Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday!

Good Tuesday morning all!
    Just a brief one because I have to dive into work but hope all our lovely muffins and muffin men are doing well today!
    Just startin' the thread
    Love Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Tuesday!

Morning All,

Just a quick note before racing off to class.

Had a good night. Poured one small drink and last night and didn't even finish it. Topa works!
    Nice top off to the evening, Astronomy professor praised the mother and daughter in the class (me and mine) as be the only students to score 100 on the last exam.

Yikes, I'm late!

Catch up later on yesterday's thread. Everyone have a good day.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Tuesday!

I hate when people add to my workload. Why dont they just go away ?
      LOL
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday!

Hi All

Hi all, still not used to everyones names yet, but i'm sure i'll get there soon

I managed my first night AF last night & still not got my cd's delivered. Wish I could get hold of some Topamax in the UK it sounds soooo good.

Here's to my 2nd night AF tonight.

Take care all, Paula xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Tuesday!

There must be a theme today with being in a rush because I am as well. I overslept this morning, have a raging headache, feel a cold coming on and have a ton of work to do. So I will just say hope all of you are having a great day. Waves, is this day 30 YET? Nice job on the test Tracy!!! Paula, you can do it. Good job on one day under your belt.........Hugs to all.....
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday!

Hi all,

Paula good job!

Yep, I am behind at work . . . again.

Gotta take off tomorrow though to grocery shop and start the food prep for Thursday. I have 8 of my guests over 70 so it should be an interesting crew this time. I kind of get a kick out of the older folks though! Love the stories.

Thanks all who sent their good wishes to Ivy, my kittie. I feel so increibly STUPID, not knowing kitties could get diabetes. they said she was responding a bit more last night, when they talked to her, she did meow, so that is a good sign. Vet would not go into what would be done after she is out of the woods because he wasn't super confident she would be getting out of the woods. she is on IV and they are trying to bring her blood sugar down very, very slowly. Keeping my fingers crossed, sure felt her absense around the house last night.

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to all . . .For me this year, I am so thankful I found MWO and my wonderful friends on the MODS board.

Love you all,
            Mary

Comment

Tuesday!

Mary, don't feel bad about not knowing kitty was sick. I didn't know either until Jasper has gone from 12 to 7 pounds. You would think you would notice that, but I didn't. He was still chasing butterflies in the backyard, I thought he was fine.

Thank you for the info Becca. Interesting Idea. I think it might help me get those AF days in during the week.

I have a lot to do today too. But I am going to sneak out of work to attend the Heritage Feast at school. Shhh, the boss doesn't know!

Hello and welcome Tracy, I forgot to say hi yesterday.

Good day to all. Be back tomorrow.

Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Tuesday!

Hello
                :h :h :h :h

Comment

Tuesday!

Thanks all for the congrats re: test. Don't worry Laura - It's too hard to catch everyone, everyday. Good job, Paula, on you AF night! Mary, my fingers are crossed for your kitty too.

Had my first "Topa moment" today. Went to Arby's drive-through for a hurried lunch and forgot to order - just drove right on through. Paid at the window and the gal asked me what kind of sauce I wanted, I asked: "I dunno, what did I order?" Then it occured to me. For simplicity's sake, I took the meal of the guy behind me and they redid his order, so I had a MANly sandwich and supersized taters. Sure not going to be losing weight this way. :no:

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Tuesday!

Hi all,

Hope everything is going SWIMMINGLY. Have SEAn lots of posts again today. Been TIDE up all day until now. Am teaching play on words in literacy at the moment and its taking over I think!

Seriously, I am on day 30 tonight. So tomorrow I can start my new regime if I like. I keep adding the 9 days in October and the 20 in November hoping that the 30 is up today because mum is here again and she and hubby always have drinks. However, being the numeracy co-ordinator at school has not helped me with this little problem. 20 + 9 keeps on totalling 29!!!! BOO HOO.

Once upon a time is just too funny at the moment. And how Pedro has changed is wonderful to behold. I always said the muffs were magical marvels.

