FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Okay, I guess I'll start today! I've been up much too early, as I had to take hubby to the airport at 4:00 this morning......ugghhh. Plus up pretty late helping him get packed. He decided he didnt have the right size suitcase about 9:00 last night, so he ran out and bought a new one. I told him he needed to make sure it had plenty of room to fit my "wish list" of stuff i!! :H He can get things SOOOO much cheaper in China than you can ever find here in the states, so I collect tea pots and he is going to bring me a cast iron REAL tea pot that costs around 150.00 here, so I'm pretty excited about that.

So I'm pretty sleepy still and not having any brilliant ideas at the moment for a topic of the day....
    How about "Ideas to keep Allie awake" Just kidding. Actually the "Once Upon A Time" thread is getting pretty darn funny again, and FAN -- you need to go save yourself again over there! The Kanga showed up...

Okay, have a wonderful day and weekend everyone! May check back in later.
    Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Hey Allie, maybe you can find time for nap later. Naps are good.

So far, have done well moderating this week. I take the topa really late because I have class M - T until 7 pm, but it kicks in anyway. I have not finished my third drink any evening and mostly haven't gone past two. The other supps help too - I think maybe a lot.

Weekends are my hardest time. If there's not a fire to put out, I feel like I have all the time in the world. In reality, my apartment looks like a bomb hit it. My suitcases from Monday aren't even unpacked yet and some of the contents are scattered about. My kitchen table is a lost under a sea of mail. But no one is grading me on tidiness, so I don't care. The two tests, astronomy and physics, that I wasn't ready for are out of the way - for better or worse, so I feel like it's Miller time at 7 am. Not good. The reward mechanism in my brain is very sharply honed.

Today, I'll take the topa right after breakfast, and I plan to go to the gym this afternoon. What do people do to counter that idea: That it's been a stressful week and you get to blow off steam now (meaning drink yourself silly)?

"Once Upon a Time" is amusing.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Hi Everybody. I am doing much better. I am getting a grip again. Kept to my goal yesterday (on special occasion I use my weekend goal). Yesterday was my husband's birthday and everything went great. Today is my mother's birthday. I am picking her up at 5:00 p.m. We are going to dinner and then a play at the girl's school next to my son's school.

So, my goal today is three wines. I am making a special Oneg Shabbot (the breaking the fast meal after services) in honor of all the birthday's in my family! So, I'll be pretty busy today. I have to work this morning. So, it is going to be hectic.

Hope everyone has a great day.

MM
      (I found some inspiring stuff in my study guide - put it in Shared Faith in Healing Section for anybody interested). Take care everybody.
      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Hi Everyone -

Thanks for all the encouraging words yesterday. I feel better today and I feel like perhaps the funk I am in is lifting. Finally! I remained AF yesterday for the first time in a week. Got up early and got some stuff done. Its very nice out (cool, but sunny) and that makes a difference for me. Today my attitude is positive and I am determined to keep it that way!

My husband and I are going to his college alma mater for a football game (Sat). Today we are driving there and having dinner with friends. I am committed to limiting myself to no more than 2 drinks this evening. Seems to be a very busy weekend but I am planning how to handle and I think that will be most helpful for me.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Thanks again for all your care and support. It is very meaningful in these early days....
        Hawk

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Allie -- Forgot to say - If the wish list doesn't all fit in the new, larger suitcase, have him get another over there and bring that back as well! Sometimes they charge for the bag you if you exceed the weight limit but not for an extra bag. It could be Allies Gift Bag!
          Hawk

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Mike, Congratulations!!!! You should be proud! Good kids don't just happen! I am very happy for you, and proud of both you and your kids for their accomplishment!

So, what is everybody doing this weekend? Tonight, I'm taking Mom out for her birthday, dinner and a play. Tomorrow, there is a special feast at Oneg (which I am preparing for 100) for our three birthdays. Sunday, I am meeting a friend of mine (very heavy drinker!!!!) ALERT!!! EEEEEKKKKSSS!!! But, he stuck by me thick and thin when by business collapsed. My goal is to hold it together!!! And if the weather holds, I'm having my last cookout of the year at my parents. It is the warmest here it has been at this time of year as long as I can remember.

