Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Happy weekend!
    I think? Okay -- I woke up to my voice mail of my husband saying he had safely arrived in China after a 15-hour flight (not to mention the flight from here to Dallas, from Dallas to LA, the three hour layover in LA). Anyway, he arrived there with no sleep only to have to take his client out to dinner! LOL! Did I go back to sleep? Yes.

Secondly, my daughter calls about 30 minutes ago. She is out of town for the weekend on a crew regatta. For those of you unfamiliar with crew -- it is that sport where the kayaks lined with people in single fashion race. Anyway, you have to live near water for the school to have it, so many people ask me what crew is!

She went to south Florida for a 5K weekend race. Her boat capsized this morning and they were a mile out to sea. But so did almost every other boat. She just called me hysterical and told me she loved me and she thought she was going to die out there! They called in rescue teams to get all the capsized boats in, a total of nine! She said girls were all a mile out at sea swimming, screaming and rescue boats were going around picking them all up. She is safe at shore, but my heart is a mess! Needless to say - the race is called off because the waves are too high. She said her boat capsized because a wave was so big it came over their boat.

Sigh..... Okay... upping my wine to 3 three tonight. Becca, can I come to your party tonight?

Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Allie, that is just terrifying. I am sorry they even attempted to go out in the water if it was that bad. I hope you are calming down and I hope you get to see your daughter soon. What a morning you have had. I think Becca's party sounds fun too. Maybe we can go together????
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

I'll pick you up Lush ..... around six? :H

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Allie that sounds terrifying for your daughter! Thank God the water's not as cold as is here! But being in ruff surf like that...IS SCAREY even in warm water. I'm so glad she's ok. Hope the kayaks were unharmed too.

Glad your Hubby arrived safely. Air travel can be such a pain in the B*tt these days! It is nice to finally arrive...

There was a sea kayaker and his dog that got carried out past the river bar last week into the open ocean, and had to be rescued by the Coast Guard. They were very lucky as the surf is extremely high & ruff right now, and the water is only about 51*!! You don't last long in that temp, sharks or not!

Had a pretty mellow night @ work last night. Summer season has definately ended... I even had a few minutes to stand out by the water & watch a beautiful sunset! One of the perks of the slow season.:h
        Had 3 glasses of wine after work last night, & relaxed surfing MWO, & watching silly movies.

Sunshine today! Have a great Saturday Everybody! Hugs, Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Allie, that's scary. I'm glad she's okay.

I'm not feeling well today, head cold stuff, and may keep it low key. I'm doing laundry, sorting through video, anything to postpone homework.

I'm trying to get a little clip from my son downloaded online for family. If I'm successful, I'll post a link. It depicts his amusement with my pre-flight anxiety.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Happy Saturday all -
            Check checking in to let everyone know that I'm still alive and kicking!
            We're doing ok up here; spouse has finished his radiation treatment, and won't start chemo until after the holiday, so we get a bit of a break. Got family coming in starting tomorrow, so I'm desparately trying to get the house done before they get here. Since we had to move our bedroom downstairs and my office upstairs, getting the house ready for the holidays is a much bigger job this year than it usually is. Oh well, keeps me from thinking (and drinking!) too hard, so that's a plus.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Hugs to all of you :l
            :teeter:

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Hi Everybody!! Gypsi, glad you are getting a break for the holiday. Allie, I'm glad that your daughter is ok. My son was in the Annapolis Yacht Club for ten years starting at age 5. My Mom and I used to stand on the peer and watch them intentionally capsize their boats for training purposes. I have to admit, my heart would be in my throat everytime and that was under controlled circumstances. I think you desire those three glasses of wine!

I did real well during the "birthday stuff", actually exceeded my goals. But, I am soooooo tired. I made roast turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy for 100 for Synogogue today and had two sheet cakes. I didn't get in until 11:30 p.m. last night. Sat up with hubbie til 1:00 a.m. Got up at 5:30 a.m to help my son with his religious studies. Picked up my mom for the service and just walked through the door. Exhaustion doesn't even begin to describe how I feel. It will be no problem sticking to my goal tonight! I am going to have two glasses of wine by a nice, warm fireplace (the weather took a serious turn for COLD), have my Havdallah Service (closure to the Jewish Sabbtoh -- we also prepare for our Christian worship with sing along) and GO TO BED!! Hope to be there by 8PM

Hope all of you continue to do well over the weekend.

Fondly,
              MM
              Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Hi,

Allie, it is very scary stuff, glad she is OK. glad hubby is in good shape also.

