10 weeks healthy nutrition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I am really happy about my healthy nutrition. During my first 7 months of getting sober, and battling all of that, I allowed myself whatever I wanted to eat whenever. I have learned how to live without alcohol, and I am now 10 weeks into my healthy nutrition plan. I am really noticing a difference. Without the cases of beer going in my belly each week, I can really decrease my body fat percentage.

I know for sure that I could not have made it through those tough first months, and eaten well. The sugar cravings I had were very strong. In addition, I guess the comfort food.

Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Can you let us know what you are eating Hill? I would be really interested since my diet is pure shite..
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I, too allowed myself the indulgence of anything I wanted whenever I wanted it for the first 5 months. Now I am doing very well on a very healthy diet plus lots of exercise and have lost almost 40 pounds! It is great that by not drinking my motivation is much higher than when I was. I have been consistent rather than getting my body ready for the next binge.
      Sunny

Comment

Hi One2many, sure I can chat about what I am doing. It sounds like Sunnyvalenting has also found a great routine, way to go, keep at it! You are so right about being sober and having better motivation and energy to eat right, and to exercise.

My healthy nutrition plan is not a diet. I permit myslef unlimitted raw fruit and veggies, and it is a battle to get recommended 7 servings a day. Each Sunday I bag five bags full of raw veggies, one for each day at work. Carrots, green peppers, little tomotoes, celery, cucumber etc. So each day I throw one in my lunch, with an apple and a banna. I each three good solid healthy meals a day. I don't eat sometimes foods. I don't eat after supper. If desperate, on a fruit. I don't drink hi calorie beverages.

95% of the time I follow this. At thanksgiving, I had a piece of pie. I had a piece of birthday cake last weekend. But that it is. Drink lot's of water. Exercise lots. I take omega fish oils and vitamin d. That is about it. It has worked for me. All the best,
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi fellow health aware folks: Tip here. I love the idea of bagging the veggies for the week. it is a sure fire way to get those veggies into you. I am on the 52 weeks plan and I think I have just found my week 5 new habit. "Eat a bag of Veggies a day" That is thanks to you... I get so many great ideas from this site. Going to visit my Mom in Mississauga for the weekend so hopefully will be ready to go Monday. Off to take the train... have a great weekend you bunch of health nuts. Tips.
          Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
          ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Tip,
            I am so glad you are remaining AF. day 5 for you today. By now you are likely feeling pretty well
            Sunny

Comment

Thanks a million Hills xx
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Just got 3 side dishes on their way for Thanksgiving. Making ahead to reduce TG day stress. I am trying low fat and lowish sugar variations. Made an apple/blackberry crisp and ginger/maple/honey sweet potatoes. Also made my own sugar free cranberry orange sauce (I did use a sugar substitute-just a bit). I am serving filet mignon rather than turkey. It will be yummy and I am pretty sure no leftovers! A salad too but a guest will bring that. We will celebrate AF. I ate very light today and walk/jogged 3.7 miles (540 calories). It was hard not to "test" the things I was making. (I had to do some tasting-tho!). It is fun. I am listening to Stravinsky as I type and as these dishes cook.
                It will be the first Thanksgiving in awhile that I will remember from start to finish. What a life.
                I hope each of you has much to be thankful for. I certainly do.
                all the best
                Sunny

Comment

Kolam
                  :spam::spam::spam:
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                  X