Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to ask for Topamax...

Hi all,
    I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to ask for Topa.I'm in Australia and not too sure how he feels about doing this off prescription.I hear a lot of good things said for Topomax but I also here some negative stuff as well.I would apprieciate any experiences or opinions on the drug....

:thanks: guys

The only way that i finally got topamax is when i said that i had migraines. i went to topamax.com and printed out the free trial and brought it to the doctor. otherwise they have to prescribe it for "off-label" use and alot of doctors are reluctant to do that.

hope that helps

Comment

by the way, it is working for me very well!

Comment

Hi,
        I'm also in Australia (Sydney area).
        Just wondering how you went getting the Topa?
        I haven't had any luck so far.
        You may have posted elswhere, but I am only just getting back on the boards after a bit og an absence.
        There is a lot to read up on.
        GS

Comment

I ordered mine online and it works great... and i am not taking nearly as much as I should be..... so I say go for it!!!!
          Fiona

Comment

I ordered mine online. I only take 25 mg (started 11/11), and find it works very well. I'm a bit worried about being on a drug with no doctor supervision, and I plan to eventually tell my doctor. I also take the supps and listen to the cd's. I still drink every day (which is fine with me right now), usually 1-2 glasses of wine, and other than the first day, the max I've had has been 4. Very nominal side effects - tingly feet sometimes, headache the first couple of days, sleepy early and thirsty.

Comment

I'm a bit nervous to order mine online.
              The last two MWO orders have been opened for customs!!
              Are they likely to sieze the topa??
              Anyone have a similar concern??
              GS

Comment

I read an article in Newsweek during the summer of 2005 about Topomax and its use in controlling alcohol consumption. I gave the article to my doctor, and he prescribed it for me. I did not like the experience. It is very powerful. You should read up on it. It is generally used for bipolar disorder. It made me very spacey, forgetful, and confused. I also got severe leg aches, and it affected my sleep. If you are still drinking, you should be very careful taking it. If you are going to take it, begin before a weekend or when you have time off from work and other things to see how you react. Good luck.

Comment

I guess my order was opened by customs too. I just picked it up at the post office and it had "topiramate" written in big letters on it! I had to sign for it and it was under lock and key! Has anyone had it seized? I would die if I spent $120 and lost it! not to mention not having the topa - that is dangerous suddenly not having it.

As far as side effects, I am up to 100 mg a day and have none. A little tingling in my feet and hands and tinny taste. I have trouble sleeping, but I have always had trouble sleeping. I've always gotten the "sleepies" in the afternoon too, so I couldn't tell you if the side effects are any different.

As far as drinking, I really don't have the desire physically. I could take it or leave it. It's the mental thing for me. The topa really does a good job with the cravings, but if you really want to drink, you are going to drink.

Comment

I ordered from River Pharmacy and as far as I can remember, it came in a plain brown padded envelope with just a return address for the pharmacy. It didn't say the name of the pharmacy anywhere on the package, and it didn't appear to have been opened.

Comment

I got mine from inhousepharmacy.com, which is in India, and they say on their website that if your package is seized by customs to let them know and they will send another.

My order arrived in 1 week in plain envelope with customs label.

Comment

Working...
                      X