Wt loss Exercise Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wt loss Exercise Thread

In my life before alcohol, I was quite the exercise nut, so i am going to focus on what i love once again to help me stay AF.

I have a goal of losing 34 lbs of which i have lost 5 and I have a goal of building my biking miles to 30... If you wanna join in and post your goals and progress, please do. Focusing on something other than alcohol will be a help to me.......sooooo, HERE I GO..

Saturday Oct 9, I did a 13 mile bike tour.. almost croaked..lol but made it
    Monday Oct 11, I biked 3 miles
    Tuesday Oct 12 , I biked 6 miles and walked 1 mile
    Wednesday Oct 13, I biked 3 miles and worked out with weights for 20 mins.

Wt. loss 5 lbs....29 to go ! ! ! ! ! :rays:
    YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hi there Bratty,

I would like to join here and post as I too have a goal to reclaim my former fitness and keep away from al. I am an exercise physiologist and had my own business for over 23 years until al ruined it (or I should say, I allowed al to ruin it). My goal is to lose weight around 15kilos.

Wednesday Oct. 13, I biked 10kms, walked 5kms, worked out with weights for 40mins

I will check in later today Aus. time and record...have a great day. Saff
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

HI Sapphire ! !:welcome:

Great to have you join me. I found it inspiring in the past to keep a log and be accountable for my actions. Although, i know i will slip up on eatin what i shouldnt and skippin exercise once in a while..this will help me to do better.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

HI Bratty,

I am also a Personal Trainer and my job is to get behind my clients and help them to achieve their goals. It is hard work and quite often I am left exhausted from the mental drain. And paradoxically my own program suffers, so this will help to motivate me and keep me on track. Onwards and upwards!
        I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hey Sapphire,

I would just imagine that your job takes alot of mental effort. It would be exhausting.

Our personal well being seems to always suffer cuz we put other people and or our jobs before our own needs. I have done that too much and have lost myself in the process.

I am here to get myself Back !

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

bratty57;980859 wrote: Hey Sapphire,

I would just imagine that your job takes alot of mental effort. It would be exhausting.

Our personal well being seems to always suffer cuz we put other people and or our jobs before our own needs. I have done that too much and have lost myself in the process.

I am here to get myself Back !
            Go Bratty:goodjob: We rock

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

I drink occasionally but gained a lot of weight after booze comes to my system?

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Thursday-October 14

I rode my bike 5 1/4 miles today .. did some hills to strengthen legs.

I wanted to get more in today, at least a walk, but i have a party to be at as soon as i get off work.. RATZ!

oh.. i almost forgot.. i lost one pound .. that makes 6..28 to go !

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hi Bratty,

Well done on your efforts today! I have biked 10kms; Ran 4kms and done some light yoga. Feeling very motivated and keeping to my eating. I will weigh in on Sunday morning.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Friday October 15, 2010

Thanks Sapphire.. i have to build up my endurance once again. I am sore right now from the weights .. gotta work it out !

Today i rode my bike 2 miles and walked 3 . I also lifted weights for 20 minutes.
                    Lost one more pound.
                    7 so for since AF
                    27 to go !

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

Hi bratty,

Is that your dog in your avatar? If so, what breed. I have a staffordshire bull terrier, black with white patches...she is my running/walking partner/best friend. Hill hike today in the mountains 2hours...fairly leisurely though, a bit tired today so will have a hot bath and a rest. Diet going o.k. but not fantastic....ate a chocky bar, but will let myself off the hook! Make up for it tomorrow with some energetic biking.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

H Sapphire,

Yes , that is my dog. His name is Hosea. He is a boston terrier. Still a pup, so i am training him to walk, etc. He is getting the hang of it, but takin a while.

My diet is going pretty good. Lost one more pound . I know the weight loss will slow down dramatically. I always lose well at the beginning and then taper off.

I dont know about exercise today. I hope to get in a bike ride... i will have to see. Have alot on the agenda today.

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

bratty57;980726 wrote: In my life before alcohol, I was quite the exercise nut, so i am going to focus on what i love once again to help me stay AF.

I have a goal of losing 34 lbs of which i have lost 5 and I have a goal of building my biking miles to 30... If you wanna join in and post your goals and progress, please do. Focusing on something other than alcohol will be a help to me.......sooooo, HERE I GO..

Saturday Oct 9, I did a 13 mile bike tour.. almost croaked..lol but made it
                          Monday Oct 11, I biked 3 miles
                          Tuesday Oct 12 , I biked 6 miles and walked 1 mile
                          Wednesday Oct 13, I biked 3 miles and worked out with weights for 20 mins.

Wt. loss 5 lbs....29 to go ! ! ! ! ! :rays:
                          WOW I'm impressed. Keep it up. I hope you'll continue to post your progress. i wish you the best!
                          “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

bratty57;982938 wrote: H Sapphire,

Yes , that is my dog. His name is Hosea. He is a boston terrier. Still a pup, so i am training him to walk, etc. He is getting the hang of it, but takin a while.

My diet is going pretty good. Lost one more pound . I know the weight loss will slow down dramatically. I always lose well at the beginning and then taper off.

I dont know about exercise today. I hope to get in a bike ride... i will have to see. Have alot on the agenda today.
                            gday Bratty,

It doesnt hurt to have a day off to get in some recovery. Muscle only rebuilds while you are resting and metabolic rate lowered. Your pup looks really cute. Have a fabulous day. Saff

Comment

Wt loss Exercise Thread

I have lost over 30 pounds in past 4 months by walking daily 3+ miles and lifting weights 1-2 day/week and eating light healthy food and not drinking.
                              I eat 4+ servings of veggies/day and concentrate on whole grains quality protein etc. I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks/day. The key is taking a long range approach. Being AF helps a lot.
                              Sunny

Comment

Working...
                              X