PDA

View Full Version : NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS

Tipplerette
January 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I would be pleased to be ten pounds lighter. This goal was unattainable while I was drinking but, at least for a while, I have given it up. Anyone interested in joining me on our weight loss journey? I am not a yo-you dieter. I have never had the self control to give up wine before now and I seem to have turned a corner with this issue so I figure that without the great wine-weight burden, this might be my opportinity to actually kill two birds with one stone.. so to speak. So my plan is simple. Eat more liver friendly foods, fruit and veggies, drink tons of water and bounce for 1/2 hour a day on the trampoline. We just ate the last of the Christmas foods which I refused to waste. I made a care package for my 23 year old daughter consisting of doritos, corn chips, etc. and now it's time to do a grocery order.

Come one come all. Checking in daily. I am 4' 11" and weigh 131. My goal is ten pounds and I hope to do it within 6 weeks or so.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR JOINERS !! Feeling good right now like I can actually accomplish to two niggling things in my life that stop me from feeling GREAT.

Chillgirl
January 4th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Tipple I over ate at Christmas and have 6 pounds to lose, now I'm back to my usual healthy eating I'm pretty sure the weight will come off pretty quickly and my aim is for end of January. I will be exercising aprox 5 days a week too with spinning classes and yoga.

Dewdrop
January 5th, 2011, 04:22 AM
I'm with you Tipple & Chill, I too overindulged during the holidays. I have lost 14lbs since I stopped drinking and felt great but have put 4lbs on so plan to get it off by the end of January. I also need to get back into regular exercise and revisit my healthy eating - so day one for me.

Dewdrop :h

Tipplerette
January 5th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Welcome gals. I have always carried my little ten pounds around with me. I am about to hit menopause and I know it gets harder to lose any weight after that so it's now or never. I am very lethargic on day 5 (yippeee!!) of not drinking and can't motivate myself to do much. I need to get on that mini-trampoline for a bit today.

DewDrop, what was your poison of choice? I wonder if the weight falls off automatically when we stop drinking? 1/2 of a bottle of red daily (at least) must have SOME calories in it.

sidney
January 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
I would love to join you in weight lose. I lost 12lbs immediately when I quit drinking over a year ago. However the weight has crept back on so I need to lose 10. I am afraid I have let myself eat whatever I want as I don't want to relapse. (did in August) I find being full
makes drinking less appealing. So I am in. And I never exercise I am terrrible.

Tipplerette
January 5th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Sidney, I was born in raised in the Parkdale District of Toronto. Very rough then but nothing compared to now. When I was a kid in Toronto, all my teenage friends drank and smoked weed. Myself and my BF went to the same parties and had as much fun and we prided ourselves on not doing either. We really had a hoot. The life of the party. If I could do it as a vulnerable teenager I can do it now. Want that teenage body back too but I'll settle for a few less ripples and dimples... LOL..

chartreuse_lily
January 5th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I'm also trying hard to lose weight. I've been up and down like crazy this past year because of drinking, stopping, drinking again. I'm 5'8 and I'm up to 172 pounds. My goal weight is about 150-155 lbs. I walk 2 miles everyday and since I stopped drinking at the end of November I've cut down to about 1000-1100 calories a day, mostly fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately I haven't really been losing any weight, which is very frustrating to me. I don't know if my diet is too extreme or if I just need to have patience.

sidney
January 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Wow you know Parkdale. I know it well as well although I grew up in Scarboro I now live in the west end in South Etobicoke. Because of my job I know most neighbourhoods of Toronto.
So how are we going to do this weight thing? I am gung ho to make a change. unfortunately I cannot give up wine as I already have. (makes the llbs drop off) I eat pretty healthy the problem is I have been craving sugar the last 6 months.

Cassia
January 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Hey all,

Just wanted to wish you good luck on the weight loss. One thing I found really useful is keeping an online ffod and exercise journal. You can get then for free and it tells you the calories u need to eat daily to lose weight in your specified tine period. Also, it calculates how many calories you burn turn exercise to show how many additional calories you could have daily and still meet your goal weight. I lost nearly 15 lbs using one about two years ago...all in just over six weeks!

Would love to join you but the addd pressure of losing weight and staying sober would probably kill me. Keep posting your progress!

