Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 17th November

Ello, ello, ello !!!!

Gosh... well I'm up at this unGodly hour of 8.40 hee hee. Let's hope I have got the date right this time!!

It's friday - wheelie bin-day ! and I have just listened to my phone messages and have had a message for another interview for the job that I was going for ... - but - it was on the 15th !!! arrrgghhhh !!

SO. just spoken to my mum , and she reckons that I should say that I was away on hols... Good Plan !

So from the great unemployed ( general tiler, painter and washing and ironing of clothes ) - to the employed! Hoorah .

I am a bit scared really. but everything crossed pleeese guys ! XXXX

So kicking off this morning . I hope that everyone is OK.. and BIG snuggles to each and everyone of you all..

Will check back later

Kiss Kiss
    Liz

Friday 17th November

As an addendum, may I say that the links on the top of the page are soooper.. Thanks RJ XXXX

Comment

Friday 17th November

Good on you Lizzie. Good luck, ey. Well, I'm finishing my day at work. Pretty heavy today. Now starts the struggle at home, to drink water ONLY, or at least anything non-alcoholic, grin...

Have a good weekend all.

By the way, where's ole Mike? Has snowfall cut off the internet there in Alaska?

Kathie, lush and tawny - g'day Ladies. You're ok?

Macs, how's the old tin lizzie? Dead or alive?

Gabbs, tomorrow I'll be 35. Wow, I'm a big boy now! When's your b-day?

Catch ya guys next week,

Paddy
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Friday 17th November

Good Morning all,

Morning Liz and Paddy...Just a quick post for now, i gotta go pick up my 4 yearold from nursery ( the one who like dressing up as superheros)
        Just wanted to say its mine and Lisa's anniversary today..Not wedding anniversary...First date anniversary..14 years ago we went to the pictures and had our first snog...14 years 5 kids and 1 pickled liver later and we're still together...She must have the patience of a saint..
        Speak later...Macks
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Friday 17th November

Hello Everyone,

I wish you guys all the best.This is day one for me, feeling a little queasy and shaky. Wish me luck.

Comment

Friday 17th November

Hello Abbers,

Liz, I think you should definitely say you were away on holiday.... your mom has a good suggestion there, and you might still get in for that interview. I'll keep everything crossed for ya!

And I'm still around, Paddy, and I've just had a busy couple of days here. Came home last night and just crashed on the couch after work. I started to watch the news and fell asleep for 3 hours!! Now I'm up at 4 AM. Oh well...

And Macks, happy first date anniversary! You've accomplished a lot in 14 years. Well, er, except for the pickled liver. I mean, that will repair itself if you give it the chance now, which you are well on the road to doing. I'm sure Lisa and the kids are very happy with a sober dad in the house!

Well, today I celebrate the big 6-0. Yep 60 days! Thanks to everyone for your support: I couldn't have done it alone, especially in the early days, when I was fighting cravings a lot. But even now I have to work at keeping the "stinking thinking" from coming back. And since my goal is long term sobriety, 60 days is only a start. But these milestones feel really good, and they remind me that I *can* do it, and give me the incentive to work toward the next one I set my sights on. I find I also compare how I feel at 60 days to how I felt at 30, and how I felt at 1, and know I don't ever want to go back. It just feels too good physically and mentally to trade it for the temporary "benefit" that a night of drinking offers me...

Oh, and Lisa -- you asked me yesterday if I saw a difference from how much I wasn't spending on alcohol. Hmmm.... good question. To be honest I am not a person who is really good at managing money. I don't really budget. I just get my paycheck in my account, I pay my bills, I buy what I need, and I do what I want. Luckily I have enough to do that. Here's the deal, though: I have NOT SPENT roughly $500 on liquor alone in the last 60 days. That is based on buying the vodka one pint at a time -- I know it would have been cheaper to buy by the fifth or even by the half-gallon, but it scared me to buy more than a pint as I might have continued drinking to the point of alcohol poisoning. So I bought a pint, which often wasn't enough. And then I would walk back to the store, and get a second pint, which I would often drink in its entirety. (Now if I do my math right, this equals a quart, which is more than a fifth. So I should have just bought a fifth and saved the money. But it LOOKS like less if it's in the pint bottles!) ANYWAY, yes -- I have not exactly saved $500 because I don't have it in my pocket, but I've spent it on other things -- namely, art for my apartment. I can enjoy the art much more, and for a much longer time, than the vodka. And the art doesn't give me a headache in the morning. :H

OK Absville -- hope you all have a GREAT day. Happy Friday -- I know Fridays can be hard sometimes, especially early on in sobriety, so hang in there and do whatever you have to! Read through past posts as there is a lot here about that topic.

