Friday November 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday November 10th

I posted this under Allie's "Nervous Mom" Thread.

It is more appropriate for todays thread......especially since there isn't one started for today!

Good Morning!

Okay, I see a pattern here.

A pattern of setting goals and then we get down on ourselves as we see that we have not met them.

I know that with AA they say "one day at a time" maybe with good reason. I'm not for or against AA. I've never tried it and I don't even really know too much about it other than I didn't want ANYTHING to do with it, because that would mean, a whole lot of things for me, that I was NOT about to do!

Who's with me to set our goals here on our moderation board one day at a time?

I'll start toady

My goal for today.....

I'm working so I will drink

I will NOT have more than four measured drinks
    I will exercise
    I will drink plenty of water
    I Will get plenty of rest
    I Will try to be kind to myself

I hope everyone is doing well.

Please be kind to yourselves today!

Happy Friday Muffins!

Love Ya,
    Rachele
    :h :h :h :h

Friday November 10th

I posted under there as well. Here is my repeat:

SM Mary, I do not think that nice sweet family you subjected to our board would like to be called pretend. I am sure they are a loving family with deep feelings!!!

MM, I cannot believe how much coke you drink. You should definitely consider moderating that as well instead of giving it up altogether. That is a lot of caffeine your body is used to having.

Rachele, I like the ideas of daily goals. MUCH more doable as you and I proved to ourselves this month.

Precious, your goals made me realize how alike we all are. The fact that you have to say you won't drink anything while getting ready is something that people who do not drink that much would never even consider. But I am right there with you. ALWAYS have to have a couple before I go anywhere. That is a good goal to have though.

Becca, how did the party go? Did you sell a lot of jewelry?

Group hug to all of the rest. My goals for today:

1. Be nice to my family despite horribly depressing weather outside and PMS.
    2. Lots of water.
    3. Moderate and not be hungover tomorrow.
    4. Remember to be grateful for all I have.

You are all the best!!!!

Comment

Friday November 10th

Hi all

Very quick post cos have to fly. I don't like to set goals anymore cos I feel like Im setting myself up for a fall. It's in my mind but I tend not to state anymore. This is possibly cos i've stopped making headway with my weight reduction. It's at a standstill despite all my best efforts.
      Love to all as always:l
      Enough is enough

Comment

Friday November 10th

Hi All,

My goals for today:

Allowing 1 drink with dinner
        Exercise (on my way to do that now
        Stock up the cupboards with healthy foods
        Study, Study, Study for my exam on Monday - dont make up silly distractions not to do it.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Faye.

Comment

Friday November 10th

Waves, maybe you can change 'goal' to 'vision'...at least you can hold a vision for what you want..(thought before form)..that way you don't have to have a deadline or a setup, but still have the power of your vision..kind of like that saying, “Zeal without humanity is like a ship without a rudder, liable to be stranded at any moment”. Owen Felltham, the other quote is, "a man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder"...but I would say, a woman without a vision is like a ship without a rudder... sorry..I guess I just gave unsolicited advice..sorry if it came off that way..just made me think of this.

Comment

Friday November 10th

Hi all,
            I wanted to pop in for a minute. We started our kitchen remodel this week and my drink tracker is showing the strain and stress it is putting on me. I am all for setting my goals for a day. I think I am like a lot of people who set them Sunday night or Monday morning and I do try to have a picture in my mind of what I want for the week, but life just seems to get in the way an awful lot. I am trying to be better with change and not have it send me in to a tailspin, but this week I am going into don't overdue it mode.

Talk more later, it's almost time to start cleaning the Granite dust from everythink in my house.

