Monday morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday morning!

Just getting the thread started.... check!

Monday morning!

Morning Becca!

Plan for today: Break this pattern of preoccupation with procrastination! Need to get some "Allie energy" going today. I hope I'm not on here much because if I am, it means I'm not getting much done.

Good Monday to everyone.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Monday morning!

Hello all - good Monday morning.
      I hope everyone is doing well!
      I was reading through and trying desperately to catch up on all the posts I have missed over the past few days, when in the "Just Startnig out" forum, someone posted a link to this site:

Women for Sobriety

The group is called women for Sobriety and I think their site/insights are really interesting. I did some reading and while I note that they only promote abstinence, I think there are some really interesting and important topics which are explored through this site - in fact, I was really impressed because it is a site dedicted to women, run by women (sorry guys )
      If you have a few mins, check it out!

I found particularly inspiring a list that one of the members put together - to remind her why she doesnt want to drink anymore. I thought we could tailor it to our needs - so why we dont want to drink TO EXCESS anymore? Anyaways - her list is linked to this message.
      I took her list and tailored it to me....I think its a good way to start the week, renew our goals etc.
      Love you all!
      Jen

Why I need to moderate/stop:

I gain weight
      I get dull, dry, splotchy skin
      I have red, puffy, tired eyes
      I give people a bad impression of me
      When I go overboard, I smell bad - and I am paranoid of this the whole next day
      I get to the point I can’t walk properly
      I get cranky and irritable when I’m hungover
      It’s sometimes hard to concentrate the morning after
      I have less interest in things that used to interest me
      I talk too much and reveal too much
      I don’t get things done I need to do (bills, household chores)
      I ignore my family and friends
      I back out of obligations
      I have to lie to cover up the fact I’m drinking or hungover, or planning to drink
      I injure myself
      I eat stuff I shouldn’t eat, or, more typically, don’t eat at all
      I get dehydrated
      I don’t sleep well or I sleep too much
      I waste days sleeping off a drunk
      I am filled with anxiety and guilt the next day
      I break stuff
      I don’t keep my place tidy
      I've driven when I shouldn’t
      I spend too much money on alcohol
      I worry when I run into people who may have seen me out drinking
      My hair gets flat and lifeless
      I smoke too much when I drink
      I sometimes black out and have no recollection of what I’ve done
      I sneak my drinking
      I lie to my family and friends about my drinking
      I call people I shouldn’t when I drink
      I risk adversely affecting my work reputation
      I lose credibility
      I don’t have any motivation
      I don’t do as good a job at work as I could
      I don’t exercise
      I've lost friendships due to my drinking
      I don’t have the energy to walk to work
      I feel edgy, nervous after drinking too much; not as alert as I should be, when I’m hungover
      I don’t dress as well as I should the morning after
      I make impulsive purchases
      I end up beholden to others because of my drinking behavior
      I get myself in bad and potentially dangerous situations
      I lose things when I drink
      I’m perceived as someone with a problem
      I embarrass myself and others
      I upset my family and embarrass them when I drink
      I don’t like to interact with other people
      I live with shame, regret and remorse.
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday morning!

Good luck with the chores and work, Tracy!
        I've got to get a lot done today too. Not working today. I DID end up taking that job with my old company. They made me "an offer I can't refuse"! It's basically a full time salary with 401K, benefits, vaca, mileage (it's a home care job), etc. for a 30hour per wk job. Can't refuse that! I am just going to work 4 days per wk, probably mon-thurs to get my 30 hours in. I can adjust hours as necessary for sick days, snow days, whatever comes up with the kids and pick up the extra hours on fri, sat or whenever. That's the nice thing about home care. It's extremely flexible. So no more pseudo stay-at-home mommydom for me for a bit. That's ok. My 5 year old has been in preschool 3 days a wk anyway, so he'll just be going 1 extra day. At 5 years old, I think this is good for him anyhow. He needs the discipline and structure!
        Also, I won't be on here every morning :upset: , but I'll be out early making $$. That's a good thing. AND, AND, AAAANNNNDDDD, it gives me yet another good reason to keep the drinking down during the wk. Driving around hungover and giving sub-par care is not OK with me anymore. (can't believe there was a time when it was just almost a standard a few days a wk).
        So, I ended up doing OKish at the party. Yes, I stayed coherent and outlasted every single guest. This does not necessarily mean that I don't think I drank too much overall. I'm glad the drink tracker has the ?? as an option too, because I'm just not sure how many. I was not counting. I drank water, I often took breaks in drinking to clean up (barely watched the game because I was constantly cleaning, putting out more food, getting this person one thing or another), but by the end of the day, I had had plenty to drink. I was tired yesterday. sigh. I need to start running again!
        Well, I do recommit quickly these days and was AF yesterday and will be again today. 2 days in a row... whoo hoo... My drink count was mid 30ish last wk. boooooooo. Mid 20's are better, teens are still the goal, 40-50plus was pre-program. Just a recap.

