Weight Loss/Fat Loss/Muscle Builders Unite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of my main motivation for stopping drinking has been to have a better body and lose weight. I realize I am very fortunate not to have health problems as I read some of the post about health issues, liver damage, life or death. Health is the primary reason for wanting to win the battle with alcohol, and weight has been a struggle with me for as long as I can remember.

I thought rather than cluttering up the abs board or overwhelming people who really are not interested in this, why not start our own thread. In fact, RJ, could we possibly have our own forum?? How cool would that be?

Would love to hear from others who are motivated to take action here also.

Barb

Great idea Barb, I'd love to participate in a thread like this, it would be very useful.
    Meow-Meow
    MonaKitty

Comment

I like it, exercise is key component in our mental recovery.

Comment

So what is everyone's plan of action?? This week is shot for me, so I've dubbed it the "thinking week". I am headed for "gambling town" this Thursday and plan to do a lot of walking. The fact that I am not going to be home for Thanksgiving dinner is a blessing for me - this is my biggest pig-out holiday. For all of my non-American friends, be thankful for having not having this excuse to eat!! Since I am not focusing on exercise this week, I am focusing on food. As I put it in my mouth, I am thinking, is it healthy? If not, I'll move on. Hopefully, I'll be focusing on splitting Aces and winning money!!

What's everyone else focusing on??

Barb

Comment

Fitness Forum

Love it. How about a new forum called "Focus on Fitness" in the Daily Life section?

Any other sugggestions welcome, of course. :-)

RJ
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Hi All. Thanks for starting this Barb.
            I started really concentrating on working out for the last month. I was very surprised how it helped me stay Abs. I had not really thought it would have that effect.
            I had been a little (actually, a lot ) down lately and decided that instead of ordering pizza and feeling sorry for myself I would try something different. I had already signed up for a trainer at my gym- and paid for it - but hadn't gone any further. So I met with a trainer and was very honest about what I wanted to get out of it. I had tried a trainer before but gave up on it when it got too tough.
            So she did measurements, and body fat % etc on me and we got started. I can see some progress but mostly it just makes me feel good. I honestly think it's the endorphons. My body fat % was listed on the chart as "Needs Improvement" which was after "Poor". So at this point I'm working up to "poor'!!
            But, hey, that's ok. I want to keep this up for at least a year - my goal is to maintain this routine for a yearand reduce my fat% to hmmm 25%?. I have 48 sessions with my trainer - 6 months. Anyway- that's my story so far...
            What are you all looking to accomplish? Weight loss goals or Fat reduction goals? Better eating goals?

Lisa

Comment

RJ- that sounds Great !!!

Thank you!

Comment

Hey RJ, Focus on Fitness is perfect! I'm not a powerhouse of ideas but we could discuss our goals and share exercise secrets...

Comment

Set up!

Okay, the new fitness forum has been officially launched and you'll find it under Daily Living. I've moved this thread over to provide some history, but please feel free to start anew.

BTW, here's a wonderful online resource--I hope you'll check it out. Don't let the name fool you, it's not just for iPoders. The site is filled with music, forums, news and reviews. I just love it:

www.fitpod.com

And Spacie, I disagree. I think you and everyone here are an absolutely fabulous and limitless source of ideas. :-)

RJ
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

What a great idea. I invested in a pedometer which counts the number of steps you take each day. Your supposed to do about 10,000 steps. I work three days a week and don't come anywhere near that but on the other four days I try by going for at least an hours walk sometimes more. At the moment healthy eating has gone out the window for me, since quitting drinking I have had massive sugar cravings, probably because my drink of choice was always Full Cream Sherry which is loaded with sugar. Although this week I have noticed a decline in the craving for sugar, so I think once Christmas has passed I will get down to some serious exercise, (LOL).

Louise xx
                    A F F L..
                    Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Hi Louise- I think the sugar cravings do get better. I had terrrible sugar cravings at first too. And I don't normally crave sugar. I started buying ice cream and doughnuts and chocolate...But, that seems to have really leveled off and I don't really crave it anymore. Well, not nearly as much.

An hour walk is great in my book..

Lisa

Comment

I'm in.

oh, did I say that too loudly?
                        how exciting! Barb, thank you for starting this. If I would have, I might have gotten a "groan.... Becca ZIP IT!" about the running!
                        I'm injured now and whining, hence the fat dude avatar, but this is a great idea.
                        I have a 5K race to run Dec 2nd. The "Jingle Bell Race" . It's to benefit arthritis research. You wear bells on your shoes!
                        I love making these commitments and meeting the fitness goals, HOWEVER, my stupid scale is stuck at a 10-11 pound weight loss for the last about 2 months. Won't budge.
                        When I have to exercise, I have a major decrease in my drinking.

Thanks, RJ for making a separate spot.

I thought about xtexan's post a while back about looking in the mirror at the gym while I was lifting weights at the gym yesterday. It DOES feel great. Kept me not drinking 1 more day .

Comment

I am so excited and motivated! I have been doing almost nothing exercise-wise since September which is totally out of character for me. Once I start excercising, everything falls into place - I know it! Thanks so much for doing this, RJ and for everyone else for joining in.

Off to work - talk to you guys in the AM.

Comment

Woo hoo

This site just keeps getting better and better.
                            Enough is enough

Comment

I had a long post, and saved it notepad, and I tried 5 times to post it. No go.

Must be the universe is not ready for it. I'll let it set and "age" a bit.

Anyway, I am so glad to see this new section. It really is a major key to getting "there" for me.

Hope this post goes through. Lets see now.....

Comment

Working...
                              X