Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identity Management in the Workplace

Hello,

I am conducting research on how recovering alcoholics manage their identity in the workplace. I am looking to recruit some participants and will be posting more information soon. Any ideas on where else I can gather information would be extremely useful.
    Thanks!

MSUsenior;1012514 wrote: Hello,

I am conducting research on how recovering alcoholics manage their identity in the workplace. I am looking to recruit some participants and will be posting more information soon. Any ideas on where else I can gather information would be extremely useful.
    Thanks!
    Who are you conducting the research for?
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

and what is your methodology? Is this being conducted through a University, or Medical School/hospital and if so, which one, and what ethics processes and approvals are you going though?
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

MSU senior - sorry if my response seemed a bit rude, but this is a support community and not a potential sample population. If your research is genuine then you will have access to other populations from which to more robustly select your sample.

I'm not sure but is a senior a 3rd year Bachelors degree programme in the US? I think your research question is really terrific by the way and dreadfully under-researched.
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

interesting

MSUsenior;1012514 wrote: Hello,

Thanks!
          hi senior,they dont ? it is a very confidential illness,note i dont say desease,that is a matter of opinion still.let the so called researchers,worry about it,even tho they dont have what we got,or maybe they do and hide it well, would you like everyone in your work place to no,youve been through treatment.i do beleive that is how most companies handle it.CONFIDENTUALITY .or so they say ?it was in my case after the treament was done.the answer for your question can also be found on a computor archives,research,seeing you seem to be a so called normal person,find an AA meeting,and tell them your doing a study,or go to your closest hospital,sike ward,find the closest rehab center or detox.this is the most under recognised illness in the world.talk to your politicians,maybe there one of us.it is great that youve taken an interest,as far as i no,in the next decade or so it will as it is now,one of the most funded,illnesses in the world, BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS of dollars,and the sad thing is there is no answer,but to the person inflicked. JUST STOP DRINKING not so easy for many gyco

Comment

Working...
          X