Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of control

HI,

I'm Mandy, 34 and my life is out of control.

I have been drinking since i was 15, but over the last few years it has taken over my life. It was the reason my marriage ended in divorce, and as of today the reason my latest relationship is probably over.

I have been living in Melbourne for almost a year and have not made one friend. I don't go out because i end up falling over drunk and do things i can't remember.

I don't know who i am sober.

Does it get better?

Am i alone?

Out of control

Hi Mandy

Welcome here. I'm Australian too. I joined a while ago, fell off but am back!
    I know exactly how you feel about not knowing who you are when sober and losing relationships and, indeed, whole chunks of your life when drunk! I've been drinking for about 25 years and till about a week ago, I thought there couldn't be a life without alcohol nor could I make friends without alcohol. But believe me this is the best I've felt in all those years! It's very very difficult but I wish I was your age when I discovered something was wrong and sought help! You've got lots to look forward to and this is the best place to get help and support. (Again, I've tried every other treatment under the sun, and this is the only one that "clicked" and, is actually working!!).
    So I know some of the more "experienced" and inspirational MWOers will be able to offer lots of advice support and direction, just as I find every day when I log on, just wanted to say hi and that it really is worth it to do something now
    Best wishes
    blondie

Comment

Out of control

Blondie

Do I know you?

golfGirl

Comment

Out of control

Aloha Mandy!

What a blessing this wedsite has been for me! Get the book, read it, and get started on the Sups ASAP. You will start to feel better and life will have a meaning to it after all.

While I haven't lost my husband or daughter, i suspect that if I had stayed on the path of destruction I was on, serious problems would have arisen.

Somedays it's one minute at a time, a second at a time, or an hour at a time. But I can tell you it will get easier. I don't wake up anymore, looking forward to drinking when I get home from work. I've started to exercise, eat better, sleep better, and I think I even look better. You will too!

I opted out on the Topa. My Dr. said it's too hard on the liver. I'm sure my years of abuse on my body has taken it's toll on my liver. and...I'm doing fine without it.

Hang in there and know that while you are home trying this by yourself, you are not alone!

Much Aloha,
        Mauigirl

Comment

Out of control

Golfgirl

I don't know? Don't recognise your name? What makes you ask
          blondie

Comment

Out of control

Hey Mandy, you are not alone out there. I'm from Sydney, get the book have a read and get started this programme has life changing potenial. Mate if you need to talk don't hesitate we are all here to help each other. I am only new but have found everybody here to be very inspirational and extremely supportive. Kim
            Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

Out of control

Hi All, newbie here. My wife found this site and after reading it for a few weks decided to join up and get some added support for my "condition". I have beena drinker since about 15-16, almost 46 now. I went into a residential treatment center but it didnt help much. Too much indoctrination!! I have my daily struggles but have made some big strides in my quest to clean up..

We have decided to move to Maui early next year, kind of to get out of the cycle of addiction that I have encountered here. It`s a battle but one I hope to win...Glad to be here, and have wonderfull holidays everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X