Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday

Greetings Absville from beautiful OHIO!

This week is a time when we in the USA pause and say "thanks" for all the blessings we have.
    I've done "the" list before but I think maybe its time to revisit that idea.

My Tuesday list:
    My salvation
    My husband
    My family
    My home
    My health
    My friends (Yes all of you)
    Traveling mercies (It was a 700 mile drive)
    Grand-daughters to read and play and snuggle with.
    Shopping
    Pizza on paper plates....delivery too!
    A puppy named Charlie
    AF
    A warm bed......I'm going to crawl in it right now!
    I just wish you all a happy Tuesday and a Happy Thanksgiving and where ever you live .

Love, Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Tuesday

I'm not an American, but Happy Thanksgivings guys. I too have allot to be thankful for;
    - I'm on day 5 of my AF mission
    - My wife is still here
    - I discovered this place
    - I have made new friends here who have been very supportive
    - I now feel that i can gain control over my drink problem if I try

Thank you and have a nice day.

Comment

Tuesday

G'day Nancy.

Enjoy your holidays. I'm on my 6th day AF (congrats for day 5, animal). I'm working towards day 10. The thing is, cravings came back pretty badly a few moments ago, but I reminded myself how good I felt about not drinking, how self-respect has found its way back, and how much healthier I feel. I know, it's all psychological, but nevertheless. If I was to touch a drink tonight, I would have to rebuild this great feeling, and would feel totally crap tomorrow...

Sorry for rambling ....

Best to all Abbers,
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Tuesday

Good morning!

Hi All!

Nancy, it's good to see you back; I've missed your warm wisdom. I'm glad that you are enjoying your time in Ohio, and I hear that it is almost as cold in Alabama this week! BRRRRR....

Animal you are doing really well. I'm glad that you are finding things to be grateful for, and you deserve a big cheer for your hard work so far!

Paddy, no one could ever accuse you of rambling! I'm the Ramblin' Queen around here, with posts that are miles long about this, that, and the other thing...

I'm grateful about lots....

How good it feels to be AF
        My sister, who is such a help

My daughter

My mother, with whom I have been through the worst and the best

My friends here and the support they give me

The friends I have yet to make

God and the universe, who have showered me with kindness, despite my flaws...

My home, which is really starting to come together (and I can AFFORD!:H )

There is more, of course, but I haven't had my second cup of coffee!

Maddy goes to the cardiologist today. She is pissed off because the appointment is at 12:45--she is used to being able to have her appointments during a class that is boring and doesn't understand that Mr. Cardiologist doesn't run his schedule around her needs!:H Her college applications are due at the end of the month, so I am hoping that she will settle down again after that (until something else pops up, that is....).

style="color: #9932cc;">
        Back to putting together new furniture this morning. It is really lovely stuff (and quite solid) for my home office. My sister and I are getting quite good at this stuff! Watch out world.

At any rate, a good morning and a happy Tuesday to all who are yet to come today!

Hugs,
        Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday

happy thanks giving to all our american friends and to all who do not celebrate it i like animal am not american but i do not think it is a bad thing to sit and think about what we are thankful for so here is my list 1.for such a lovely beautiful son 2.for a wonderful mother who has been so supportive and always there for me when i needed her most 3.to my sister who us going to give me another niece or nephew in january (can,t wait to spoil ) 4.my brother just for being him 5.my brother in law cos he played his part in my future niece or nephew 6.to god for giving me the foresight to understand that i had a drink problem and for giving me the strenght and willpower to actually be 26 days af 7.for finding this site and to everyone who writes and replies to your posts without all your help it would be so much harder so i thank you all 8.just for being alive and healthy despite the abuse i have inflicted on my poor body over the years my list could go on and on but i better stop it there look who,s ramblin now hope you all have a lovely peaceful day and happy hols XXXmaryt

Comment

Tuesday

Bump!
            AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Tuesday

Hi Nancy and Animal and Paddy and Kathy!

Congrats on the AF days. I'm pretty excited that I'm getting close to 30- today is 24 af days for me.

Nancy - hope you enjoy yourself way up North! Stay warm. Did I miss Charlie? Is Charlie a new addition to your family? My grandmother had a basset hound named Charlie (well, his full name was Charlie Brown). Everyone knew Charlie in the neighborhood and often called my grandmother Ms Brown (her last name is James!) Anyway, he was quite the character. He would woof for caramels that were in a bowl on the china cabinet. Boy he loved those. Anyway....I digress... hope you have a wonderful time visiting.
              Kathy- hope the dr visit goes well for Maddy. You sound terribly busy!
              Animal - again congrats on day 5...Great Job!
              Paddy - Congrats on day 6! Great job! - I also find it helpful (when wine sounds very inviting) to concentrate on the things I like about being sober. When I looked at myself in the mirror this morning I smiled because I thought - 'you don't have to worry about bloodshot eyes this morning do you?'
              And I was thankful for that.
              other things I'm thankful for today:
              a clear head
              no hangover
              the extra 200.00 bucks I didn't spend on wine
              friends
              MWO
              knowing I'm going to have a sober Thanksgiving this year.

:l Lisa

Comment

Tuesday

Hey guys,

Sounds like everyone had a good day! Except Maddy! I hope her visit went well and that she is ok.

I'm loving being here with my grand-daughters! I had lunch today with the one in fourth grade. Then went shopping with my son. I don't get to do these things very often! It was a great day!

Lisa, Charlie is my son's new puppy. His goal in life right now is to eat the house! He is a German short hair something. Cute! Big paws and long ears. I think he is about four months old He is comic relief!

I loved reading all that you are thankful for.
                Have a good nights sleep all.
                Nancy:l
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Tuesday

I'm thankful that I will be spending Thanksgiving with a non-drinking crowd!! Now THAT is a blessing!

Tomorrow I get to wake up and not feel guilty. :yay:

Comment

Working...
                  X