lives 200 feet behind us but thankfully we have rules in place and we never deviate thankfully. There is no such thing as dropping in. We and she must always call to see if it is okay to come over. My mom and friends were so worried when I got married that I would hate living this close to her, but for us it has been a blessing but mainly because she does not intrude. I hope your six months (wow, that is a long time) goes well and your husband will make sure the boundaries are enforced. I love how you challenged your husband about abstaining for 30 days and he would not take you up on it. Good for you for turning the tables on him. Like Waves said, I am always in awe of your drink tracker. You really get the whole moderating thing, and then some. And it was me commenting on my husband's lack of noticing what I drink or do not drink because he does not think I have a problem. It is a good thing most of the time because the alternative would make me defensive and want to drink more. He has never had a hangover in his life so he does not get the physical torture I have gone through oh too many times and how it affects my mood with him the next day. If he connected the dots he would have me in rehab pronto!!!! Anyhow, you sound like you have your hands full. Take care of yourself. :l

Comment

Monday November 6

What time is it now where you are Lusch?

It is 6:50 in the evening here. PS the board time was 4:50 pm
                          Enough is enough

Comment

Monday November 6

Mary,

I just have to say how sweet and insightful you are.:h
                            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday November 6

It is 10:50 in the morning on the west coast and 1:50 on the east coast and Canada. Hmmmm, so it looks like you need to set your alarm and get up to chat!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X