Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iam NO more Alcohilic

Hello Everyone

I just hit the switch on Aug 21 or 22 of 2010 or so !

AF since then ,My baclofen journey was real jerky ,had to switch many brands. since Iam from India there were many baclofen choices . Finally I got my switch with a brand called ?BACLODOL ?as I had problems with local shipment with BacMax and other brands.

I extend my sincere gratitude to ?tiptronic_ct? & ?corkit ? who personally helped and guided me through various phases of my jerky baclofen journey .Also thanking all members of this blog especially the ?consolidated baclofen success thread ? members and moderator/creator.

While I was on 280 mg of baclofen (BacMax) I start to have trouble with the shipment as the agent refused to deliver the package due to some legal issues ,so I had to switch to ?baclodol? rather less spoken or unknown brand of baclofen , I was a bit skeptical about this brand at 1st . I was drinking too.

I suggest other lurkers not to switch brands of baclofen at very high doses if you are still drinking ,my experience says that its very dangerous.(switching certain brands can bring withdrawal , and if you are still drinking things are lethal )

So since I got bedridden I had to stop drinking and also my family confined me strictly at home , I continued my baclofen journey slowly up to 300 mg and then 400 mg all these because I was skeptical about the brand and I wasn?t drinking and I donno if I had switched or not .I was on 400 mg for a week and then titrated down slowly ,meanwhile I had to be in Bombay for a new job and I started to drink again but this time only 3 beer?s a day and that only in the nights (in India some beer have nearly 40% alcohol v/v ) , now I started to get confident so I titrated up to 280 within 3 days and see ????I just got switched ! I never drank since 22 aug 2010 .

Its rainy in Bombay so each time I come to my hotel after work my taxi halts in front of a bar(next to my hotel),so I have to go into the bar until the rain subsides .I couldn?t believe what was happening ??..i was the only guy in the bar eating food without ordering a single drink.

Thoughts to the Lurkers:

So my sincere advise for Lurkers is that try to avoid alcohol while you are in high doses of baclofen if you can?t at least reduce the units . don?t wait for the switch to happen if you are drinking ,just induce baclofen blindly to the maximum dose as possible (for me I just blindly went up to 400mg).baclofen works well when you don?t drink or drink less units(maintain a drinking unit diary).

Please notice that I never got switched at 280 while I was titrating UP but other way around !

Baclofen is absolutely safe if your work don?t involves driving or any other dangerous activities like working in a complex and dangerous factory environment etc. Otherwise its pretty cool. please don?t mind other problems like lack of sexual appetite, sleep disorder, scary dreams, tingling, limb numbness, enlarged puples, Disorientation ,Mood disorders, acute sleepiness, hair graying, loss of hair and things like that ??..all these side effects are just temporary and things will be normal eventually when you titrate down .

Whatsoever baclofen are not candies but proper pharmaceutical drugs which have to be treated that way. and getting to a switch is not just a walk in the park.

so I suggest other lurkers not to switch brands of baclofen at very high doses if you are still drinking ,my experience says that its very dangerous.(switching certain brands could bring withdrawal , and if you are still drinking things are lethal )

Please keep a check on mood disorder issues ,understand that it?s because of baclofen and its only temporary ,let someone dear and near know what you are doing and keep close contact to MWO forum members ,all of them are helpful and all the threads are useful .

I extend all possible help to lurkers, you can also mail on my personal ID (apparentajiesh@rediffmail.com)

Best & Good luck

manlooking4nothing

Iam NO more Alcohilic

Congratulations on your success, and thank you for sharing your story! I know it will give others hope.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Iam NO more Alcohilic

Bump.

I just re-found this. Arrrgghhh . . . I wish there were some way to collate all these stories and information!!!!
      "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Working...
      X