Monday, November 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, November 13th

Good morning everybody. I'm up, have gotten the boys out the door (husband and son), so I thought I would say hello before embarking on what will no doubt be a challenging day.

I did not do well yesterday! My husband and I had a "tete-ta-tete" (less than an argument, but unpleasant interchange). His parents passed away and he inherited a lot of memorabilia. I told him he could bring home whatever he wanted as long as he would be willing to work with me to organize them. So, we have had boxes upon boxes here for weeks. Yestderay, when I showed him how I was going to convert a closet into a small office area where he could store alot of his "treasues" in an open space, he dragged his feet. He does this to me everytime. He loves it when its done but doesn't want to be be bothered with the work. So we went around and around for about two hours before he finally got going on it. My son volunteered to help him with the project, which was really great -- my son and I are very close and have done many projects together. But, he hasn't done that many with my husband. My husband is always looking for a project, so that finally got him going.

BUT, during all of this I drank the half of bottle we normally split 2 1/2 glasses -(it was about two in the afternoon). So, I wound up having one and 1/2 more glasses later in the evening. Since it was a weekend, I'm allowed three -- I wound up with 4. So, I was disappointed, more because I have found another trigger that I have to deal with -- the fact that anxiety and/or anger makes me want to grab a drink -- that one is going to be tough to master.

Did well on the cokes (diet cola) though -- only had one yesterday!!

Today, my husband is home (he is semi-retired), therefore we usually have a glass of wine at lunch. This is something I'm going to change at some point, but probably not today. So, I'm looking at three glasses today. One at lunch, one at cocktail hour, and one at dinner.

Hope everybody has a great day! Mine is going to be very hectic so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to stop by, but I will be thinking of all of you!

Much love,

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Monday, November 13th

Good Morning MM!
    I know it's not funny, but I'm laughing because you and your husband sound like me and mine..especially about home projects!!! I think you are doing great, especially at being able to recognize the triggers..it's huge! You may still act on them for a little while, but the awareness goes a long way in dissipating them..it's kind of like you just can't do it over and over again when you are truly conscious of what you are doing..the body and the mind lag behind your higher consciousness, so do be patient with yourself and applaud the fact that you didn't use it as an excuse to get totally plastered!

30 days AF today! Feeling pretty good but know I need to start exercising..I just haven't done that lately and I've been eating crap..I've not wanted to jump on those things too aggressively because between going AF and making some major changes with my husband and our lifestyle..i knew that I would address it when I am ready...I like to call it 'organically'..so I am organically moving in the right direction..I had my All One and juice this morning, will take a light lunch to work..and start preparing myself for a way over do 'fast'..something I've done for years..at least a couple of times a year..I love to do it..but I can only do it when I'm totally in the righ mind set...I'm also in the process of cleaning out a room that we've been using to store the stuff that is on it's way to Goodwill..it's my youngest daughter's old bedroom..I've designed a layout for 'Dianne's Playroom'..it will house my sewing room, which will be sectioned off with shoji screens and an area for the treadmill my husband is buying me for Christmas..I'll have an area to do yoga as well..I'm going to paint and decorate it Zen style..I'm excited..

have a great day everybody!

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Dilayne!

I'm so proud of you.....

Congratulations

:l :l :l :l Attached files [img]/converted_files/154196=219-attachment.gif[/img]
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Thanks Imagine!! :0) - p.s. I love your quote!!!

Comment

Monday, November 13th

WOW Dianne!! oooooommmmmmmmmmm.... a very zen-like wish for your room redecoration! That sounds wonderful and I'm sure with your artistic ability, that room will be such a peaceful and beautiful place for you. Congrats on the 30 days!! So how long is this fast going to be? Is it purely liquids? Just water? I've never fasted before except for the "no meat on fridays" growing up as a Catholic girl, which meant we pig out on a big fish fry, or even worse, some nice seafood linguine or something. Nice sacrifice, huh? Don't even get me started... anyhow, yours sounds like a true cleansing. That's wonderful! You are doing so well, D.

