Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed, Nov. 8

Good Morning Beautifuls!
    Thanks Rachele for helping figure out how to finally get an avatar on...now I feel...Normal..and it's not one eyeball so I won't scare Lusch.
    Now...must make it clear....that is NOT a picture of me--with my hair so beautifully swaying in the wind and me having it so together, with my 2 children both smiling and happy---not me at all right now..but that's okay--I specifically picked that picture---because that's what I aspire to be--the universe says I can be that!
    I am doing better on the drinking...lots of food being brought by lots of people..so I find myself eating a lot which I guess is better than stumbling around the house drunk, but also not what I want to be doing in the sense of moderating in all realms of my life. I walked yesterday and that just helps me so much.
    Trish--hope you are feeling better today--good job on moderating.
    Allie--love you and thinking of you.
    Gypsi--always in my thoughts.
    I am trying to be patient, loving, and calm this morning like this woman in this picture as I serenely get my kids ready for school......and me to my job...so must go but I love you all!!! You know that!
    sm-mary

Wed, Nov. 8

Hi Soccermom, I like that you have used a positive and aspirational photo, it shows that you are in the right mindset to be doing this. one of positivity rather than negativity. congratulations.

I had a fantastic night out last night, I stuck to my 4 drinks (OK, 4 pints of strong beer but thats a quiet night out for me and actually struggles to finish my last drink....!) Usually, at these Tuesday nights out I drink a helluva lot more. I even had the misfortune to run into and ex and her new best friend who i really dislike and managed to get through the evening without getting drunk.

I do wish I hadn't smoked so many cigarettes though

and i think the kudzu is giving me stomachache

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Tinkerbell, how is your leg doing? Great job keeping the drink count down yesterday!
      SM Mary, keep hanging in there. Food doesn't give you hangovers. Just lots of energy and calories to burn with the walking . Glad to hear your community is being so giving.
      I FINALLY have my phone back! Everyone can call me now:H .
      Still haven't decided if I'm going to that wine tasting tonight. Have to get the house ready for the jewelry party.
      Trish, a girl I worked with a few years back had Bell's. She was scared at first, annoyed afterwards (like you!), then it did finally resolve. I empathize with the frustration you are going through and hope it's not much longer!
      Gonna go check in our drink trackers now. I'm glad I decided to do that.
      2 hour school delay here... grrr! I told work I'd be early today. So much for that! They must think I'm such a flake. oh well. whatchagonnado??

Everyone have a spectacular wednesday!

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Thanks for the encouragement Becca - your friend is right - it is a dam*ed nuisance! The only thing is - I can get ready for work really quick in the morning - I can't wear eye makeup so I get out the door fast. Bad news is - I look like the wrath of God without make-up!:eeks:

Achieved my one little goal last night of 4 drinks or less with ice water/iced tea in between and actually accomplished it. Good feeling!!

Anybody hear from Gypsi lately? I think about her everyday and hope she's doing OK.

Love to all and have a great day!
        Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
        Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
        Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
        : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
        "

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

My leg is getting a bit better, thanks. I discovered the best plasters are these things with silver in them. I think I'll be healed soon. I just hope its done by the 17th as I'm wearing a very small outfit as a club hostess that night, a favour for a friend, and a big scab ain't so sexy.

Well done Trish! and to everyone else who is sticking to the plan, and to those who aren't - you can do it, don't lose faith.

xxx

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Hi everybody. Once again, I'm confused and posting in the wrong areas. There seems to be more than one "daily" thread today. Someday I may learn how to use computers and understand forums. Today is not that day. In addition to the daily forums, I did post a thread about some of the nutrition stuff on this site, specifically amino acids, and some diets I have been using in that area. But I'm hoping that if any of you are on a diet or exercise program that is working for you that you will share. I love finding good healthy diets and recipes. Its great that there are some of them out there that help to decrease the desire to drink! I have some but am like a sponge wanting to soak up as many options as possible.

Tinkerbell, I was glad to hear that your leg is getting better. I was really concerned because infections in an open wound can be really tricky.

Trishinnebraska, how is your face? I was away on travel and missed what the doctors said was the diagnoses. Yesterday, it sounded like you are getting different prognoses? How is all that coming along?

Fan, I can understand how busy you are -- I too am shuffling more and more today as the election tallies are coming in.

Soccermom - love the picture!!!

Becca, I don't know what a drinking talley is??? I'm guessing it is something in the book?

Hope you all have a great day!!!
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Good morning all
              I hope everyone is well! Good to see everyone is following their goals! Good job Mike on AF since Sat!
              Lusch - how are you hon??
              Well, its a crazy busy day at work today. Ugh. Oh well I will get through...Love and hugs to all
              Love Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Jen, you're here???!!!!! Please don't drop off the face of the earth. We need you around here. Have you read Once Upon A Time yet? No comments on my confession???

MM, Becca is referring to the drink tracker that is under tools on the main board where you can log in and say how many drinks you had on a certain day and then see what you have done for the month.

Okay, SM-Mary, I burst out laughing not only about the eyeball comment but the fact that you have a complete stranger and her family as your avatar. I thought it was you and when I realized it was not I almost lost it. I am sure that women would be proud to know she is on a drinking website.....LOL!!!!!

Becca, do you make your own jewelry or are you selling for a particular company? I wish I lived near you as I am in need of jewelry.

Gypsi, I hope you are holding up okay. We are here for you if you need to rant.

I will admit I have not stuck to my AF goals because it was making me too cranky; however, I have only had 2-3 the last few nights and I feel great. I have realized I just cannot make extended goals and just need to do it one day at a time and make sure I do not overdo. I have been out of my supps for a long time and my new ones should be here at the end of the week so perhaps AF days will be in my future.

