Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, November 11, 2006

G'day Abbers,

Just drop in to say hello. All fine here in this part of the world - appart from military blocks on every corner due to the APEC summit next week.

Anyways, wishing you a great weekend - hold on to those good principles.

Best,
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Morning' Paddy.

All's good here too. Hope the APEC goes well and the traffic keeps flowing for you.

We've started for home but won't be there until Monday morning. I did not drink yesterday (yeah!) and still havn't found the topa or the cosmetic bag where it resided. I brought all the supps though, even the All One, which isn't real travel friendly.

Today, I must study. I am incredibly behind on school work - almost past the point of no return, I fear. However, there are more important things in life than one's GPA.

I'm thinking of switching to the moderation boards until I get more substantial sobriety under my belt. That is actually what I've been doing - moderating (with various degrees of success) - even though abstinence is my ideal. Is there any protocol or preference regarding that?

Have a great day all!

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Day one again , big hangover wasted morning . come and chat with me tonight .bye now

Comment

Good Morning Paddy Tracy and Phil and all who follow

Thanks for startng today Paddy

Ive just come down from the roof been up there clearing Moss off for some one elderly who cant get up there. The Moss gets into the guttering on the roofs below and blockes it up
        Things dont look bad up there bit windy wouldnt of done it if not AF used the tools their ladder it would of been easy to fall down with out the checks every so often but got the job done and a messy bag of moss to show for it

Phil Bounce 78 days AF thats really good I read what happened I hope you get some rest and can decide after about Mods and Abs It was a lapse and you came back today good to see you back
        Tracy a cruise havent been on one
        I wont say did you have a sea view (sorry about that) hope the studying goes well

Have a good Saturday all on the boards

Su

Comment

Good morning Farmeress, Tracy, Bounce and Paddy!
          Bounce...78 days is incredible, but not only that, but that you came on board on day 79 to tell us what happened. I know you said that not drinking was miserable for you. There must have been some good to come back here today. I noticed your post count was pretty low. Maybe posting will help you sort your feelings and connect to others who understand better. I saw your drink tally and always wondered who bounce was and how he was doing SO well!!
          Tracy, the abs board is for anyone attempting abs, whether they have time or not. If you think you'd prefer to moderate for a while then the mods site is great in supporting that decision. If your goal is abs, and you are just struggling temporarily, you are still welcome here! Good luck on trudging thru your school work. Must be hard after returning from vacation!! One assignment at a time!!
          Farmeress....so nice of you to help your elderly friend with the moss!! How are you doing with your program?
          Soccer Saturday for me. We're almost done with the season for 2 out of three of the boys. Yeah!! Working at the hospital tomorrow. Love being back at that job!! Appreciate it so much more after my month's absence. The best group of coworkers ever!!
          Have a fab Saturday everyone....Vietnam to Oz to Alaska to Scotland....this place is incredible!!!:h

Comment

Hi. I need advice. I'm coming clean without any of the usual pleasantries. I have mentioned on these boards before that I have a son who is in Japan and has given up drinking, but he has no support whatsoever, and he is skeptical about this program. But! He has a wonderful Korean girlfriend, whom he met in Japan. They were going to go to New York for Christmas, then fly to Dallas to see the family, then back to New YOrk to see friends. It turned out she needed a visa to leave Japan, and they didn't give it to her because she had an American boyfriend. Now, my son is depressed. He had planned to see my doctor for a Rx for topa, and he was going to try the program. I have contacted my U.S. senator and congressman. Does anyone have any ideas about how to get this precious girl out of Japan for vacation in the U.S.?

Comment

Hi - I've been away a couple days and am catching up with the posts. I am still with the program and doing OK - AF is oddly easier at this point that sticking to my diet. Guess one step at a time for now will have to do. I am taking the weekend off from the diet and returning to it on Monday - hopefully re-energized. We have had the grandchildren here for the last few days, so there was just too much junk food in the house. Time to clean it out.

Comment

Good morning Absville,

Just popping in to say hello for a minute. If my posts here seem short, it's not that I'm not around. Sometimes I am posting over in the Long Term Abs forum -- I don't always have the energy to post in two places!

Paddy, thanks for getting us started once again!

Tracy I agree that you are welcome here on this board if you are attempting abs, whether you have time under your belt or not. Just keep trying.

And Phil -- I can feel your pain. I know what hangovers are like, especially after long periods of abstinence. But *do* try and remember what you were doing right for all that time (after all, you had 78 days!) and pick up where you left off. And you can learn from the mistakes you make.... I have made plenty and I haven't always learned, but I hope that has changed this time around. You will feel much better very soon and you know you've got lots of support here.

Farmeress -- you are such a kind soul; that comes through in all your posts. I'm so glad you're here with us!

Gina -- how are things in California? Hope you have a good Soccer Saturday!

Sophia -- don't have any suggestions about the girlfriend, but am happy to hear your son is willing to give MWO a try. That is progress!

And hi Kris -- good to see you here. Of the two (alcohol or junk food) I would consider junk food to be the lesser of two evils.

And a big hello to the rest of my fellow Abbers out there. Hope you're all well and enjoying a Sober Saturday.

Mike
                "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Hi guys,
                  Just a quick post for me. Hangin in there. Still pretty down with the motherin pains. No drinkin tho. Any and all hugs welcome. :upset:
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

:l Hi Chaps,

Just me to checkin in ......We got a housefull.....Loving it though...Speak soon Macks:l
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Aloha All:

I'm new here, but thrilled to say I just got through my first week of ABS. You are all such an inspiration to me! Since I'm here in Hawaii, I get on pretty late, but what a blessing to read how you all are doing.

It's one day at a time, and sometimes even one minute at a time. How did I get to this place! Lot's of family drinking over the years, and it just caught up to me. The longest I've gone in abs is 35 days, and then something triggers me, and off I go once again, to the land of nodddddd!

I heard about a good book today called "The Dream Giver" by Bruce Wilkenson. The passage I heard brought me chills. Basically, we need to get out of our comfort zones and start trying new things and really living. Drinking our lives a way is not what we were put on this planet to do. Surely we all have a higher calling then that?

Do you have a Big Dream?

Aloha Pume hana,
                      Mauigirl

Comment

:welcome: and congratulations on taking that first big step. I am so jealous of where you live! I spent a week in Maui back in June and just loved it (but also blew my drinking goals! ). I can imagine how challenging it must be to abstain in such a relaxed vacation atmosphere.
                        I will have to check that book out. I am finally at a place where dreams seem actually possible! Wasn't the case at all a little over a month ago. Life was so overwhelming, I was barely hanging in there. The freedom I have gained is precious and I will do whatever it takes to keep hold of it.
                        Better get ready for work. Off to baby-land!
                        So glad you are here Mauigirl! Love, Gina:l

Comment

Working...
                        X