Hope you all have a great day and great plans for the weekend.

MM
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Honestly muffs, It takes me an hour to read every new post on here and then just when I think I can get started on work there are more new posts. I think I need to start getting up earlier!!! : 0. Allie, hope you are getting some sleep right now. That is much too early.

MM, I saw in your post yesterday you asked if I was starting a business. I am tinkering with the idea of doing a small catering business but am leaning more towards not doing it. I appreciate your offer for advice, however. I was a small business owner for 10 years and appreciated all that went with that, but it was a high profit business and doubt I could find something as "cushy" these days. So for now I will continue to work for someone else. Makes things a little less stressful that way.

Fan, I cannot believe you are just discovering all of the muffs on your lap in Once Upon A Time. Fun, fun, fun.

Big rival football game this weekend here between my alma mater and my husbands. So we always have a good fight over it. Fortunately my daughter always roots for my team so that makes me happy. I try to make good appetizers and drink good wine and hopefully will keep that part of it to a minimum.

I cannot address everyone personally today as I am now wayyy behind on work. Happy Friday to all. Hearts and hugs to all.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Ours is a true love story and I am not ashamed to admit it, sweetie. The others are just jealous.
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Good Morning Mods!

Finally feeling totally back to normal and that feels great! No aches or feverish feeling today. You know that saying, "When you have your health, you have just about everything."

The Universe message this a.m. was short, sweet and inspiring so here it is:

There's nothing, that "thinking new thoughts" can't solve, make happen, or improve.

Wow, sent that one just in time, huh?

***** The Universe

Allie, loved the Christmas tree story! Sorry your husband won't be there for Thanksgiving. I have had to give up my kids so often for the Christmas holidays as they go back to the Virgin Islands to visit their dad. So in the 14 years we have been back in the states, I have only had them for the occasional Christmas and once for my birthday, since it is the 29th of December. So it does something, you miss them so very much, that over time, that holiday can be sort of sad for me.

Mike, that is so wonderful to hear teachers say great things about your kids! You are an awesome dad! MM is right, good kids don't just happen, it takes values and a bit of guidance!

Tracy, glad you got through your tests this week. Do you have the CD's? I found them the most helpful for bringing about the mental change I needed and breaking the habit. . . especially the hypno one.

MM, glad you moderated so well for the birthday . . .good luck this evening, I know you can do it, you are quite determined! We are lucky to have you here.

Judie, I have been so land locked moving from the Virgin Islands to New Mexico. Lakes are just OK, but the ocean, yes I come alive, the smell of the salt air the sound of the waves crashing. I understand what you are saying about getting outside. The "baby girl," I get what you are saying . . .. it is amazing how all the years I was in the VI, when I would visit the family wherever they were, I just found it easier to be the person they remembered for each and every one of them . . . . hey, it was just for a few days. Right? I always felt like I should hang out my shingle because they all came to me with their problems. Found myself sometimes leaving and thinking it was OK, that I was a gazillion miles away from that situation. Moving here to be near family was another whole story!

Lush, ditto on the when you get something typed in! Yep, I was not going to start my own business because, it is stressful but have to say in my line of work, now I am truly glad I did as so many ad agencies and local designers have fallen by the wayside and I am still here with a great client base. Work some gosh awful hours though!

Weekend is filled with projects for work here on Saturday, meeting my sister for brunch on Sunday, as she is in town visiting and wants to do a bit of shopping together! (I am so NOT that girl, but I love her and she likes that kind of stuff, I don't get to see her that often) and trying to start with the Thanksgiving preparations, find room in frig, clean paperwork back up, that 3-4 days away prep work.

Everyone else, happy Friday and hope you all have great weekends!

Love you all,
                  Mary

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Plans - I plan to shop for Thanksgiving food.

I've made sooooo many TXgiving dinners and I'm very tired of the fare. Turkey is okay but I want some more interesting stuff to go with it. I tried goose once year - YUCK!!!!

I hope, if the weather holds, to golf for the first time in a month. It's cold but that's why God makes winter golf gloves. My ex and I usually team up because we are equally bad at it and it's more fun that way. I think I must be nuts because the ex and I might be taking a trip together in March. Heck, we might as well get remarried but perpetual dating is much more enjoyable.