So what's up with the Bah-humbug on the mods board?? Get your butts out there and get shopping! I love it! I might do the day after thanksgiving thing!! I hope your trees are all looking nice, Allie!
        I'll try to get to more people today, I've got to catch up.
        Love all,

Comment

Monday morning!

just saw that list, Jen.
          wow. always trying to stay away from "that point".
          thanks

Comment

Monday morning!

Happy Monday everyone!

Well today feels like a good start to the week. I don't have any testings scheduled this week, but I did work on Saturday, and had a really productive day, and I have some testings scheduled in the weeks to come, so I don't feel like a total loser in the starting my own business department (at the moment). I am planning my Thanksgiving meal and getting ready for the holiday instead. I am making homemade sage dressing, from corn bread, fresh cranberry sauce, sweet potato pudding, and pumpkin soup. Still thinking about the veggies.

My mom of course offered to bring the wine (was there any question?) but I guess that is ok since it would be rude to have none here at all. Others are bringing dessert. No pretty christmas tree to set up, since we are Jewish, but I guess cooking will keep me busy. Oh I am also making a turkey lol.

My drinking hasn't been great, but I am increasing my topa, and hoping that will help...plus working on increasing my own willpower, which has been pretty lax lately. I loved the post with the reasons not to drink, from woman for sobriety. I will have to check out that site!!

Well. 10:30 and I am still not dressed. Gotta get GOING!! Have a good day everyone!!

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

Monday morning!

Morning my favorite muffins!!!! Becca, congrats on the new job. Sounds like an awesome deal. And yes, doing that job hungover would be brutal so I am sure it will help keep you in line. Jen, that list made me cringe as there are too many things on there that I have (and sometimes still do) experienced too often. What a waste. Thanks for posting.

I have done no Thanksgiving shopping so will be doing it today. I love this week, getting ready for the big meal. It has become a special time between me and my daughther. She is old enough to make some of the side dishes. Woo hoo. I can feel my muffin growing, however, and I have to admit I have not been sticking to moderation very well, but I will be better after the holidays. I know, excuses, excuses......

Rachele, how you doing? YOu have been quiet lately. Hubby got any good leads lined up? Gypsi, I wish you peace this week and hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving. SM, Did you get the tree down from the attic yet, or were you only able to move a couple of branches? Maybe Allie can come over and help since she now needs someone elses house to decorate.

Group hug to the rest. Not trying to ignore, but I gotta get some work done so I can go brave the crowds to shop. Happy Monday to you all. I am very thankful.
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday morning!

Hey All,

The Universe says:

Pssst... This one's a best seller in forests and jungles everywhere!

"Self Improvement for Trees"

It's not very wordy, they like to conserve paper, but its one and only line goes like this, "No matter what else you do with your amazing life and no matter how challenging it may at times seem, never stop 'stretching' yourself as you reach towards the stars."

Hmmmmm... the 'stretching' part is quite good, I think.

So much space, so little time, huh?
                ***** The Universe

Jen, thanks for the list. I really appreciate that! focus is definitely one reason I come over here. I am needing some focus about now.

I actually had blood tests early yesterday morning so fasted and no alcohol on Saturday night. Found the 24 hour lab at the hospital fit my schedule better for a Sunday morning than any weekday.

Last night however, I started on the rum. It has been in the house for almost two weeks, daily calling me. . . DAMN . . .WHY??
                Anyway, my intention was to have 1 -2 shot drink, but by the second 2 shot, I was feeling that old, where's that bottle, HOLY COW where is my control? GEEZ! So at least I didn't start until late. I quit and went to bed.

I ended up with 5 more dinner guests for Thanksgiving, rearranging tables and set ups. So spent a fair amount of the day finding all those dishes, ironing table cloths, decorating tables, finding the champagne glasses as we will toast my oldest and his bride to be. Anyway, I decided this morning, I will NOT have any hard liquor on Thursday. I will only have a glass of wine at the dinner table and the champagne toast. If I feel I want a drink after everyone is gone, I may have one drink. Otherwise, how am I going to pull this off? I have for years, where I would have a couple shots before they all came over, to loosen up but I feel better NOT doing that.

Have to take the kittie in to the vet in a few. I am hoping we don't have to put her down but she sure went south fast yesterday. I am very sad about that one.

SM, Mary I get you on the shopping, I went with my sister for a couple hours yesterday. I hate shopping, she had such a nice time. To myself, I was like, here are more napkin rings two more table cloths and well, I am ready to get outta here!

We have Christmas and Hannakuh, which starts the 15th of December this year, tucked in there is our anniversary too. With my in laws in town we will be celebrating Hannakuh probably at our house.

