X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday the 19th of November

Well, it's me again !!!

Where has everyone gone?

Just checking in to start the day - hope everyone is ok .... We've got over another AF weekend - Hooooray !!!

Me n Lee spent last night listening to Nina Simone !!! FAB - haven't done that in a long time - just listening to music ( and sober ) ... After going to AA - I still have an open mind about the whole concept of AA - I feel really uncomfortable saying the prayer at the end - I feel like I'm lying...

Also we watched I'm a Celeb ( get me out of here) - David Gest has turned out to be quite a sweetheart :H

Well, we are going to have a Full English now ( how mad is it that your appetite returns tenfold when you don't booze !!! )

so will speak later
    kisses to all XXXXXX

I KNOW! When does the weight drop off! Good article in the Mail on Sunday You Magazine today, all about how alcohol has loads of calories and no nutrients! and it sits on the middle! AGHHHH

Comment

Hi Lizzie and Mary, and all to come.

Lizzie, you are just up before all the rest of us, that's why you get to start the threads so often! Sorry....Also sorry that you get creeped out about saying the prayer at the end of AA. Maybe you can just think of it as part of the ritual?? Remember to try to take what's useful to you and let go of the rest?? Hope that helps, love.

Hi Mary, too! I know that the weight is just creeping off on me, just like it crept on--a little at a time.

One of the issues of having my sister in the house is the fact that she loves junk food. I find myself nibbling (more than nibbling really:eeks: ), and I've seen a few pounds creep back on! Yikes! I have to get a handle on that one soon! SHE can nibble, I can't--I gobble.

At any rate, today is another day of moving furniture around. We're putting the kitchen table into storage and moving the dining room furniture into the kitchen and hopefully, we can go buy a new office desk and make a corner of the big living area into an office for me. It should make the house feel more spacious and easier to clean. I am definitely in the mood to streamline my life!!

I am soooooo looking forward to a 4-day weekend next week. I've been working so much lately--that's why I haven't been posting much either.

I hope that everyone has a good AF day.

Hugs to all,

Kathy:l
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Hello to all-

I did not drink yesterday. I will not drink today.

Peace

Comment

Hey Helen Mary... Fine words lady XXXX We get The Mail on Saturday... has a wicked crossword in the back.. But afraid to say ... News of the world on Sunday ( hanging my head in shame !!! ) hee hee. So how about no carbs diet??

And to Kathy, my word.. it does fathom you out. And maybe me reading my Recovery Bible will help...
          Still a bit sceptical though... maybe that will pass..???

And to Lucky Duck... keep on paddlin !!! XXXX You are a Superstar ( YUM YUM )

See yuz laterx ( Where's my mackers? and The Gabbs )

Comment

Twas me - soz ---- I came on as unreg .

Comment

Inviting myself in....

Hello Everyone. I'm new here and today is only my first day but I plan to stay abstinent and I wanted a group to join (besides the newbies group). So here I am!

I am SO glad to have found this place. I'm not much of a group sharer (like in AA) and I hate to talk on the phone. But give me some friends in my computer and I' m ready to go!!

Thanks in advance for your support! I can see that I will get plenty of it here! :thanks:

Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

LTLM.. How? did you do that??? the heart thingy!!!

WELCOME to you XXXX

Comment

Hi Lizzie,

Thanks for the welcome. Go to tickerfactory.com to create a ticker. I was hoping to add it to my signature but they aren't allowing for pics in the signatures. So instead I just clicked on the Insert Image button above and pasted the URL to my ticker in there. I will have to do that everytime I write a post.....we'll see if I actually REMEMBER!!

Hopefully the mods will allow the pics.

Let me know if you need any help.

Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

Morning Liz and Helen and Kathy! And everyone else not here yet.

I gained about 10lbs between quitting smoking and now no drinking. I tried atkins last year and lost 15lbs but it came right back about 6months later- plus an extra 5lbs!
                    Now, I've decided to try to work it off at the gym.
                    I have a friend who has decided to quit smoking- pack a day for the last 22 years. She is worried about weight gain. I told her - so what if she gains a few pounds? I told her to expect it and eat pie if she needs to - quitting is so much more important. She can lose it later. Easier said than done, I know. Reminds me...I should go to the gym today:sigh:

I'm beginning to feel more comfortable telling people that I'm not drinking. I had a hard time with it because it went along with admitting that I had an issue. I've been doing a little confessing about how much I'd been drinking....kind of a relief to say it out loud. And to my great surprise the world did not come to an end!
                    It has made it easier to not drink too- today is day 22 I believe. I talked to a friend last night - talked to her as she was drinking wine. I said I wasn't drinking and she said 'oh, right, your doing 30 days no alcohol right?" It was all positive...she said she was thinking she should do the same - really cut down.

Anyway- just wanted to say good morning and hope you all have a great day today.
                    Lizzie- I had such a nice pic in my head of you and lee listening to music together-what a nice evening.
                    Kathy- good luck on moving the furniture today! no cheese doodles today
                    Hi Helen...I;m waiting for that alcohol to leave my middle!
                    Have a great day everyone!!
                    Lisa

Comment

wow...missed a lot of people....guess it took me 20 min to write that!!
                      HI EVERYONE!

Comment

Hiya Everyone....I managed to have a bit of a Tiff again With Mrs Macks on yet another anniversary...We must be cursed....So decided yesterday to have a day away from the computer and spend some quality time with her...I went fishing early this morning and still cant feel my toes...
                        Just a flying visit for now....Will be back hopefully later on with a bit more time
                        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Welcome LTLM - this is a good forum! I check in at least 8 times a day, sometimes I say something sometimes I just read! Its very inspirational. (I also get News of the World Lizzie )

I can't get used to this timezone thing! I am posting this at 17.20 on Sunday evening!

H
                          :welcome:

Comment

Anybody watch 28 days yestaday , is that what rehab is realy like?
                            The budgie is doing fine stands on my finger already .
                            Im still Af, im back on the antabuse as i dont trust myself.
                            Be good
                            phil

Comment

Hiya Phil... the word Antabuse makes me feel sick already... Good Luck X

Well.. I have dropped off the 'wagon' yet again guys... 'No sugar Sherloc'k based on my last post.

Lee has gone ( I don't blame him ) and Daisy has just eaten 4 Raw sausages that Lee flung around the kitchen... so Poorly Doggies 2moz

I wish Lee had gone fishin with you Mackx ... Chill him out a bit... He doesn't go to Rugby anymore, maybe this is where the anger is surfacing ??

Had 1 bottle of wine.... does that count??

Comment

Working...
                              X