I'm Ready to Give it Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Ready to Give it Up

I have had a destructive pattern since I was a young person--early teens in fact--I'm now in my mid-30's and am ready to quit hurting myself and my husband. I do not drink everyday (went through a period, though, where I did...in quantities that were very unsafe). But now, I seem to binge every month or so. I get very anxious and then end up accepting an offer from a friend/co-worker to go have a cocktail, which turns into several...and my poor husband is left at home wondering where I am.

Alcohol has caused nothing but problems for me, my entire life. I have (finally) come to the realization that I am no good at it. I mean, if I had an allergy to some food that could possible kill me, would I continue to eat that food? NO! Well, I consider that i have an alcohol "allergy"...combined with an occasional craving. It's time to stop. I have come to the realization that I will need to give it up altogether...I just do not think that I can have one or two every now and then. Once I start, I don't stop until it's too late.

I ordered my topa (hopefully it will arrive soon), I have purchased my supplements (all except Kudzu...will get some this week). I currently do not have enough money to order Roberta's book; hopefully next month, but I'm tapped out this month.

I'm really excited (and equally scared) by the prospect of this change. I'm looking forward to a better life, for myself and my family, and being more successful.

Thanks for being here, by the way, all of you. I was at a loss a couple of days ago and then found MWO, so YEA! and I appreciate you all. Although difficult to read and digest (some anyway), your stories are inspiring and I congratulate each and every one of you, for taking off the blinders (if just for a moment) and taking this important step.

Best wishes! :new:

I'm Ready to Give it Up

Good place to start

Good to have you here with us.
    You will find lots of support and inspiration from the people here.

Sounds like you have already done a great deal of thinking about the changes you want to make in your life and I wish you well.

You can download the book for free from this site - do it today.

Look forward to following your progress.
    Best wishes Changeling

Comment

I'm Ready to Give it Up

G'day Sadinsf,

Welcome on board. Keep posting. The posts are from people who are struggling like yourself. We're all in it together. Going through the rough times, but also through our successes. The fact that we're recording it all here makes for good reminders. It also strengthens our resolve to make our goals come true, as we made them clear in front of everyone.

Welcome again.

Love,

Paddy
      Paddy
      Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
      X