MM, You are too. Listen to dilayne. Knowing those triggers and trying to hear them a little more loudly next time will keep you on your path you desire. I saw my trigger on Friday and knew I didn't have to drink, I just did anyway. Bad one. I flipped off that nasty switch the very next day though and didn't wallow, which is exactly what you are doing. Great job on the diet cokes, too! Kicking 2 habits at once! Usually it's the booze and the cigarettes... Keep hanging in there. It's great having you aboard.

Rachele, how are you doing? How's hubby? Any luck yet? I suppose he'll be hitting the want ads pretty hard this wk? I hope you are doing well. Please check in today.

Gypsi and Mary, you guys OK in the caregiver role right now? There are lots of assistive devices and agencies out there designed to help. Make sure you are getting the resources you need. Take care of yourselves:l

Everybody, everybody, have a great monday. I already wrote "0" in my drink diary for today! LOL. Committed there. Now I'm telling you all at 8:40 in the morning that today is an AF day. Committed here. The end. Last step is to write it in the tracker tomorrow. Piece of cake . Stuck with my 3 yesterday. Good start to the week!

I miss Tammie. (TTFM). I think she's long gone though. :upset: Hope she's ok. Anyone ever talk to her??

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Oh, you checked in, Imagine! Your little smiley guy looks happy, at least!! hee hee!

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Hey Becca! You sound solid this morning! I usually shoot for a 3-day fast. I follow something called the The Master Cleanser or otherwise called the Lemonaid fast..you mix a concoction of real lemon juice, distilled water, some grade B maple syrum (for minerals) and a little cayenne pepper (stimulates the digestive sysem)..it's a very healing cleansing fast..I have gone 5-7 days before if I really need it..it really cleanses everything..mind and body, I think. It's a good idea to eat lots of fruits and veggies prior to and afterwards.

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Dilayne, thank you for the solid advice and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so proud of you! You are so beautiful, inside and out! I never look forward to a fast. If it were not for the activities throughout the day that remind me why I have to do it, I don't think I would get through! We seem to have so many of them throughout the year.

I, too, love yoga! In fact, while I'm making this life-changing endeavor, I keep remembering a point that was brought up in my first experience with Yoga - "You must learn to eat to live, not live to eat". I am definitely in the latter category, though I have for many years tried to change it!

Becca, thank you also for the support! You are so wonderful, always so supportive of everyone! And I love the Friday night fish thing too!

And, Imagine, I LOVE your Smile clapping display!!! How on Earth did you get it soooooooo BIG? It is histerical!!!

Love you all, have a great day!

MM

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Congrats Dilayne! Wow 30 days abs! That is so fantastic, my friend - you must feel SO great!
                  I hear you on the exercise thing - this is something I really need to commit to as a regular routine myself. But one thing at a time right? You are doing great!
                  Hi Bec, MM (how did your son's interview go, by the way??), and everyone else on this Monday morning. Luschy how are you today darling?
                  love you all
                  Jen
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Good morning everyone ?

I have been around for a while and get a great deal of support from this site and the people here. I have been trying the monthly abs board and I am feeling like maybe right now, its not the right place for me. I want to moderate and I know I should do the 30 days abs (2 weeks has been my max to this point) but I hate to say it ? our social life gets in the way! I don?t get out of control every night or weekend, but I do have 2 or 3 drinks during a night out or with friends or whatever. And there are times I have been just out of my tree (and annoying my husband). Those times are fewer than they once were and I?d lke to have no more of them. So anyway, I?m thinking maybe Monthly Moderation is the place for me. Everyone on the abs board has been so wonderful to me ? I hate showing up on Monday and saying ?Yes, I had a few drinks over the weekend.? They work hard on their abs and it makes me feel like a fraud! Is that weird?
                    Hawk

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh .. what inspiration for a Monday morning!

Dilayne ...WOW! When I grow up .. I wanna be like you!

MM hang in there .. you are doing great. AND, you keep reminding me to pay attention to the triggers .. for that I thank you!

