Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, 20 November

Good day, Absville

Hope everyone had a great w-end. I sure did. First AF w-end in a long time. I'm into my 5th day AF now, and have this great feeling of regaining my life, productivity, well, yes, and self-esteem.

Friends, and that's all because of your ongoing support and posts. I have to especially thank Paige here for the eye-opening posts detailing his/her problem. But also kind posts of Gabbs (whom I haven't see only for a while, hullo where are you), Mike from Alaska (Mike what's happening there? You're OK?), and of course our one and only Kathy. Thanks to Lush and Tawny as well. And Tracy A, you're great company, too. And so is everyone else I forget to mention (Alcohol is a preserving liquid, yet does not seem to work with brain cells, grin ...).

By the way, I'm on back on Campral now. Have not had the gutts to dig into Topa-Dopa. Too scared of the side effects. Anyway, Campral seems to work for the time being.

Well ladies and gents, I wish all you beautiful people a great week. And hang in there.

Love:l
    Paddy
    Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Monday, 20 November

Monday 20 Nov

Hello Paddy et al
    Yes great w'end AF; who'd have thought just 2 weeks ago?!! I'm now on day 9 (fingers crossed nothng upsets me tonight, but I seem to have got a new and different strength from somewhere!) Just enjoying each minute being lucid and not worrying too much about how to cope without alcohol in the future, especially over Christmas etc! And especially getting so much from reading/lurking here every day; learning something new all the time usually something that sends me off in a new direction to discover more tools to help me! So powerful and inspirational.
    Thank you everyone.
    Best
    blondie

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Hello Guys,

Day 4 today. All is well except for the sleeping. I wake up and feel as if a truck has ran over me. Weird dreams as well. Has anyone experienced this. Looking forward to a productive AF weak. Have a good day guys.

Comment

Monday, 20 November

I am back on Day 1 after having been AF for 6 days ... weekends kill me. To boot I brought campral with me on business and it is no longer here in my hotel room -- would a maid want to take it? UGH I assure you that I drank moderately too this weekend but I did drink and my skin looks like garbage -- Irish skin shows all! Well, I am considering TOPA -- I have it and have discussed it with my Dr. perhaps just to get me past that 2 week point! I was AF for two months but then I broke up with my boyfriend and ugh... I feel that if I am not aggressive I will tailspin through the holidays... any suggestions?
        I can fly ... I just don't know it yet

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Well, I feel that I should apologise to those whom I have offended... And Fiddlestix I should have a Bsc in offending... It's not clever OR funny... just SAD.

Well I spoke to Gabb till 7 AM ... She is a darling... Lee went off at some point in the night... I have broken the fruit bowl. And that is my release.... throwing things ( to avoid throwing punches ) What is wrong with me? DUE ON ... That is what - and now listening to a concert by Oasis - Guess what the tune is..... Cigarettes and Alcohol...

oh well... what a rubbish life this is.

Comment

Monday, 20 November

I did not drink yesterday, despite the latest insane Lizzie Mouse attack on me, and I will not drink today.

Peace to all-
            lucky

Comment

Monday, 20 November

I chose not to drink yesterday. Because of that I didn't have dirty dishes piled in the sink, I remembered going to bed and I have no guilt or shame this morning!!

Think I'll do the same again today!

Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

Monday, 20 November

I went back and read some of Lizzie's posts ... I am looking for help and support and am afraid that the nonsense created by her posts have prevented me from getting acquainted with all. Lizzie what is up? Do you post when lit? Oh my I am new but they are unnecessary and show anger ... I've done studpid things while lit but this is where we come to heal... perhaps I am out of line and if I am please forgive this post.

Comment

Monday, 20 November

LtLM well that made me smile - your avatar !!!!

Keep going ... you are doing a sterling job XXXX

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Imnewhere ... please don't say that... It's just ME - having a drink I am sorry sorry sorry ... just anger ...

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Apology accepted -- we are all working through hurt -- let's not make it worse! Remorse makes me want to drink more! Have a great day! I believe in fresh starts...

Comment

Monday, 20 November

You're ACE XXX

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Lizzie Mouse wrote: LtLM well that made me smile - your avatar !!!!

Keep going ... you are doing a sterling job XXXX
                          Lizzy

Isn't it nice to smile? Please don't take a drink today. Just don't.
                          Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

Monday, 20 November

I second that emotion - hang in there girl!

The Terror

Comment

Monday, 20 November

Good morning everyone,

And a happy belated birthday to YOU, Paddy! Congrats on your 5 days... it sounds like you are making a good start. Stick with it and things just get better and better!

I am around and doing fine.... other than a stiff neck for some reason. Must have slept wrong on the pillow I HATE that. But hey it is better than a hangover any day.

I'm feeling pretty good these days and don't fight cravings on a day-to-day basis any more. Don't get me wrong, the thought of a drink comes to me sometimes but I let it sort of float on by.... maybe that's the topa, or maybe it's me getting used to not drinking, I'm not sure. But what I'm working on is stuff that continues to make me feel better about myself, so that I won't want to drink in the future. I'm now quitting smoking (yikes!) and starting a "light" exercise program -- going from ZERO exercise to walking 1/2 hour per day, and a little stretching. It's all about wellness, the whole package deal...

What I'm finding is that since I stopped drinking I want to take better care of myself in other ways too. And it's part of the bigger picture of recovery, and adjusting to a new lifestyle and a new way of thinking and relating to the world. This business of recovery really is about so much more than just stopping drinking. I posted more about this today under the long term abs forum if you want to check that out.

Anyway I am off to work. Hope you all have a great AF day~

Mike
                              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Working...
                              X