Morning All Tues 22nd Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say morning all, just getting ready for work after my 2nd AF night!!!!!

Feeling really good because i've done 3 days moderation and 2 days AF for the first time in years.

Many many thanks and hugs to you lot. Couldn't have done it without you all.

Have a GOOD DAY & TAKE CARE.

Paula xx
    sigpicXXX

good mornng!

But isn't it Wednesday!? not to pick on you, but I was really hoping it was Wed......cuz that means I don't work tomorrow Haven't been here for a while cuz I've been SWAMPED w/ company for the holidays! BUT have a moment to check in before we kick off the big weekend, so thought I'd write a little and say hi to you all.....muffins!!:H

Haven't EVEN read a speck, so don't even know how anyone is doing! Hope Gypsi and SM Mary's hubby and everyone is OK! I have been moderating alright through all the festivities..........

Wishing everyone a happy turkey day!! Don't you'all eat too much and ruin your beatiful muffins!! Will check in after the holiday when I will probably get a few AF days under my belt before Christmas comes and it is time to party a little more!!

Happy holidays to all!!!

Much love and hugs and kisses to you all!!

Welcome PaulaW:welcome: (I haven't met you yet!!)

Comment

Awesome Job Paula!! And Waves..Amazing...just amazing!! someday..
      I drank a little more than I wanted to last night knowing that we have no school for the next 3 days (yes it is Wed today--at least I hope..or I have a classroom full of students right now wondering where I am)
      I plan to majorly moderate these next few days..I know I can do it..especially with my husband on the mend and HIM not drinking at all..now there's a role reversal for you! I'm off to my favorite place in the world: Wal-Mart to beat the crowd to see if I can go find a tofurkey for my husband and his new heart!
      I love you all!!
      Have a wonderful day..sm-mary

Comment

Happy gobble gobble thanksgiving to my dear friendsl!
        Its not thanksgiving in Canada but I can smile and say thanks anyways - for each and every one of you!
        Love Jen
        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Hi Everybody!! I'm back. Sorry that I have been "away" for a couple of days. It has been a whirlwind for me. It was my husband's birthday Thursday, my Mother's on Friday, I made dinner for 140 people on Saturday (Roast Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, etc.), and my birthday was yesterday (the big 50!!). Meanwhile, Monday I found out someone was writing checks in my online account and the bank didn't want to issue a statement so I could see what was going on, asserting that Federal law doesn't require them to do so in on-line banking -- was going nuts!!! I did real well in moderating on most days, but I lost it on Monday when I found out about the bank thing!!! Yesterday, I was OK but not great -- but I had a fabulous day. Hubby woke me with a coke!! and flowers!! Showered me with presents all day. Went to lunch with my mother, coctails with my whole family, dinner with my husband & son. But the highlight of my day was when I went to have my license renewed and the guy was giving me a genuine hard time because he thought I was lying about my age (he said he thought I was about 30!!). Never been so happy to be given a hard time!!! Laughed all day.

Hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.
          MM
          PS - I left some recipe ideas in recipe corner and a shared faith in healing post for anyone interested.
          LOVE TO ALL
          Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! MIGHTY MOUSE!:h

I'm just poppin' in for a quikie! Got head into town to do some more painting. Actually, the guy I'm painting for is gone for the weekend, so that's kinda nice (he's a real nice guy) just fun to have the big house to myself! And I'm gonna take my doggie w/me today
            Crank up the tunes, dance around, enjoy the ocean view, & slap some paint on the trim!:H

Happy Thanksgiving to Everybody !! If I don't get a chance to get back on between now & then...

:l Gobble Gobble ..... much love, Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

wow MM, dinner for 140! how did you manage that?