Fan, Good job on your AF days. Can't you please bring back your little boy avatar? I loved that picture. Hmmm, I am seem to be kind of bossy with people's avatars, don't I? Sorry.

Rachele, hope you are reaching your goals. Sounded like you were doing well yesterday. Sorry to not stick to our plan.

Jude, I hope you are okay and feeling better, and Trish I have to admit you sound like you have a pretty good attitude about your situation. Don't know if I would be so chipper.

Tinker, great job on stopping at four!!! Does anyone ever talk to Patti? She has not been around here forever. And Laura, I hope you will come back. I always get a chuckle out of your posts.

Okay I know I am forgetting someone (Waves, Eustacia, MKR) but I like Fan's group hug idea on the days we do not have time. So a big group Hug to all.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Hi all - :heart:

Sorry I've not been around lately. I have been lurking and reading this thread every day, but it just seemed like too much to post anything. My doc put me on an anti-depressant, which made me so head stupid I backed it off to only half a pill a day just so I can function.

Things are going here. It's amazing how dealing with cancer, and all that goes with it, just simply doesn't leave any time for drinking. I drank on Friday, but was AF until last night. Good thing, but very difficult, as I think about drinking all day, every day. However, when you have to get the spouse up at 6am every morning to take pills, check glucose levels, and get ready for radiation treatments, you simply cannot be hungover and non-functional. Friday nite while I was passed out in bed from drinking, he had a bout with nausea alone. Talk about feeling soooo guilty.

To all of you that sent me pm's, thank you so much. It's been one of the things that have helped to keep me sane. Right now, I'm feeling ok, a bit more 'normal' (whatever that is) so I'll probabaly be posting a bit more. However, if I don't, it's not because I've abandoned you guys. How can I? You are all so wonderful; almost like family.

Have a great day, all!
                  :teeter:

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Gypsi, thanks for the update. I cannot imagine what you are going through but you are thought of every day.......stay strong!!!

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Thaks, lush, I'm trying -
                      :teeter:

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Gypsi, it's nice to see you. Thank you for sticking around and being so honest. I can't imagine your strength right now. Hello to everyone else. I haven't been around as much as I'd like to. Work, the kids, and my husband have ALL been very demanding lately. I have handled the stress with a little more pinot than I would like but, on the bright side....didn't get really drunk, no hangovers....just trying to do better with every passing week.....I can't tell how my whole attitude and overall outlook on life has changed since starting this program and visiting this thread everyday. I was constantly beating myself up for not being picture perfect. I don't think that ideal exists anymore. I really have found some strength, respect in myself and my capabilities, and joy in the connection with people with whom I have so much in common. So thanks to everyone.;..I'll check in again later...
                        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Wow SM Mary, that's exactly how I envisioned you, amazing!

Tinkerbell, congrats on sticking to your goal.

Becca, I walked five miles today, I started talking to my friend about you. I told her I've been posting messages on a website for runners/walkers and you have answered my questions. I feel guilty for lying to her. Who knows, I may come clean before the race.....time will tell? I'm scared to call you:blush: I really don't know why? I'll get the courage up....

Trish, congrats to you too!

Mike, Af since Saturday.....I'm proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mighty Mouse, you are doing just great with your postings, I enjoy reading them.

Jennehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's so nice to see you!!!!!!!!!

Lush, I'm sorry too. I have not done exactly what I said I would either. I am proud of you though and I'm still proud of my progress too. We are getting better and that's all that matters:l I'm gonna post our hug again soon......I love you!

Gypsi, thanks for keeping us updated. Something so devastating really does put things into perspective doesn't it? You are in my thoughts daily,I will keep praying for you.
                          We are here for you Gypsi great big muffin hug!

Nice to see you Precious, I did notice your absence.......we were about ready to send out the search party:H

If you read the posts from the weekend, I've modified my abstinence plan for the month. I'm still making progress but I think I should at least come up with a new goal.

3 AF days per week
                          No more than 2 drinks on the weekdays
                          No more than 4 drinks on a Friday or Saturday
                          No hangovers
                          Water, Water, Water.............
                          Exercise, Exercise, Exercisce........

It's a plan........

Love and hugs to all Attached files [img]/converted_files/153545=137-attachment.gif[/img]
                          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

First of all Fan, thanks for adhering to my wishes. I love that little boy. I need a new avatar too. Cherries do not suit me.....I will keep looking.

But now I am confused. SM is that really a picture of you or not? If it is it is a great picture, but I was laughing so hard this morning thinking you had picked a complete stranger for your avatar.

Rachele, glad to hear you are human too. We are making progress and that is what matters to me right now. 5 miles???!!!! Man, Becca really kicked you into gear, no? Great job!!!! I want that hug picture you have printed on a t-shirt. So cute.

Pinot, I was starting to wonder about you as well. I think there needs to be a you-cannot-stay-away-for-more-than-two-days-rule-without-telling-us rule. I am glad all is well with you.

I have a supplement question. Is anyone else here taking the Gaba? I just ordered some. Does it really relax you and if so does it make you tired so I should avoid taking during the day? Thanks for any advice muffs!

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Lusch, between you and sm mary you have brightened up my day.. Parent's evening. Went ok but late home and tired. Really needed this site and the laughs. Once upon a time has brightened up again cos of you. :thanks: I think it's good to take one day at a time and see how it goes then post any success with mods. That's what Im doing. It's too easy to set myself up for failure if I state what I intend doing.

Gypsi, we are all thinking of you every day. Thanks for letting us know how you are.

Everyone else. Hope you are well.

Love to all as always
                              Waves x
                              Enough is enough

Comment

Working...
                              X