Nervous Mom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous Mom!

I am starting this thread at 12:03 a.m my time because my daughter called us and the battery is stalling on her car??? This was her first date tonight....our schools are out tomorrow. Just wanted her to have a break. Maybe the car is trying to save her??? LOL??? Making my husband come rescue her??

Anyway..... Goodnight or goodmorning! You never know how these these things are going to wind up... argg!!!

Allie pooh. (Where did that come from? Give me my teddy bear!).

Tawny, I need a boatload of capers.
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Nervous Mom!

Allie, its now 8:15 a.m (EST), and I just saw your message. As a parent with a son the same age, I can certainly understand your tenseness! But it sounds like your daughter has a solid head on her shoulders -- the fact that she called you is a great sign. You apparently have done a wonderful job in teaching your daughter how to deal with these situations, which will probably see her through her endeavors as she grows independent. That is a true blessing, and you should be patting yourself on the back for your success. Please let us know if she got home ok.

Today, I am struggling. I went back to my Perricone diet, though I have never before given up sodas while on it. I usually have three before I even get out of bed in the morning! My husband thinks I have set my goal too high and should allow myself one or two today. I may do that. I'll see how it goes. I'm feeling physically depressed from the lack of caffeine, so I'm redecorating my office today to get my mind off of it. It is not a good thing when you wake up anxious for the day to be over!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Good Morning!

Okay, I see a pattern here.

A pattern of setting goals and then we get down on ourselves as we see that we have not met them.

I know that with AA they say "one day at a time" maybe with good reason. I'm not for or against AA. I've never tried it and I don't even really know too much about it other than I didn't want ANYTHING to do with it, because that would mean, a whole lot of things for me, that I was NOT about to do!

Who's with me to set our goals here on our moderation board one day at a time?

I'll start toady

My goal for today.....

I'm working so I will drink

I will NOT have more than four measured drinks
      I will exercise
      I will drink plenty of water
      I Will get plenty of rest
      I Will try to be kind to myself

I hope everyone is doing well.

Please be kind to yourselves today!

Happy Friday Muffins!

Love Ya,
      Rachele
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Allie--as I felt my drinking increase over the years--before I found MWO, I worried what I would do when my children reached that critical age of dating, staying out late, and ME--being home drinking, noncoherent, not there for them---So--first of all, I applaud You for being there, at 12:03, alert and cognizant for your daughter--please let us know how it turned out..my children will get there and as they fly from this nest of mine, I'm sure all I will want to do is tuck them into my pocket, sigh....sniff, sniff..but that's not how we allow them to grow. Hope you got some sleep!
        MM--maybe do as your husband suggested---taper down on the caffiene--allow yourself 2 for a few days, than 1...so your body can adjust??? but what the heck do I know??
        Rach--great suggestion---too high of goal setting can definately lead to failure---
        My goals:
        1. water
        2. exercise today (walk 4 miles)
        3. moderate drinking tonight (was AF last night by default--school event that had me there late--seems like that's the only way those happen...good thing: BEFORE MWO I would come home even late and pour a few glasses of wine, stay up even later, wake up with a hangover..ugh!)..so baby steps!!
        4. no pretend families as my avatar.
        HAVE AN AWESOME DAY MY AWESOME FRIENDS!
        sm-mary

Comment

Nervous Mom!

I should make this my avatar, because you people have me in stitches all the time! (Sm Mary #4Goal) Attached files [img]/converted_files/153859=117-attachment.jpg[/img]
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Well, Tawny never sent me my boatload of capers.... LOL!

The battery was dead on her car, and we knew it was weak to start with. Our fault I guess... Anyway, whatever happened to guys knowing how to use jumper cables these days? I think that should be dating criteria. I mean, over looks or anything should be... "Do you know how to use jumper cables??" And secondly, "Do you HAVE jumper cables?":H

Okay... sorry. Only three glasses of wine the whole night, so that was really good. Just tired today because waiting up for her and all... arggh.

But its a gorgeous day and the kids are out today, so we are going to the beach since it will be in the upper seventies! No treadmill today.... just the shoreline!

Have a great weekend everyone!
            Allie
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Allie add that to your list on the guys forum!!! LOL! So did she not have her date at ALL???
              Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Hello everyone and Big Group Hug to all!! I was AF last night which is amazing seeing as my hubby is out of

town on a guys weekend to watch a football game. Feel great today! Allie, I'm really not looking forward to

the dating years with my kids...especially my daughter. I know that sounds sexiest but it's the absolute

truth. Tonight I'm going out to dinner at a a nice, trendy restaurant with my sister and a few friends so my
                goals are:

1. Don't drink while getting ready.
                2. No more than 4 drinks
                3. Sip them
                4. Water in between
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Nervous Mom!

SM Mary, I do not think that nice sweet family you subjected to our board would like to be called pretend. I am sure they are a loving family with deep feelings!!!

MM, I cannot believe how much coke you drink. You should definitely consider moderating that as well instead of giving it up altogether. That is a lot of caffeine your body is used to having.

Rachele, I like the ideas of daily goals. MUCH more doable as you and I proved to ourselves this month.

Precious, your goals made me realize how alike we all are. The fact that you have to say you won't drink anything while getting ready is something that people who do not drink that much would never even consider. But I am right there with you. ALWAYS have to have a couple before I go anywhere. That is a good goal to have though.