Beyond that - get my apartment in order. It looks like a college student's apartment, and I'm way too old for that crap.

And there's always studying.

Have to get ready for a child abuse prevention presentation next week too. My least favorite age group -
                    8th graders. I really like kids and do this class for all the middle and high schools, but 8th graders seem to be stuck in crazy land. Difficult to manage and difficult to reach.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

the ocean, yes I come alive, the smell of the salt air the sound of the waves crashing.

Indeed.

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Hi everybody,
                        MKR, I'm so glad you are feeling better!

This weekend I'm painting my new playroom..I'm still purging stuff left and right..a friend hauled off a small pick up truck full of crap this morning! I feel 10 pounds lighter. The weekend feels manageable..for the first time in ages I don't feel like I have a ton of stuff I HAVE to do!

I am having 18 people over for Thanksgiving so will be working that out..in a moment of unconsciousness, I told my oldest daugther that her in-laws were welcome to come (I don't like seeing my daugther feel like she has to be at 3 different places on Thanksgiving to make them happy...) Well, it's fine with me but my other 2 children sound dissappointed that we've invited """those people"""" - so I have to make sure we have lots of private time before and after...here is the suffering people pleaser..Oh well, my other two kids need to be a little more selfless and less judgemental of their older sister and her different status in life! OK, I think I just vented...

lovely day here in Georgia..getting a big chilly.

Have a great day all!
                        dianne

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Well it's almost 9:00 here, so it's almost noon in Fla., are ya napping yet Allie? Hopefully dreaming of tea pots & fortune cookies!:l

MM- a feast for a 100? Just reading your post makes me tired! I'm lucky if I don't burn a frozen pizza!

Hawk-Hope you're feeling better today. I've had a lump for about 15yrs, had it checked out by a Dr. who said to keep track of it ... if any changes occur. So far none. But I've had many Drs. not even notice it... (and it's not small!) Guess that's why they get the BIG bucks!

Fan- I'll bet you're kids are great. They obviously have a wonderful role model ... you should be very proud.

Tracy- I work weekends, so my hardest times are usually during the week, when I know I don't have to be anywhere, for a few days... till Friday rolls around! I've always been a bit off tho!

Lush- the football game sounds like fun! You should try & get Jen to come & cheerlead with you! If I wasn't working I might come up... I still know a few moves!

SM Mary- How're ya doing Sweetie? Hope Hubby's not driving you nuts yet...

Gypsi- Hope you're able to get some time to stop in... Thinking & Praying:h

MKR- How're you doing? we've been missing each other here. You're not snowed in are ya?

Becca- Did you get that "double wide" with the storage unit straightened out yet? Hee hee
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Hello to all the muffins!!!

Allie, sorry your hubby won't be around for Thanksgiving..that's a bummer..hopefully the gifts from China will help make up for it!

Tracy- I cringe thinking about the study crunch times..glad those days are over

MM- nice to see you as always, I have always enjoyed reading your posts..you have so much energy..I wish some of it would rub off on me today

Fan- I had school conferences for my kids as well this week..all good and good to hear..It's funny you say your kids are good citizens..we call my eldest "The Citizen" because he always does everything by the rules

Hawk-SO glad to hear you're having a great day!

Lush-Nice to see you too as always, good luck with your buzy day

MKR-Love your Universe sayings...I'm a true believer in change your thinking, change your reality

Hello to Rachele, St Jude, Mary Anne, Gypsi and everyone else I may have missed

Tonight we leave on our Thanksgiving trip...8 hour drive to a beach house and I haven't finished packing!!!I will be out of touch for 10 days as I don't think the beach house has internet:upset: But, I'm excited to see my sister, brother, grandmother, aunts, uncles, cousins,ect ect.. It is really going to be a challenge to keep my drinking in check..My sister is a big drinker and I will be spending most of my time with her. I'll try to be the good influence on her instead I'll check in again later as I am freaking out at the prospect of not having internet access soon!
                            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Yes, hello to Dianne and Becca as well!!
                              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                              X