Hugs,
            Laura
            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Friday November 10th

My goal for today.....to make it through
              Starting Nov 19th I will only have 2 drinks per night
              Starting November 27 I will join weight watchers to lose the enormous amount of weight I've put on with 3 kids...Ok just 30 lbs
              I will exercise
              I will drink water
              I will figure out where my son will be best served in the kindgergarten arena. (he has Autism)
              I will get my baby into a developmental group to prepare him for preschool.
              I will get my children involved in outside activities to engage their minds
              I will keep buying books on tape/audio cd because that is my release.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Friday November 10th

Laura dear, it will be worth it but nothing like having your kitchen torn up and disorganized while you are trying to live in it with a family to take care of!! hugs, Mary

Comment

Friday November 10th

I can identify not powerless...I too have 3 children...gained 30 lbs and lost it through WW.

I also have a nephew who is autistic, he's 13 now
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Friday November 10th

Hi everybody. Powerless, I think your ideals are great, but I have to be honest and tell you if I had to achieve all of those goals at one time, I truly would be powerless. That is a lot to do at one time. I am always trying to learn the process of doing things because that is what works for me. Do you have a process that you have planned to put this into motion? I would love to hear it? It sounds great, but I just can't imagine in my mind doing all that at one time!!!

I have been in weight watchers. It really works. I have been thin all my life. I am 5'2"" and between 105-115 depending on stress and my time of the month. But when my business crashed, I went to 180 lbs in six months (5 liters of wine a day and excessive eating will do that to you). I actually started addressing my alcohol issues in the point system of weight watcher. But be "watchful" of Weight Watchers. It is a great program, but it is not necessarily healthful. You count points of foods only. If you want to eat junk food high in points and starve the rest of the day, you can do that on weight watchers. But then, you are destined to failure. Weight watchers is best matched to other healthy eating programs. I actually wrote some articles for the local chapter on how to create foods that mock "fast foods". For example, my "egg Mcmuffin" is 3 points, compared to McDonald's 7 points. So, if you get into WW for real and you'd like some jump-start recipes, private message me and I'll send you my brochure. It did work for me (I'm back down to 105-115 depending on stress and time of month). But, be wary. I found myself cutting nutruition to get that extra wine from time to time.

Maybe you are super heroe. I admittedly am very weak. But, I would suggest a milder demand on yourself. Weight Watchers is a great program. Don't try to tackle all issues at once. Go to weight watchers. Fit your 4 points (every glass of wine) into your point system -- you will see what I mean. I think that is a worth first goal. Don't set yourself up in your mind with so many goals that you can't possibly achieve any of them.

I'm not an expert. I'm just a person who cares about everybody here and sharing what has worked for me. Just trying to be helpful.

Fan, as usual, you have me laughing out loud!!! You are so funny. You had a pretty rough week yourself. How are you doing? How are the AF's? What are the weekend plans?

Wishing everyone well.

MM
                    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Friday November 10th

Whew, now my day is complete now that you are back Fan. Please inform when you will be gone all day long. Now if we can get Jenneh Rah Rah back on board all will be good........
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Friday November 10th

Oh, Fan, you cannot keep me in suspense!!! What was it about me that would get you censored???? Do tell!!

MM

Comment

Friday November 10th

Fan, I have to tell you, I think this is great. I have been so without energy all day because of a caffeine withdrawel. No matter what you were trying to send, something innocuous I'm sure, as you are such a gentleman; but I have to tell you, it has just been a fun bout of thought. Thank you for brightening my day! I mean that with all honor and repect.

MM

PS. I would never have thought anything you would send would be tawdry or lewd! You are a most honorable man in my mind. (When is your Avatar going to be Batman or Superman? - Afterall, you are always concerned about others -- it takes a lot to boil you over the top?! )

Deepest Respect and great appreciation (especially for supplying me with some fun and repectful humor tonight -- I really needed it!)

MM

Comment

Friday November 10th

I like it

I think your idea of setting reasonable goals is great. SO much more realistic than just saying Im going to quit today! If I can be AF today , grea1! but if not I think moderation is agreat step
                            Thanks for the post
                            Newstart :thanks:

Comment

Friday November 10th

Fan:

I hope you met your goal for the day!

Lynn

Comment

Working...
                              X