Becca, how did the party go? Did you sell a lot of jewelry?

Group hug to all of the rest. My goals for today:

1. Be nice to my family despite horribly depressing weather outside and PMS.
                  2. Lots of water.
                  3. Moderate and not be hungover tomorrow.
                  4. Remember to be grateful for all I have.

You are all the best!!!!
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Daughters are wonderful but also worryful.:l
                    Enough is enough

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Morning Moms and muffins!

Glad everything was OK Alllie. Good for you on the drinking.

It is actually not the worst thing in the world, this dating thing . . . but then I have two boys, well young men now. I don't know if I would have searched the world over or . . . maybe the internet to find a chastity belt if I had a daughter! remember those medieval contraptions? In fact, I often felt better if my sons were off with their girlfriends instead of their guy friends as the girls were less "trouble oriented and adventuresome" than the group of testosterone laden young men. My youngest son constantly has girls call him to invite him out not so much the other way around. Kind of a change in traditions since I was dating . . . in the dark ages.

Rachele, great post. So thoughtful. Yeah I think day at time works into week at time and before you now it . . months at a time!

SM, Mary, I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!! Hang in there dear. Hows the nursing coming along?

Precious, that is just wonderful that you are doing this with him out of town. Takes a total commitment to just you and your health to do that!

MM, I was a rum and diet coke drinker so I had 2-3 cokes in an evening. I have given up the diet cokes altogether as it would remind me I had no alcohol in it. I also think one way to stop is to put an old spoon or some metal object in a glass of coke and watch how badly the acid eats it over a few days. It is eating our stomach lining also. I eased my way into giving it up. I think if you give up caffeine too quickly you can not only be depressed but also get that horrible caffeine headache. Wish you luck on that!

Lush, hope you feel better, even when you don't feel on top of the world your sense of humor sure shines through.

OK, goals for today:

Drink plenty of water
                      Have one drink this evening when I go out with my girlfriends for dinner
                      No bike today as my knee is still popping and clicking and giving me fits
                      Be calm with the deadlines today.

Hugs and Love to all,
                      Mary

FIGS - Judie they are the BEST!!

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Eustacia - WOW - your drink tracker looks great!!! xo, Mary

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Funny, I was just coming on to ask about you Eustacia. Are you feeling better? I hope you are. Mary, I am sorry your knee is giving you such trouble especially when you sound like you are trying so hard to exercise. I hope you have a great weekend.
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Hi everybody, just dropping by before a major Board meeting. Imagine, sorry if I gave you the impression that I set goals and then am down on myself if I don't meet them. I'm glad you pointed out that it comes across that way! I never realized it until you prompted me to reflect on what I have said. That was great, Imagine, you have given me a real growth spirt here in communication because for me to come across that I am upset when I don't make my goals, is sort of incomplete. Yes, I'm disappointed, but I would be more disappointed in myself if I never set the goal. I set daily goals that are challenging, but within my reach, and yes, sometimes like today they are a real stretch. When it is a new program, like today with the sodas, I recognize that I may not be able to reach it , but since I don't know what I can realistically do, I don't know what benchmark to set. So, I look at this first day like a dry run to set future benchmarks.. What I do is see when I fail, why, and re-evaluate. Then, I try to set realistic on-going goals, re-evaluating always. I'm no expert, but this is always the way behavioral modification programs that I have been associated with in my work have gone. I have done really well today, even though I didn't meet my goal. I have had one coke (a-cola that is). But for me, it was still a growth spirt. What I recognize is that I need to stop drinking them as soon as I wake up. I can have three to a half of dozen before I even get out of bed. But I recognize it is a starting process. I'm going to have to see if I can really do a modification program starting out never having a coke when I wake up (this would be a biggie). But, it wasn't too painful today, so I'm going to give it a try - get that one later if I really need it. It may become too much and I will modify. But I'm going for it. I hope you will all wish me luck. Caffeine is as much of a drug as wine, as worse for you. So this is an important step for me. Thanks for the support.

Yes, I know that I am hard on myself. I have to be as others around me are not. I want to be as it makes the accomplishments feel so much better.

Fortnuately, today was an out to lunch day, so I got to have two glasses of wine with lunch. So, one soda and to glasses of wine. I'm doing fine for a Friday. I don't usually drink sodas in the afternoon, so now I am on to the next goal of exercising at cocktail time to put off drinking wine -- what a life - doing activities between drinking pleasure (alcohol and sodas). There must be a song in here somewhere (just kidding).

Personally, I support daily goals. I do them for my work, I do them for my home, I do them for my personal life, now I'm doing them for my eating and drinking habits. Always have. I'm one of those annal compulsive people who love to check-off lists of accomplishments. Never get through the list, but it is fun to see how far I get. This is just me. It doesn't work for everyone. Just sharing my thoughts and REALLY APRRECIATE THE SUPPORT. Your continued positive feedback has been instrumental in helping me reach my goals.

MM
                            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Amen sister!!

My goal this weekend:
                              -accept my feelings as they come up
                              -practice inner body awareness, especially when the feelings are uncomfortable
                              -eat more veggies and drink more water
                              -take a walk
                              -enjoy the women that I'm reuniting with (and don't let them try to get me back in the 'club' :0)
                              -celebrate being alcohol free and enjoy feeling as well as I have been

Comment

Working...
                              X