Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Nov. 19th

Hi all,

Just lately I have spent so much time catching up with news there has been no time left to post!!!!!! It doesn't mean I don't care. I do. About all of you.

Hubby and I worked in the house all day yesterday stripping ( wall paper) and putting plasterboard. on the walls. By ten o clock at night I was hungry and craving ( u no wot). Hubby sat with his CHARDONNAY and I sat with my Vimto ( a North UK fruit cordial). I nearly caved but I have only 3 more days to go to make the 30 AF. But somehow that made it harder. What will 3 days matter? came Lucifer's call.

Am glad your daughter was fine Allie.

Thanks for alerting us to Katiesm, Tawny.

Gypsi,
    am thinking of you every time I look on here, and you too SM.

Eustacia,
    My daughter has two air purifiers in her house. She has them on all the time she is in the house and they have made an enormous improvement to my grand-daughter's breathing. My aunt had asthma and she swore by Olbas oil but it smells vile...

Love to all as always, and happy Sunday ( I'll be back to plastering- as opposed to getting plastered! )

Love Waves x

ps. my plan for after 30 is on long term moderators. (I want advice. )Please feel free to look and to pull it to pieces or suggest improvements as I want mods to work. I love it here. And in Alaska too of course.
    Enough is enough

Sunday Nov. 19th

Good Morning Awesome Muffins!
    I too, have been so busy that I just don't have time to post..I've been trying to catch up with everyone's at night by reading and than I'm just too tired to add anything..but I think about it...really wanted to get in on that post about family...famliy dynamics...next time.
    Waves--you are doing amazing! 30 days AF!?? Incredible! I can so relate to so many of you on here--
    Rach--don't feel like you have to give quit the topa because of the expense--but maybe titrate down...I was trying to do 200, but than I think I might just stick to 150..the other night all I wanted to do was drink (sorry!) ..but that topa made the wine taste gross..so I ended up throwing it in the sink...and I was annoyed...but isn't this where I wanted to be????
    Becca--I here you loud and clear about your fears when your dr. is saying that it may be time to titrate off the topa...and all we want to do is continue to put our kids to bed sober DOCTOR!!
    Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for my husband--he will make a full recovery--he is home and not going back to work anytime soon (sigh) but that's fine (ugh--oh did I say that out loud?) and every thing will be back to normal in a few months..recovery time for open heart surgery just takes awhile and I'M the one that has to realize that.
    Allie--your daugther sounds so adventurousome---but oh the worries that go with being a mom of one of those!!
    Gypsi--stay strong!!
    MM, Hawk, Laura, MKR, Jen, Judie, Mike, Molly,...gosh, I know I'm missing half of you and I don't want to do that...I love you all! You have kept me so strong and sane--I run to this board after I tuck my kids in bed and my husband in bed (with his $80,000 heart) and than I sit down and unwind and know that this is the place that I need to be to keep me taking these baby steps up this ladder in front of me!

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Congrats, Wave! You will manage the last three days. Something about hunger can turn ordinary craving into riotious craving.

SM, glad your husband is on the mend. It sounds like it's been a long road.

My ex came over last night. I drank entirely too much. Good thing the drink tracker includes question marks. I'm going to go up to 50 on topa - step 2. Also, I'm going to sit today and do those hypno tapes - make myself sit through them whether I'm hearing them or not.

What's up with being married to a guy for 28 years, leaving him and getting a divorce only to start dating him? It's difficult to explain to people - introductions are clumsy. "This is my _______ (friend, boyfriend, ex-husband, future husband, favorite addiction, most insistent obsession?)

I also need to buy stuff to make turkey dinner today. I haven't cooked one in a couple years, since I left my husband, and don't have any TXgiving paraphernalia. Looking forward to it though - I miss cooking for people. I hope everyone doesn't wind up in front of the TV like most years. Many years ago, I got so disgusted with it that I took a hammer to the TV (I had been drinking heavily, of course). Worked out real well - I felt like an idiot and hubby got to buy a bigger, better brand-new TV. :sigh:

I trust no electronics will suffer my wrath this holiday season.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Tracy forgive me for laughing OUT LOUD over you with a hammer and the TV. I am sure that was quite the display!!!! I think it says a lot about your relationship with hubby that you are still so close and "dating." You must have quite the connection.

Waves, if it makes you feel any better this 30 days has dragged on for me and I am not the one abstaining. I keep thinking your 30 days are over and then I find out they are not. You have so much strength, especially with your hubby drinking in front of you. I just know you will do so well with moderating and am very proud of you!!!! :l

SM, I am glad your husband is doing better each day and while I am sure you are under a lot of stress with him not working you seem to have the right positive attitude. You always bring a smile to my face.

Got into a PMS rage with my husband during a football game last night and instead of drinking I was good and left and went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping. I was very proud of myself because normally I would have gone to my fave sushi place and drowned my sorrows but instead I did something productive and feel good this morning. My question is what the hell are people doing at a mall on a rainy Saturday night at 5:30??!!!!! Craziness.

Becca, sounds like you behaved yourself yesterday. Bravo!!! Allie, hope you are doing okay today. Are you all finished with Christmas decorating???

