What do our dreams mean?Dream symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this site on the meaning of things in our dreams. I thougth it was interesting. There are many more if you go to the site.Materials from Dream Language, by Jim and Michal Ann Goll, copyright 2006 used by permission of Destiny Image Publishers, 167 Walnut Bottom Road, Shippenshburg, PA 17257 www.destinyimage.com ACID - Bitter, offense, carrying a grudge, hatred, sarcasm.

ALLIGATOR - Ancient, evil out of the past (through inherited or personal sin), danger, destruction, evil spirit.

ALTAR - A symbol for sacrifice and for incense.

ANCHOR - Representation of safety and hope.

ARM - Represents God's power and strength.

ARMOR - A symbol of warfare.

ASHES - Memories, repentance, ruin, destruction.

AUTOMOBILE - Life, person, ministry.

AUTUMN - End, completion, change, repentance.

AXE - Represents warfare and judgment.

BABY - New beginning, new idea, dependent, helpless, innocent, sin.

BALANCE(S) - Represents judgment.

BARN - Symbol for blessings.
    BAT
    - Witchcraft, unstable, flighty, fear.
    BEARD
    - Represents old age and wisdom.
    BEAVER
    - Industrious, busy, diligent, clever, ingenious.
    BED
    - Rest, salvation, meditation, intimacy, peace, covenant (marriage, natural or evil), self-made.
    BICYCLE
    - Works, works of the flesh, legalism, self-righteousness, working out life's difficulties, messenger.
    BIRD
    - Symbol of spirits, good or evil, see the parable of Jesus on the birds.
    BLACK
    - Symbol of famine and death.
    BLOOD
    - Symbol for sacrifice and for life (life is in the blood).
    BLUE
    - Symbol of Heaven.
    BOW
    - Usually represents judgment.
    BREAD
    - Represents life. BRICK
    - Represents slavery and human effort.
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

I should have posted this yesterday in the spirit of Thanksgiving. It's never too late to give thanks. I am THANKFUL!

It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken. With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to over flow to the glory of God.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:13-18
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

I deleted that post because I should have started a new thread and then I did
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Mornin' Southernbelle..I LOVE dreams. I've actually been studying them quite a bit this year and even participated in a dream group recently led by a jungian analyst. I will share what I know and believe as well..as did most of the modern psychology masters such as C. Jung. The most important thing to remember (especially when you are consulting dream dictionaries) is that dreams are symbols that come from YOUR unconscious and they are almost always about you and your life now...so, when you look at an image or a symbol in your dream, you need to explore what that means for you..for example, blue may bring up quite a different association for me than it does for you, so one definition for blue will not be the one and only 'clue'..you have to consider you, the dreamer, the context of the symbol and how you felt about it as the observer in the dream. The other thing that is very hard to remember is that everyone in the dream represents some aspect of yourself..so if brother Joe is in your dream, it rarely is about brother Joe, but a refection of some unconscious aspect of yourself. Now, when a woman dreams of other women, those other women will almost represent some shadow side (can be 'negative' or 'positive') same for men, if he dreams of men, he can look to them for clues of his shadow side. Finally, if men dream of women, that woman is almost always represents some aspect of his feminine side (called the anima) and if women dream of men, that man represents her masculine side (animus). The exciting thing about all of these things is that in order for us to become whole human beings (the process is called individuation and last a life time) we eventually must identify and own our shadows...this must come before the final process (which many of us never embark on-and always affects our relationships) and that is integrating our masculine/feminine sides..which we all have...TA, DA...so dreams can be absolutely invaluable in learning about yourself so that you can obtain higher consciousness and wholeness!

Oh yes, there are four stages in analysing your dreams"
        First, you identify the symbols..make a list of them...
        Then, you make associations with those symbols
        Then, you try to make an interpretation of what the dream is trying to tell you (almost always the dream is guiding you in a present situation..what is going on in your life today, the day before?)
        Finally, if you have an ah, ha about the dream, do something to honor it..a ritual, if you will..it can be symbolic..tell it to someone..etc.

The more you give attention to dreams, the easier it will become to recall them..it's an intention thing.

Can you tell, it's one of my favorite interest?
        Thanks Southernbelle!

p.s. the dream dictionaries can be very helpful when you can't make an association..but it needs to ring a bell for you!

Comment

Working...
        X