Animal: welcome (or welcome back?) -- and you'll be feeling better in no time. YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN DO THIS! I wish you the best. I won't say "good luck" because it's not really about luck....

Mike
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Friday 17th November

Hey everybody..just a quick fly by here...

Mike, HaPpY 60 dAyS!!!

Comment

Friday 17th November

Well done on 60 days Mike! Fabulous.

Comment

Friday 17th November

Morning!

Morning All!

Just checking in for the morning. Want to say welcome back Lizzie. Sounds like you are doing just great! I miss hearing from you more, but you have to do what you have to do, and what ever keeps you sober is good! Good luck with the job interview!

Welcome back, too, Vinophile. I'm glad to hear that your health scare turned out okay, although I know it must have been brutal while it was going on! Now you can refocus as the dust settles from your being so terrified. All the best.

Good luck tonight, Paddy! I find water pretty boring, though I drink it during the day. At night, I drink cranberry and diet ginger ale, or cranberry and diet lemonade. I learned the hard way that I couldn't have caffeine at night!

Animal, hang in there. How much had you been drinking? Do you think that queasy and shaky is about as bad as it will be? Keep coming back here and posting, and if it gets worse, please see a doctor, okay? We're all pulling for you! If you stick to it, you won't have to do this again, EVER!

Happy 60 Mike!! I'm speechless with happiness for you! You must be looking and feeling great! As for that money, once your walls are filled, I bet you'll be finding a little more in your pockets.

:h Happy Anniversary Macks and Lisa:h Incidently, I think you're MUCH more handsome than the new James Bond!

And hi on the fly to you Di!

Things are okay here. Just really busy. I'm getting lots of clients again as the holidays approach.

Hugs to all,

Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday 17th November

Just visitin'

Hi Lizzie - good luck on the job.

Mack - happy anniversary - what a guy to remember the first date and first snog (I don't wanna know - well, yes I do). Hope it's a happy one - I'm sure it it.

Mike - you are my hero - happy day 60. I'm glad you don't have the 500 in your pocket - money is to be enjoyed, not to be passed on to your heirs.

Kathy - hope your daughter is doing better. Keep in mind if she hates you periodically, you are doing your job and you're doing it well. You will have your revenge later with your grandchildren. I know how much it hurts, but try not to take it personally. She doesn't really mean it. It still sucks tho!

Paddy - happy 35th if I don't get here tomorrow.

Lucky, your posts inspire me.

To everyone else I miss, have a great weekend.

I'll be back to rent a place soon. Getting stronger every day. Still keepin an eye on you guys tho. . .

Comment

Friday 17th November

Hi Everybody

Just wanted to say CONGRATS to Wayne and Lisa -

2 gether
                      4 ever
                      4 loves
                      strong
                      you
                      part

Made me weak at the knees that you remembered your first snoggers !!!! Does Lisa remember it ??!!! (Joke).

And to Mike - 60 days... Well Done - that is fab, and it is bloody hard - but you are an inspiration to all newies here... Animal - see YOU can do this too... keep posting X

Hiya Kathy, good to be back - I will be in and out sporaradically I think. But still abs. Hope you are ok and the old fingers are having a deserved rest after your sewing marathon !!!

And Paddy - water ! hah ! I think you could stretch to an orange juice !!! :H

And hi to everyone else whom I haven't mentioned ( Gabs, Vino, Nancy ( where's Nancy? ) etc)...

Well I have phoned the lady and have an interview on wednesday next week ( I feel violently sick just thinking about it) . Oh well I shouldn't worry ( but I will ) and now I want a huge blooody glass of wine ( which I won't) !!! Pigs bums... Will this get easier? Maybe with a job and something to occupy me rather than just 2 small JR terriers, it will get better.

Well chappers - speak soon and love to all of you here
                      :h :h

Comment

Friday 17th November

Well folks...