L x

Tipplerette
January 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I hear ya Cassia and I certainly respect that. I am jumping on the weight loss bandwagon only here on MWO. I am not dieting in the way one might think. I am eating tons of fruit and veggies and when at the restaurant trying to eat the delicious but not greasy food. Had Teriaki Chicken at the mall food court for lunch. I plan on eating MORE good foods and hopefully crowd out the bad. I figure with the lack of wine I will have a real head start. Today I jumped on the mini-trampoline for a while. I think being accountable is the way to go. Just listing foods here and exercise accomplished. At the grocery store I splurged on some pomegranate juice, pelligrino bubbly water, etc. Like to have a nice drink with that liver-lovin' lemon.

Sidney when we left downtown Toronto, we moved to guess where: Etobicoke. The Eglington Martingrove area. There was a nice little subdivision in there behind the Willowridge Towers. We hated it being city-bred teenagers. We took a bus (had to walk for 20 minutes through waist high snow through a field to get to it in the winter), then a subway, then a streetcar to get to Parkdale Collegiate which we refused to leave when we moved. I guess we had stamina and you know what. That walk was UPHILL both ways... LOL

Cassia
January 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Japanese food is awesome and so healthy! I don't know if you like fish but teriyaki salmon is also amazing! San pelligrino is defo my tipple of choice when I am out at a restaurant. I do love my coca cola but its just as bad for you as a glass of vino.

We just cant win eh?!?!

Tipplerette
January 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I love all Asian food and that includes Indian. Could eat it seven days a week. Made liver n' onions for dinner. served mashed potatoes (never ate any) and asparagus. Fried some mushrooms too. Delicious.

Dewdrop
January 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM
My plan for January is:
Lots of:
1. healthy breakfast every morning - porridge, oatabix, toast & peanut butter
2. lots of fruit and veggies along with pulses and legumes (love all kinds of beans)
3. replace dairy with soya ie milk, spreads etc
4. seafood of any kind esp oily fish ie salmon, mackerel
5. snack on nuts, dried fruits, rice cakes, fresh fruit
6. drink lots of water, green tea, fennel tea etc.

Cut out
1. all processed foods
2. red meat (actually all meats replaced by soya substitute)
3. chocolate, sweets, crisps etc.
4. pastries, cakes and highly saturated foods including fried foods

Attend 2 yoga classes per week
Walk a minimum of 30 minutes each day this week (will review for next week)

fluff
January 6th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I hope you don't mind if I join in- I mostly eat healthy- except for the occasional Dove's dark chocolate- just a small piece-... What I have done this year so far is replace my gut wrenching morning cup of coffee with green tea-no sugar- just plain- and I love it! It makes me feel detoxed and clean.
Also, you are going to think this is disgusting- I have a cup of greek yogurt-plain- and mix in some raw oats and grapes or apples- for breakfast- I like it- because it is filling and good for you...
Also- don't forget your supplements=at the very least a multi-vitamin- I do that plus vit-C, D, E, Acai berry, Glucosamine, milk thisle.
Exercise I try to do 3 miles-walk/jog everyday...sometimes I can't, though.
My goal is to lose 20 lbs by the end of March- we are going to California for vacation then! Yay!:):):):)

sidney
January 6th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Oh my God I need to get on this bus. I am going to California in less than two weeks! But it will not be warm weather then. My problem is I hate exercise of any kind. I will work on a plan this week that would be a good start.

My husband grew up near the area you are taking about Tip. Maybe you knew him. But he is an old guy!

fluff
January 6th, 2011, 08:34 AM
I like your food list, Dewdrop- and also, Tip, Indian food has great spices in it- like turmeric,
cumin, etc-all very good for you.
Sidney- Hop on the bus! Lets record our progress together.:) Let us know your plan!
Oh, and tonight I am making a very healthy turkey chili-and serve it with a whole grain baguette- yum- I love chili- you can put anything in there-depending on your mood.:)

Cassia
January 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Fluff

Where are u going in California? I have been twice in the past two years and absolutely love it!

X

fluff
January 6th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Hi Cassia- We are going to Huntington Beach and Catalina Island! So excited to go to Catalina-it looks beautiful in all the pics I've seen- my husband's been there before- so he'll be tour guide....:)

mylife
January 6th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Hello Guys! Just found this and I would certainly like to lose 10 lbs. myself. Actually 15 would be great, but I'd settle for 10! :)

My main thing is getting back to the gym. I eat pretty healthfully, and when I'm not drinking I think my calories are in line. I don't have the urge to binge and if I get sweets I look for something "light". But to lose I think I need to return to the gym -- it will also help me to feel better and more healthy.