Becca, I came home Sat afternoon and guess who what game was on tv? Hubby was for Buckeyes also. . . .I don't get this stuff. So glad you did so well at your party though!

Tracy, wow a hammer to the TV, we were discussing which TV and which room would we stuff some of the football fans into on Thursday. I was hoping the one off the LR, could be used for something like, music channels. We have women coming too. do have to have the screaming at the TV!

Hugs and Love to all,
                Mary

PS: to all I did not personally address, you know I love and am thinking about you.

Comment

Monday morning!

Just got back and my kittie has diabetes which she is almost in a diabetic coma. If she gets through this and they can rehydrate her, there are special diets for diabetic cats.

I am hoping they can as she is so special to me. She use to even wait outside the house for me to come home, when she would see me pull in the drive, she would jump down off the wall and walk me into the house telling me all about her day.

Hugs,
                  Mary

Comment

Monday morning!

Good Morning.

I did some shopping as well this weekend. The local PTA and such in our community does a shopping night at the Mall. They shut it down to the public. It was pretty cool, some good sales and not a lot of people.

Had a hard weekend, health wise. Didn't keep me from drinking yesterday, which really kicked me in the butt last night. I think this kitchen remodel added to all the other stuff going on has set off my Reflux Disease. I was so miserable last night. Hubby told me he'd better not see a cup of coffee in my hand this week. So no coffee, chocolate or red wine for a while. Is life really worth living without coffee, chocolate and red wine.

Mary, I am so sorry about kitty. My kitty Jasper had that towards the end of his life. He was 14. I still miss him. I think my new kitty Mike has a lot of Jasper in him. I like to think so anyway.

Molly, Have fun cooking with your daughter. My son and I are making oatmeal cookies tonight for his Heritage Feast at school tomorrow. I did not know that Oakmeal cookies were Irish. The Internet is an amazing thing.

Becca: You have probably done this, but when you get a chance, can you go over the Week Limit stratagy you use. Also, your Avatar looks so much like one of my old neighbors, it scares me.

Jen, thank you for the list, I am going to start adding these things into my affirmations with my hypnos.

Have a productive day Fan, and a great day to everyone else.

Talk soon,
                    Laura
                    Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Monday morning!

Hi All

Hi all, If you don't mind i'd like to join in and say good morning (although here it's 20.45 so it's probably good evening for me). Thanks to those of you who have replied to my recent posts.

I've cut dowm from 3 bottles of wine to 1 for the last three nights and tonight i am going for my first AF night......

Take care everyone, Paula xx
                      sigpicXXX

Comment

Monday morning!

Hi all,

I can't believe there were 6 threads to read and that was just on mods!!! I feel like I need to stop work so that I can keep up on here!!!

Jen, your post was superb. Thank you so much. I have copied and pasted it into Word and adapted it for me. So many of those reasons were exactly right.

I'm going to print it and keep it next to the fridge to remind me if I am ready to fall over the next few days/weeks.
                        :thanks:

Love to all as always
                        Waves x
                        Enough is enough

Comment

Monday morning!

Hey Laura,
                          Old neighbor, huh? gross!
                          Just wondering what you meant by going over my weekly limit strategy. "go over" as in "it's not working, so do something else?" . The thing it does is allows me to track day to day and week to week. When I see the count getting high, it's WAY easier to not drink or to do a 2 drink day or something like that, rather than just saying "oh well, I'm already drinking a lot, I'll just start next wk, next month" or that kind of excuse. It keeps me pretty current. If I do look at it though, my problem is that if I hit my limit earlier in the week and still have events going on for the weekend, I don't stop. I just go ahead and drink those days, but still trying to be more aware than I was before (like the party Saturday where I just found out 2 of the guys who were here were throwing up in the middle of the night.... omg!).
                          Maybe you just meant my limit is too high.
                          Either way, I'm not offended. That's why I put myself out there like this. Sneaking around and pretending I wasn't drinking 50-60 drinks a wk wasn't getting me anywhere, obviously.
                          Actually, any input would be appreciated! Fire away.

MKR, you are the ideal moderator. You plan so far in advance and STICK TO IT! Nice job, and enjoy Thanksgiving. Sounds like a good plan! I'm planning early morning shopping to help me with keeping the drinking down. I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Still will be AF today. Hope everyone is doing well!

Comment

Monday morning!

becca

i think Laura meant please will you remind her of how your system works. HOpe the shins are behaving.
                            Enough is enough

Comment

Monday morning!

i'm back

had a really crappy time and drank far too much over Weds/Thurs but had very little over the weekend, well for me anyway, 1 or 2 drinks a day. am trying to get back on track.

i definitely drink when i'm trying to escape something, and i know that doesn't work so its time to start rationalising and stop hiding i suppose

Comment

Working...
                              X