There was a point when my sons had gone back to VI for the summer and I found out their dad had been way to irresponsible with their lives and to me they were still in the tender ages of 11 and 8. I basically told him, if he even considers, not having enough water, food, life vests, takes them out in dangerous seas etc (they ended up swimmming back in the dark and then hiking bare foot to the car two bays over.) He was not going to get to have them again for summer fun, he could come up here and visit but I was NOT sending them down there. First and only time I had to say that. the boys would never tell me the real adverture stories until years later. Curled my hair! GEEZ!

Judie, sometimes the slower times are OK because you know you are going to be up to your eye balls in work other times. Glad you got to enjoy a nice sunset, part of that get outside and enjoy life thing!

Tracy, sorry you are not feeling so hot today. I am putting off the invoicing by being over here on MWO!

Gypsi, I am glad to hear from you! having company may be a good thing. Nice that you and your husband have a short break from his treatments. Hang in sweetie, we are all praying for you. Enjoy Thanksgiving if you don't get back over to us.

E, so sorry you had a bad day yesterday. On the parade of homes here in NM this year, we walked into a home that had many windows but only a couple that opened. the whole house had a special hepa air system and let me say it was the cleanest air to breathe. I remarked on it the second we walked in then found out why, the owners wife had horrible asthma. I hope you feel better. any way to get an air filtering system put in? I bought two of those ion air exchangers for my parent house. They are big but my mom has them hidden and they are quite quiet. Even though they live in an area with out the large quantities of sand that we have, it still is dry but you can feel the air cleaner over there too.

Right on Judie, We live on over an acre where most of what we have is sand. We have a great view but it is so dry. You can dust and within an hour, the film is back add the dogs to it. Two huge wolf hybrids and talk about hair and dust balls! They drag it all inside.

Lost a lot of sleep last night over our cat Ivy. she is 13, well almost 14 and all of the sudden yesterday was acting quite strange and lethargic. She howled out in the middle of the night so I just sat with her coaxing her to drink some water. Vet is not back in until Monday and I am hoping this will pass. Not quite ready to give up on her.

Have a great weekend everyone. Love you all,
                Mary

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

MM, we posted at the same time. Glad you did so well. 8 sounds like a reasonable time to me! Protecting my sleep is one of the things that MWO has given to me without really hunting for it. Your body heals the best when you get some solid rest. Hugs, Mary

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

This site is a tremendous place to refuel and to learn so much! I am still very new and lurk more than post but find by coming here I can feel a balance ... I have a trendency to be a loner and I know that it not what I need now. Robin
                    I can fly ... I just don't know it yet

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Hi Robin, please keep coming around. We would love to have you.
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Neither of you are loners here. So stop that nonsense now.
                        I have still about twenty people at my house but remembered to check in here...it's kinda my rock and safe place that keeps me grounded. Thanks you guys, for doing that.
                        OH, Hubby just came back with MORE BEER.
                        I don't think I've ever been sober enough to even speak at the end of a party like this. I was so ... you know.
                        thanks again.
                        upped topa a bit to help. sorry if that's cheating, but whatever! I'm having fun watching the drunk people!
                        I'll catch up with everyone more tomorrow.
                        Did see about Allie's daughter... glad she's OK!
                        talk soon.
                        B

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Hey there, Mod squad -

Just sticking my nose in. In case you don't read the rest of the Boards, one of our beautiful oldbies, Katesm is having a difficult time and has asked for help. (See General - "So, my friends")

Kate has been incredibly supportive for the past 10 months. She has never asked for anything in return. She is still a total abstainer. Kate has now become a personal friend and I will phone her but I really feel she needs the support of the broader general "Community". I'm sure a lot of you have been touched by her warmth, compassion and humour.

So ... I guess I'm pointing you in that direction. Sometimes we miss the really urgent pleas for help.

Hope I'm not out of line here.

Tawny

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

Thanks Tawny!
                            I posted to her earlier today, but thanks for letting us/ ME know again. I have checked in several times today on that thread, and the friendship you have is awesome. Miracles big and small.... even over the internet!

Thanks again,
                            Allie

Comment

SATURDAY, NOV 18th

I will absolutely contact Kate.
                              Thanks, Tawny.
                              It's difficult to keep up on everything..
                              I appreciate this, as I consider Kate as a friend. Kate is my one and only sister's name. Not to say that has any influence on my strong "cybersister"'s name....

Comment

Working...
                              X