X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die." - African Proverb

Good morning Absville,
    I think as we all (USA) get together with our families to celebrate Thanksgiving, it may be wise to remember the quote above.
    There will always be disagreements but we need to remember that the words we speak can never be taken back. We wound our loved ones and long after our death, our words are still with them.

Let's give our family the gift of kind words even if they don't deserve them. We may be surprised to find that they begin to change their stinky attitude if we don't engage in the battle of words! Be the "bigger" person.

Blessings to you today.

Nancy:l
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Wednesday

Nancy -- thank you for the blessings. May all have a happy and healthy holiday.
    I can fly ... I just don't know it yet

Comment

Wednesday

Good Morning

Hi, NewHere, don't you love Nancy's blessings? I know I always feel special when she turns that High-Beam Love on me!! 'Morning Nancy in Ohio!! I'm so glad that you are having a special time with your grandchildren.

Words can really hurt deeply, as much as being hit. In my 20's, I had a very sharp tongue, but as I grew older (and had lots of therapy ), I found that I just couldn't say mean things to people anymore. I perceived how deeply it hurt them--how it could wither their very soul. I had to learn different ways to express anger. I'm not always as good at expressing angry feelings productively as I like, hence my drinking, but that is still somewhat better than attacking someone's soul.

The only person right now that is capable of driving me to that flash point is my daughter, Maddy, but she and I have a pact of not taking things seriously said in the heat of anger. She's managed to get in some major zingers with me, as well. We have both learned the great value of the words, "I'm sorry I was so mean to you" and then being able to talk about what was REALLYgoing on.

Tumadre posted something great in General Discussion about surviving the holidays with family regarding not looking to family for love and approval and dealing with dysfunctional families that is terrific. Go take a look at it if you haven't already.

Oh, and for those of you who have asked, Maddy seems to have come through her cardiology appointment fine. She hasn't actually seen the doctor yet, but the sonographer who did the sonogram said that her heart looks fine and healthy, and the doctor will likely say just that when we meet with him next week. Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and concern.

My sister even has a job interview today that looks very positive, because she went to grad school with the person who recommended her to interview for the position. We all have our fingers crossed. I just have a bear of a day at work.

So I'm going to sign off here. Best wishes to all that come after.

Hugs,

Kathy:l

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Wednesday

Thanks Kathy and Newhere.

I love Ohio. It's so much fun to be here with "my girls"! I get to see my grandsons more often because they live closer.

My daughter-in-love and I took the oldest(10) shopping last night. She has started with the clothes brand thing. She wore us down after her mom had said it was a looking trip only! What is so disgusting is that the brand that is so well marketed to them is made in sweat shops but they cost a fortune here. They are not even well made! Hummmmm!

I'm taking the younger one to Chuckie Cheese's after kindergarten. It is her reward for staying home last night and getting ready for school without whinning this morning. Really ......not! I just want to do some things with each one by themselves as they are very competitive when together! Win-win for me!!

Kathy , I'm glad the heart check went well. Do they think it may be a meds problem?

Wow....the sun is shinning in Ohio today! Will need my !

Hello to all who will come here today.....post or no. You are :welcome: here!

Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday

I don't think it's a meds problem at all, Nancy--A few nurse friends of mine think that when they hooked her up to the EKG at the regular doc's office, they may have had one of the leads a little off, making it look like her left ventricle was pumping a little off the beat!:H I'm glad I can laugh at it now, since so far everything has checked out fine. Thanks for your concern.

I'm glad that you are having a good time with your granddaughters!:h

Hugs,

Kathy

Comment

Wednesday

Nancy... I know that my words can not be taken away... but I have to live with that guilt.

Kathy - I am Soo Glad that Maddy is ok. Must be a great weight off you X

So I sit here with My Girls one little face on each leg, and ponder what to do.

Comment

Wednesday

So I sit here with guilt riddled through me. And would like to apologise ( once again ) for words that have been said in an anger that unrivals anyone I have ever known... And For What?
              Just silly and childish.

So I say sorry to everyone that I have offended...

And I Love You to those that know who they are.

xxx

Comment

Wednesday

Glad to see you here to say hello, Lizzie. I will add to my "gratitude" list that I am thankful that you are with us today! Smooches, chick!

Thanks Unregistered for your warm wishes regarding Maddy. I am grateful too. My heart weeps for all parents who have children with illnesses or whose children are in harm's way.

Back to work!!

Kathy

Comment

Wednesday

Lizzie Mouse is back???

I thought she was banned, again.

Comment

Wednesday

Don't shut me out...

Comment

Wednesday

I am thankful that I know you Kathy.

I was the unregistered that spoke about Maddy. I am not American but I am thankful for you and she.

And for my Jack Russells
                      And for my husband
                      And for my mum and dad
                      And for the rain ???
                      And for friends whom I have never met who are loyal and faithful
                      And for friends I have known since a teenager who still are here despite the nutmeg scenarios..

There you go

Comment

Wednesday

Hi Lizzie Mouse - surely you are not banned - to be honest I just think you should be with the just starters! I don't think this thread offers you the words you need! This thread is for the people who have been sober for at least a little while! Pls don't take offence, but when you have been sober for a couple of weeks the needs are kind of different. I know that from being there!

Everyone here hopes you get sober and I know that! Keep coming to the site, you need it. With respect obviously.

Comment

Wednesday

cos I wil kick

Comment

Wednesday

posting at same time ... i AM BANNED - SO SHALL BE IT... End of.
                            Thanks Helen
                            XXXx

Comment

Wednesday

And I have been drinking ( not today )
                              But in general.

whom do I ask for help then?

Elizabeth

Comment

Working...
                              X