Love to all as always,
                    Waves x:l
                    Enough is enough

Comment

Tuesday!

Hey all.
                      Sorry again about my little misunderstanding yesterday. I'm a nerd. Sorry, Laura!

Waves, you are cracking me up with this double meaning business! very clever. I bet it's fun to do the puns! I rhyme all the time. oh lord.

You know, I don't check in much at Once Upon A Time. I don't feel I have enough to contribute. You guys are all so creative and funny. I feel like a dumbass. Still, I should keep up, huh? It's kind of part of the "muffin club". I'm not gonna get my Pedro Badge at the end of the session if I don't participate and pass the Once Upon A Time section of the course. Then I'll have to repeat.:sigh: I shall try, dear friends.

MKR, don't feel bad about not knowing about kitty diabetes. I actually think it's kind of weird that vets are diagnosing animals with human diseases and able to successfully treat them! Good, but weird. I suppose it's a MAMMALIAN disease, to be exact, but still. Hope you are both feeling better. A bunch of 70plus year olds, huh? Oh Mary, please let us know how it goes. I have been working in long term care too long....BUT there are so many 70 year old who are so vibrant and amazing! I hope they are the ones who will grace your table.

Tracy, congrats and keep on doing it. Sorry about the topa moment. At times I have wondered "topa, or am I trying to just blame it on something??" LOL. There was a time when I KNEW it was topa, like when I couldn't find the gas lever on the car I'd had for 3 years... and I was stone cold sober. I hit the seat recline lever and WHOOP it went, almosts whacking me in the head. THAT's when I backed off! Can't be that dumb. Hang in there. I hear it goes away, but I'm a wimp, and here I am, still drinking more than I want. Look to people like Jenneh who dealt with it and are at their ideal now. THAT's more important. Stick with it, Tracy.

Speaking of Jenn, HI! You rock. I love you. Happy belated Thanksgiving fellow Canuck. Proud of you.

Paula, welcome! You WILL get to know everyone. No pressure. Just get what you need from here and enjoy the company. Don't feel like you have to address people. Simply ask questions and do what you can of the program. Get yourself where you want to be. We are here to offer only what we know and what we have experienced. Thank you for sharing with us!

Dearset Lush, SM Mary, Gypsi, Tink, Allie, Mike, Brian, the other Brian (Sunshine), all the others, and all the abs people who pop in, have a great evening, and thanks for being here.
                      Everyone helps, every day. No joke.

Comment

Tuesday!

Tracy and Becca, laughing out loud at your topa stories. I could just picture you Becca getting whiplash from flinging your seat back too far. Waves, only 29!!!????? FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!! You are really to be commended because I know I would just say, forget it. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and Becca, you do not have to contribute to Once Upon A Time but it is a requirement to read it and then tell us all how incredibly witty and clever we are, okay??? Pedro has two, well, you will just have to read all about it.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday!

Going to bed now with a feeling of achievement.

:l Waveing goodnight to one and all.:l
                          Enough is enough

Comment

Tuesday!

Mary-
                            PLEASE don't be too hard on yourself about Ivy. My husband and I are BOTH nurses, and we didn't notice for some time that our favorite cat had lost almost 50% of his weight. Now, his fur is very long & fluffy, and he spends most of his time outdoors, but still! We put him in the hospital for 3 days, they couldn't figure anything out, brought him home, he continued to eat and lose weight at the same time, then about 2 months ago, he just disappeared...We're still mourning him. I think in his heart my husband still believes he'll show up in the backyard some day. They were best buddies...
                            We have a group of cats, and they are family! Your guilty feelings just show how much you care for her. Please let those negative feelings go, and just tell her you love her (but I'll bet she already knows):l
                            love, tumadre
                            Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                            Plato

Comment

Tuesday!

Goodnight, Waves, and GOOD JOB!

(And hello, and good night, to all...It's still 4:00 in the afternoon here, so I never know what time it is for everyone else. Oh, well, thank goodness for the forums, so we can check in when we can!).
                              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
                              Plato

Comment

Working...
                              X