Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday November 10th

Morning Abbers,

Just a really quick opener....I gotta go Manchester to pick up my brother again.....But this time hes bringing his new girlfriend and her children....I'm really excited but as you can imagine its gonna be a madhouse with 4 adults and 7 children....

Will pop in later hopefully

Have a safe AF weekend all....Macks:l
    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Friday November 10th

Wow, Macks, you're having quite a houseful this weekend! I hope you have a great time.

I'm still going through my culling and sorting process at home, making progress in the various piles of papers to get my home office in order. It feels good, but it is tedious and slow. I am resolving to keep things in better order in the future. Once upon a time, I was a relatively organized person, but too much stress and too much drinking made me very lax. It's another hole to climb out of, and I don't want to have to climb out of it again. Another part of changing the "ME" I've known for the past 15 years.......

My sister and I got into our first tiff last night, mostly because she is judgmental. I got upset at some stuff she said about an old friend of mine (whom I'm not that thrilled with either, truth be told). I have to remember that that is just who she is....my sister, I mean.:sigh: Anyway, we decided to agree to disagree and left it at that.

Anyhoo--back to my piles of papers.....

Hugs to all!

Kathy:l
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday November 10th

Good morning little brother and "sisters"!

We are working on organizing papers here also.
      Wish I had a sis to "tif" with!

It's been a busy week. The weather is 80 degrees today! Whats with that?

I'm going out for a walk and then back to work! Have a good AF weekend all!

Where is everybody?
      Nancy:l
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday November 10th

Hi all. Hope everyone has a good day. Starting over.....:sigh:

My sister coming to visit Sunday so at least there is that!
        Hawk

Comment

Friday November 10th

hi abbers another pretty miserable day in scotland don,t think it has stopped raining but that has to be expected it always rains currently decorating my mum hallway just now it,s looking nice so that should keep me ouy of mischief for a while ,decorated my bathroom last weekend so decorating seems to be the flavour of the month see ya all soon and have a lovely weekend XXmaryt

Comment

Friday November 10th

Morning Absville,

Well, after 16 hours of flying, I'm back home in Alaska. I wasn't ready to leave Hawaii, but am glad to be home. I am already planning my next trip back.

Here's an interesting little observation: drunk people are obnoxious. The flight I took from Honolulu to Seattle was the "Red Eye" (all night flight, leaving at 10:00 PM). I had boarded the plane and was sitting there thumbing through a magazine while other passengers boarded. A very "happy" couple seated themselves behind me.... laughing and snorting at everything, had trouble stowing their carry-ons, and REEKED of alcohol. Their friends were seated two rows up -- same story. The woman tried putting her carry-on into the overhead bin and started laughing when she nearly fell over. What amazed me most was the smell. I couldn't believe how pungent the odor of alcohol was. And I thought: that used to be me. How many times did I smell like that? Act like that? Look like that? Hundreds. Thousands. UGH. And then I thought: Why would I ever want to do that again? Luckily everyone fell asleep, including me, and the next thing I knew we were landing.

Hope you are all doing OK out there. Sounds like everyone is dealing with family this week. Best to you, Dianne, Kathy and Macks! And Hawk, keep your chin up and keep on going. Most of us had to start here more than once.... just do your best not to make the same mistake twice! And hello Mary, happy decorating!!

Mike

P.S. Nancy it's -2 here, we can split the difference if that makes you feel any better....
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday November 10th

Hello everyone..just stopping by to say hi and that I'm thinking of you. I'm glad it's the end of the week..although I handled yesterday well, I did get home from work and just went to bed with a book..I was drained, and woke up a little emotional...it's a parent thing I guess..I don't think one ever is free of it, do you? That's OK, it just reminds me that in order to love, you have to be able to feel all the pain that comes along with it..I wouldn't give it up!

Nancy, agreeing to disagree seems to be a good way to go with siblings! It's been great that you've gotten to spend so much time with her and get so much done...one tiff in all that time sounds pretty darn good!

Hey eveyrone else, Have a great day!
              d

Comment

Friday November 10th

HELLO ALL-

I guess it is indeed family week. I have a family gathering soon too in a town about 2 hours away tomorrow. We are celebrating my grandmother's (my mother's mother) 100th birthday.
                So I will be around my two aunts, and uncle my mom and step dad and my great uncle (brother to the birthday girl) and my great aunt!

I'm driving down early in the morning and coming home the same day.
                Glad you made it home safely Mike. I was on the plane with a drunk woman on one of my new orleans trips. She smelled pretty strong. She fell right asleep after calling everyone she knew on her cell phone. I was happy when she went to sleep!
                I'm sure non of us ever smelled of alcohol though...or were ever obnoxious.
                Hey maryt....I think I'd like to have a rainy day in Scotland. Never been there. Of course...it would just be a visit and I wouldn't have to deal with the rain Every day!

I'd love to duck out of work early today. I think I might. Found out today I will have company next Tuesday - overnight visitor. Might need to clean up a bit and change the sheets on the spare bedroom bed.

Ok..hope you are all having a good Friday..

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                X