Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday November 14

GOOD MORNING ABSVILLE!

We in America will celebrate Thanksgiving next week.
    We all have some problems, but lets list some things we are thankful for.

I'm thankful for:
    You!
    my family
    my health
    my relationship with my God
    sunshine..the sunrise was beautiful today!
    trees
    Belle
    dirty dishes...means we have food to eat!
    laughter

more later!
    Nancy & Belle:l

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZSYYYYYYJGUS
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Tuesday November 14

N&B,
    Thanks for starting my day on such a positive note.
    Hugs,
    Mona
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Hiya All,

Your so right Nancy....Things could always be worse...My problems are insignificant compared to many many people...I Need to remember what i've got....Not what i dont have..

I am very greatful for

My family
      My health
      A roof over our head
      Food in the cupboards
      What else in life do you need?...Really?

I am also so greatful for everyone here

Speak later....Macks:l
      I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
      One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Hi All,

I don't have much time to post, as I have to get ready for work. I have a long day today. I'm grateful for that though--it's my "daily bread" (or the money to purchase it!)

Thanks for starting the daily thread, Nancy.

I've been a little worried lately, as Maddy has been very moody with anxiety about college, and my sister has also been anxious. Her job search has not been progressing very quickly, and I can see that she is getting depressed, even though she is not a complainer. I hate leaving her alone for a long day. My other sister is not doing so great in NY, either...

I'm trying not to worry too much, as that will only bring me down. I'm just putting one foot in front of the other and trying to keep the faith. I hope that my sister can keep the faith too. It is hard being out of work, but I truly believe that there is something to be learned here for her, and I am truly grateful that I can help take care of her. She has done so much for me over the past number of years.

Okay, I've said a lot for someone who has to go get ready for work!!

Hugs,

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday November 14

I'm grateful for:

My sobriety
          My health
          My family and friends
          A good job
          My sobriety
          Coffee
          Hawaii
          My Way Out and the people I've gotten to know here
          A place to live, and enough to pay the bills and food to eat
          An inquiring mind (hmmm.... mixed blessing sometimes!)
          and.... my sobriety

Mike
          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Hi everyone....love ya all
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

Tuesday November 14

I did not drink yesterday and I will not drink today. Best wishes to all-

Lucky

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Good Afternoon-

I have lots to be Thankful for this year-
                Friends ( this means all you guys too!! Especially all you guys)
                Family - Just celebrated my Grandmother's 100th Birthday this weekend (actual bday for her is tomorrow11/15)
                Finding mwo - 17 days AF today
                Quit smoking this year
                my job
                my cats
                my health

Everyone have a great day today - I started my day at the gym this morning at 5:30 (thankful for that too) Boy will I be sore tomorrow!!
                Love
                Lisa

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Good evening all,

I really been struggling tonight....Stress is such a trigger....I found out my car is going to be too exspensive to fix....So its a write off....
                  Plus i gotta pay to pick it up and move it to get scrapped.....We're gonna struggle where we live in a small village without a car...Also finding a job that i can get to without a car is going to be nigh on impossible...We have 2 buses run through our village a day.....And i cant afford a new car without a job.....Catch 22 or what?
                  I didnt drink tonight though......But if it hadnt of been for my wife (Lisa) i think i would have....She talked me out of it...And i dont want to make her life more difficult than it is at the moment...

Lisa...Happy Birthday for your Gran tomorrow....100...Wow...that is amazing....and 17 days AF for you is brilliant.

Lucky, you keep it up....your doing well..

Gabster, i know your doing well...You always are

Mike...Your enquiring mind is a blessing to you...Your blessed with lots of attributes..

Kathy.. You keep putting one foot infront of the other....Sometimes thats all you can do....Proberly what your sister is doing at the moment...I know i am...I'm wishing you and your family some special luck today:l

Nancy...Thanks for the reminder this morning...Your thoughts stuck with me through most of my day..

Hope everyone has a pleasent AF evening.....Macks
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Tuesday November 14

LUCKY...........way to go honey!
                    Hugs,
                    Mona
                    Meow-Meow
                    MonaKitty

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Macks! You are awesome! I can't think of a more stressful day/week than what you have described. I absolutely detest car problems - they are in my top 5 all-time stressers. You did it though-
                      I am so proud of you for not drinking. Proud and inspired and happy!! And what a great family you have- Lisa is just terrific!
                      These problems will be resolved eventually- they just will. A year from now this will not be your problem. Somehow we get thru it. If I could, I'd run right out and buy you a car - you deserve some good luck! Anway- you are doing SO GREAT!! Just can't say that enough.

To everyone else tonight - you have a good evening. :l :l
                      Lisa

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Wow, Macks, that is rotten luck. I know it must be scary. Good for you for not drinking. Hang in there. Some opportunity might come from where you least expect it.

I'm glad that everyone else seems to be doing okay.

I'm feeling beaten up by my daughter, who did not do well on her ACT's (one of the college entrance exams). When I came home and she told me, I responded initiallly with a "Wow" when she told me her score. She told me to "Shut UP!" (I was just trying to make a space to think of something supportive to say.) But then I told her I was tired of being talked to the way she talks to me. So now I am "unsupportive". She is now up in her room and another opportunity for conversation is lost. My sister witnessed all of this, and she is stumped too. I can't say anything right with her at the moment. I think she is feeling very humiliated, because she has sailed through school up until now, but now it has become hard, and she is terrified of failing, and I am the whipping boy. Nevertheless, even if there was room for me to speak, I am not sure that she would listen to me anyway. This really sucks.:sigh: Nevertheless, I can't let her talk to me the way she is talking to me. I'm worried about her. She puts so much pressure on herself.

Anyway, hope against hope, I'm going to try and go talk to her.:crossed: Even though she is being a real schmuck, she needs support.

Hugs,

Kathy

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Macks, my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry it sucks so much now, but it is bound to get better.

Kathy, with my daughter, I went for about three years never seemingly able to say the right thing. It's like that with my son sometimes too. Frustrating, but they do survive it. So do we.

Hugs everyone.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Yeah, we've been in that place before, too, Tracy. Lately, it seems like she's been possessed by jumbies. She's just impossible to talk to. I may insist that she go into therapy, even if she hates me for it. After all, the car still belongs to ME. (And she seems to hate me a good part of the time, anyway.) Needless to say, the "talk" ended up in a screaming match.

Comment

Tuesday November 14

Kathy, I read ths awesome book called, "Get out of my life, but can you first drive me to the mall" about teenagers. Raising teens is the biggest challenge I have ever had!
                              Meow-Meow
                              MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                              X