Becca .. I love that avatar! And good luck and making that goal today! )I'm gonna come check later)

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Hey, Waiting, great to see you back!!! Missed you!!! Hawk, this is a great place to be. We all have different goals here, but we are supportive of each other and what we are trying to achieve. It sounds like you are on the right track and doing wonderful.

Jenneh, my son did great! They invited him back to stay on Campus for three days, take some courses of interest and talk to the students in order to help him prepare for this final interview. He is also being wined and dined by the folks at Georgetown University (his second choice). So all is hopeful in a world where so many are called, but extremely few are chosen. But, we are enjoying watching his growth spurt during the process. Thanks for asking!!

So far so good today. I allow myself three cokes a day. I'm debating whether to have the third one! I am learning that my trigger with cokes is work! The more work I have on my desk, the harder it is to stay away from them! But, I think I will have my three today as life is really hectic -- major deadlines! I will ponder on this trigger and think about how I will do better tomorrow -- but, I will still stay in my goal of three. Haven't even begun to think about alcohol consumption today. I'm having lunch with hubbie. It is my goal to have only one -- we'll see!

Love you all. Talk later (hopefully)

MM

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Good morning! Becca, if you go to What We Believe section from yesterday you will see my rant about meatless Fridays.

Jen, glad you showed up today. Have been missing you and hope all is okay. Rachele, how are you and hubby holding up? Is he confident about finding a new job?

Where are the Marys and Laura and Trish? Not that I don't enjoy the new people but where are the "oldies."

Hawk, of course you are welcome here. I know the feeling of not wanting to rain on their parade over there if abs if not a serious goal right now.

Fan, you were MUCH too quiet around here this weekend. Hope you will show your witty face.........

Gypsi, I hope you are doing okay. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Going to aim for tomorrow AF. Oops, I said I was not going to work beyond one day at a time, so forget I just said that. I like your idea Becca; you gotta decide in the morning and just stick to it.

Oh and Waves, how are you holding up? I know you have a lot of AF days under your belt but it sounds like your husband did not join you in it. Are you holding up okay? You have my complete admiration, as do you Dilayne. Congrats on 30 days!!!!! Amazing. I have heard of that fast and know people who have had success with it. I always worry it will slow down by already too slow metabolism but it is something to consider.

Sorry to whoever I forgot. I wish you all a great Monday.......
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Hello to everyone and a great big group hug!!

Hawk, don't sweat it! You are always welcome here, and please don't feeel like a fraud. This can be hard work and the best way to get it done is with a POSITVE ATTITUDE!. Don't let yourself get bogged down with negative energy and guilt.

This week I really have to pay attention to my drink count. I'm leaving on vacation on Satuday for 10 days and have sooo much to accompliish at home, work and with my kids schools. With multiple lists of things to do in a limited amount of time is a HUGE trigger for me. This week I need to be extra dilligent.

It's nice to see everyone doing so great! Congratulations again Di!

Cheak in later.....
                            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Hi all -
                              Hope everyone had a good weekend. It's been three weeks since the start of this current nightmare that I'm living in, and I'm finally feeling like I'll be able to handle it. Thank goodnes for Celexa (anti-depressant); it's really helping me to stabilize. Without it, I really think I would just be a gibbering idiot on a pysche ward somewhere...

In spite of everything that's happened up here in the Frozen North (-30F this a.m.) the last few weeks, I've been able to stick with my goal of only drinking 2 days a week. My next challenge to work on though, is to shave down the number of drinks I have on those two nights. As it stands right now, when I do drink on those two nights, wow! watch out 'cause I'ma drinkin'! Of course, since my tolerance for beer is waaay down now, you can imagine the pain the next day after drinking 8-10 beers uch:
                              I was worried that with hubby's diagnosis, all the hard work I've done the last 6 weeks with getting sober would go into the toilet; apparently, all the supportive thoughts and prayers going out on our behalf is working, cause I'm sticking with the two days.
                              Thanks again to all of you :l and I hope you all have an excellent Monday!!
                              :teeter:

Comment

Working...
                              X