I will admit that I am struggling in a swimming pool of treacle.

I am going to go to an AA meeting at 8pm tonight.... I have been to one only once before, and it was dreadful, because I asked a question, and got REALLY told off... I don't 'do' being told off.

But I have just spoken to a lady and she assured me that it would be ok, even if I did not believe in God.

So Lee is going to go with me because it is an open meeting ???

This is my first ( and probably ONLY ) serious message ... hey it's only taken 6 months to admit this.

Liz

Comment

Friday 17th November

Hi everyone,
                          Still here with the Baby Belle, Liz. We've been busy around here. Next week is Thanksgiving here in the USA and we really enjoy having the family together and sharing all we are thankful for!
                          Heres my list for today:
                          Grand-daughters
                          grand-sons
                          puppies
                          outside fires in the cold night air
                          turkeys
                          grandmother's turkey dressing recipe
                          cranberries
                          sweet potato pie
                          memories of grandmother's house from long ago

There are a million more in my heart but gotta go for now!

Nancy:l

Oh.I almost forgot AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday 17th November

Hi everyone!
                            that's me and my grandmother - her 100th birthday. I can't figure out how to post a pic. anyone?
                            I think I am almost done Christmas shopping! I can't believe it. I have a bday present to get for my nephew who will be turning 9. What does a 9 year old boy really really need?

Mike- Congrats on the 60 days! So Great! Really and truly you have done such a wonderful job and thanks for sharing so much with all of us. It is a tremendous help.
                            I guess I'm spending my extra money on Christmas! I had a daily counter for my cigarette smoking - it told you how many cigarettes you didn't smoke, how much money you saved, and how many days you added back to your life. What an eyeopener.
                            At 30 days I had not smoked 540 cigarettes, saved 94.50 ( can't remember how many days I got back - about a week I think). Anyway, it was really helpful for me, at least in the beginning.
                            BTW.. 20 days AF for me :yay:

Liz- I think you are doing so great. Go to that AA meeting and just try to keep an open mind and get out of it what YOU want to get out of it. You never know...this time might be great. Maybe the right time too. And good luck on the interview - knock 'em dead!

Animal - how are you doing??

Macks....can I ask a vocab question? snoggers=kiss?? :l you and lisa have a lovely anniversary.

Nancy - Can I move in with you guys? :h Thanksgiving at your house sounds great.
                            Kathy-I would imagine this is a very busy time of year for you. Holidays can be so emotional - and lonely. I was planning on spending T'giving alone (planned on just going to the gym as a mini protest) but my next door neighbor called and invited me to spend it with her and her family (who are visiting from Peru). I think I would have been ok spending it alone but I could tell I felt better after she called.

Paddy...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:happy: What all do you plan to do in your 35th year?

Hi Barb! You doing ok?

Well, all that shopping wore me out. I am going to bed soon...gym in the morning....and the I get rewarded by going to the Waffle House (yum). scattered, covered and smothered..
                            Sorry about my excessively long posts lately.... I'm thankful you are all here!
                            Night all

Comment

Friday 17th November

Wow Lisa...You look very proud with your grandmother...And you have every right to be...
                              As for posting pics...If you google a site called Photobucket..it will let you upload your photos onto their site...Once you have uploaded a few...At the bottom of your page it will give you 3 options...To put a pic on a forum like this...Once your on Photobucket copy and paste the link that has image at the start..At first when you are writing a post it will just show the link....But after you have posted the Picture itself will show...
                              This may sound greek or something but once your on the site it is pretty simple...Must be for me to do it...If you get stuck give me a shout..

Quickly before i go cause its very late here just wanted to say...Mike awsome effort mate....Kathy..I wouldnt go that far with the Bond thing..( But i do think the new one looks more like a Bond baddy )
                              Barb...I didnt remember...Lisa had to remind me....I'm good but not that good..
                              And Liz, so good to see you back here...Like Kathy said...do what works for you..But i still miss you being here....And sorry for rushing off on chat last night but babies got a terrible sense of timing.

Oh and Animal...I hope day 1 of abs went ok...We spoke on chat for a little while the other night and you seem like a really nice chap....Good luck

I know i forgot loads of people...But i'm knackered....Goodnight all...Macks:l
                              I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                              One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X