To all of the rest, a huge group hug. Happy Sunday to all!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Tracy, now I'm not going to throw any hammers at the tv, but I sure could use some ideas for some new, SIMPLE Thanksgiving Day recipes..I'm determined to keep it easy--for me! As I'll be doing all the cooking, cleaning...ha! What's new any way.
          Luschy--I'm so proud of you for going shopping instead of drinking!
          Gotta run to a soccer game!!
          mary

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

"Finished" Chistmas decorating?... Lush dear, it's not even December yet!! You're starting to sound like my Aunt Alice (who I love dearly, by the way), but who has that much energy? I haven't even started... Although I did do some shopping yesterday, funny ... most of the stuff I found was things I like! I did get a few gifts tho.

Waves- Right Arm!:thumbs: 30 days coming up! I know what that's like to the Hubby drinking a beer right next to ya. Grrrrr. You sound very strong & determined though, that's great!

Sm Mary- Glad to see you got pop in. I'll bet things are still a bit hectic ... to say the least @ your house. Keep your chin up girlfriend:l .

Tracy- Your post cracked me up! A hammer @ the TV! Ever heard that John Prine song about....
            "blow up the TV, throw away the paper, move to the country, build us a home.
            Have a bunch of children, eat a lot of peaches
            try & find Jesus, on our own".....
            actually, anyone that hits a TV with a hammer.... you probably ARE a big John Prine fan!

Well it's getting dark out again...pouring down cats & dogs & wild turkeys! Just had 4 of the beasts eating out of my flower planters on the front deck, God, those guys are UGLY!!

Happy Sunday Everybody! Hugs & love to all!

Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Not me. It is Allie. She already has her tree up and decorated!!!! Somebody help her....

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

That is just not right! And she's probably out running on the beach in a pair of shorts in the sunshine!! :durn: :nutso:
                At least we know she won't get a WHITE Christmas...

Nor will we Lush, but I'll be willing to bet it's a "WET" one!
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

I'm going to try desperately to get into some sort of festive mood this year...altough it seems like I say that every year. Decorating for Christmas drains me...I suppose it shouldn't be like that.
                  Shopping --I'd rather hang myself...by the way---now when I do go to shopping...instead of drinking--I'm amazed too Luschy, at how many people are out and about doing such productive things!! Wow! The years I've spent not knowing people actually get out and about after 6pm!
                  Oh--my son just lost his indoor soccer game 15 to 0...sad faces around here.
                  No white Christmas for me either....
                  Topic: What ideas do you have to help you get into a festive/thankful/appreciative mood this upcoming holiday season? To make you anticipate the reason for the season??
                  Love you all!!

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

I think traditions are really important. We have a ton of Christmas CDs that we put on the day AFTER THanksgiving since decorating before Thanksgiving is against the rules (ahem Allie!!!) and the whole family decorates and I make hot chocolate and (oops) I drink mimosas. We have always been a Christmas family though and we have an extensive decoration collection so it is fun to pull everythign out every year. I wish I could have you all over for a party. C'mon SM, no room for being a scrooge this year!!!! And I agree about shopping. I DESPISE it which is why I am so thankful for the internet. I just about finished up my shopping this morning online. I know, how about inviting your pretend avatar family over and get to know them? That might boost your spirits!!!

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Okay..there is just no room here for making fun of me for having that pretend family as my first avatar. I was actually all proud of that avatar---took a lot of time researching the perfect one and thought that's what I would like to look like---
                      and than after it was mentioned that that real lady might not take kindly to being on an alcohol recovery board---well.....it did make sense for me to change it.
                      Okay---I am not going to be a scrooge..seems like I usually can be the one to put smother the fun out of things and I just don't want it to be like that..you know "if mama's not happy...than nobody's happy.." (no, I'm not a redneck..(no offense to any rednecks..))
                      Maybe if I start decorating early --and getting the house all cheery it will put me in the Christmas spirit..I'll have to take the tree out of the attic branch by branch since hubby won't be able to help..that could take weeks...I better start today.
                      Oh----And I'll BE at your party!

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

LMAO!!!! And who would this new lovely stranger be?? Hmmmmm???!!!! I can just picture you sweating up a storm, all angry as you go up and down, up and down, one branch at a time, cursing my name out. "That Damn Lush. Can't she keep anything to herself?". Thanks for the laugh, even if at your expense.

From one smotherer of fun to another. I love you SM!!!!

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Yeah, well that's not me either..obviously..as she confidently holds her balls, I mean ball, in the palm of her hand...she'd be happy to know she's on this board too, I'm sure!
                          Love you too! Gonna go walk with hubby! I need to walk too!

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

I have learned to shop smart -- I am an Amazon person & take advantage of the perks. I am one who suffers from anxiety & it is the little things that can cause anxiety for me -- like trying to ship a package in time! Amazon has relieved that for me... so much is simplifying... I still cannot seem to get it right as KI am still drinking not heavily but not normal behavior either. I have alot of work to do
                            I can fly ... I just don't know it yet

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

I have learned to shop smart -- I am an Amazon person & take advantage of the perks. I am one who suffers from anxiety & it is the little things that can cause anxiety for me -- like trying to ship a package in time! Amazon has relieved that for me... so much is simplifying... I still cannot seem to get it right as I am still drinking not heavily but not normal behavior either. I have alot of work to do... how can I get moving?
                              I can fly ... I just don't know it yet

Comment

Working...
                              X