Comment

Happy Birthday Mighty Mouse!! Hope you get that nightmare Identity thing fixed up...that stinks!
                Judie--have a blast painting..sounds like fun.
                You know--I was walking around Wal-Mart and thinking that reason I overdid it last night (again!) was the whole mindset (that we've discussed numerous times) about how I knew I didn't have to work today, the holidays are here and I just better WATCH myself these next few weeks because I want this to be a glorious, wonderful holiday season that I remember and am sober during--Haven't had one of those in a very long time and am very much looking forward to it.
                I am thankful for many things----especially for my dear friends here at MWO. sm-mary

Comment

Hello everyone..and a Happy (early) Thanksgiving to you all!
                  Judie..I've been painting too..I'm at work now but am sure I have paint in my hair! "0)
                  MM-140? And I'm freakin' about 20!!! AND HaPpY BiRtHdAy tO yOu!!!!!!
                  hey Tink and Fan and Paula and Jenneh and SM..and all to come!
                  I've been a little stressed but looking forward to a day or two with my son and youngest daughter, they adore each other and are a joy to be around!
                  Have a lovely day!
                  d

Comment

Hi everyone! Happy dancing, Judie. Belated happy b'day MM. Good luck with the AF Mary Anne and good job with the AF Paula.

Doing okay. Woke early to teach a couple classes (nothing like rowdy 8th graders on the verge of Thanksgiving break). Further adventures in topa: I was at the middle school where my kids attended 14 years ago and afterwards drove home to the house where I lived 14 years ago. Nothing wrong with long-term memory anyway - lol.

Off to do grocery shoppping . Hope everyone has a great day.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes. I have been cooking for large groups of people for a long time. It started when my son went to school and just grew. I have found that with most recipes, its just as easy to make for a hundred as it is for one. I do have a well-equipped kitchen and I enjoy cooking with the music and wine . . .

I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I'm trying some special recipes that I hope will help me keep in my goal (recipe corner).

Wish you all a great holiday!!

MM
                      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Morning all!!! Happy birthday MM.

SM, do tell how the tofurky turns out. Sounds hideous but healthy!!! You are a good caretaker. I am in much the same boat as you with the mindset thing. It is the holidays and the thought of moderating and/or abstaining is just not in my head right now. Not proud of me being like this but just stating the facts. I feel a cold coming on so yesterday I sipped my way through feeling like crap and now I am tired and feel worse today. How stupid. Oh well, I will be back on the bandwagon soon enough.

Tracy, the topa is really making your dopa, huh? I was giggling all day about you getting the man sized sandwich at Arby's you did not even order.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well. I am thankful for you and this site, that's for sure.

Waves, may I again applaud you? 30 days is just so huge. Do you feel differently about drinking now in terms of feeling you have so much more control now? I am so proud of you. :l
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hi all,
                          Lovely to read all your posts. E I hope the breathing is better. MM happy birthday- I don't have a clue how to cook; I can burn anything. Becca, you are my inspiration for keeping active. Thanks.

Lusch, thanks on the congrats. I must admit to feeling good last night but this morning hubby announced that he was going AF starting today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I react to that?? I have to babysit tonight so can't drink anyway. But in answer to your control question: I honestly just don't know. I've had more control while being AF but in the past the problem has been how to stop once I've had one drink. I am hoping that my plan ( on long term mods) and the supps (which I will take every day rather than deliberatley stopping at weekends!) will help. But time will tell. Jen and MKR have regained control so I know it is possible but so many on abs have tried and had to decide to abstain long term cos mods hasn't worked. I admit to being worried if not scared of reverting. Thanks for your good wishes. You are a treasure.:l

Love to all as always
                          Waves x
                          Enough is enough

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MM!!!!
                            Love Jen
                            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Waves, please give me your address so I may come over and slap your husband silly. He NOW wants to go AF while he had the opportunity to do it with you for 30 days? Men!!! And yes, Fan, I mean it. Men!!!! I hope you will find moderating works for you Waves but if not and you decide to go abs you cannot stop visiting the mods board, okay?

Jen, clean out your PMs. I am unable to write you back. Cheesh. You are just too popular.
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                              X