Fluff -- Catalina is great. I used to live in that area and we went there all the time. The water is beatiful.

So, today will be day 1 for me of weight loss journey! :) (I'm currently on day 10 AF).

Tipplerette
January 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Glad to have you all on board. Today I went clothes shopping and boy do those mirrors ever scream "FATTY" to me. My jeans look cute until the shirt is missing and then the rolls puckering over the jeans really are why they call it Muffin Top. Ha ha.. sob...

I don't condone this and did not do it on purpose but today I had bran cereal with blueberries and almonds for breckie and for lunch a banana and a tangerine. Not starving but know that is not the way to diet. Too lazy to leave the office to go find food and the restaurants were full of the bad stuff. Just wasn't in the mood for junk.

I am going to try that green tea for my morning caffeine kick. I am on day 6 AF and have broken a personal record. That, in itself should help with the weight loss. Hopefully when I next post, I can report that I jumped on the mini-trampoline for 1/2 hour.

I am going to Florida in mid-Feb so this diet is NECCESSARY !!! Besides the tights and tops I bought today will look a lot cuter with no bulges...

Cassia I am old too. I am 54 but did not get to know anyone in the neighborhood as I took off for Ottawa as soon as I turned 18.

Chillgirl
January 6th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hi Tip :hiya:
I have been sticking to my healthy eating plan since Sunday and haven't lost anything yet but it's the time of the month so I know I will be retaining water which will go in a few days. More than the weight lost though I feel so much better now I've cut out the crap. Refined sugar makes me feel :yuk: and like with the AL I just feel so much better mentally only putting good things in my body :)

fluff
January 7th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I've been drinking a lot of green tea- :)
Last night's chili was very good- and also ran 3 miles- did have 3 small Dove's dark chocolates-yum...dark chocolate is supposed to be very good for you!
Down 1 lb- yesterday-didn't yet weigh myself today.

Tipplerette
January 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Hi Gals.. just weighed myself and the scale is inching (or should I say centimetering) down just a hair below 130 this morning but like Chillgirl, my time of the month is in a few days and I always get noticibly chubbier for a week or so beforehand. Going out for breakfast with hubby and will order an omelette (no potatoes or toast). Green Tea, here I come. I am looking at that mini trampoline holding up the wall and it's beckoning me.... bouncy bouncy. Weekends here and this will be my first real AF challenge. Keep posting and we will all be slim when the nights are shorter and the days are longer.

Chillgirl
January 7th, 2011, 07:59 AM
yippee down 1.5lbs! Weekend usual means chocolate so I will make sure I keep exercising.....

Tipplerette
January 7th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Chocolate in moderation is GREAT. Find something fun to do and you won't even know you are exercising (says the wise couch potato)

sidney
January 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM
You are all making me feel so guilty I havent even dare weigh myself since Christmas.
I am afraid. I promise to try to get serious about this this weekend. The good thing is I am don't drink. The bad thing is I can't use that to help me lose weight. Why am I so hungry? I wasnt when I first quit for at least 6 months. Sigh must be the winter.

mylife
January 7th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hi Guys,
Sidney, I'm with you. I thought I'd get through a weekend of really trying and then weigh myself on Monday and see what damage I did over the Holidays! :)
Have a great day all!

Cassia
January 7th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I got measured and weighs and the trainer today and I out zero weight on over Christmas! Must have been down to not drinking and not eating! I think if I just stick to eating as I am and keep exrcising consistently then the weight will slowly come down. So who knows...by chance I could be ten pounds lighter by the time I go home in march. X

Chillgirl
January 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Well done Cassia, especially when I hear how cold it is there! Usually we eat more to keep warm, I hope to slim right down before getting back to my mother who always wants to fatten me up! :H

Cassia
January 7th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Chill

My main issue is that when I drink I crave cheese and anything with cheese. So it's like a double whammy...all those drinking calories and then all those cheese calories. But cheese is amazing.

Do u have a return date yet?

X

Dewdrop
January 8th, 2011, 01:47 PM
sidney;1037180 wrote: You are all making me feel so guilty I havent even dare weigh myself since Christmas.
I am afraid. I promise to try to get serious about this this weekend. The good thing is I am don't drink. The bad thing is I can't use that to help me lose weight. Why am I so hungry? I wasnt when I first quit for at least 6 months. Sigh must be the winter.
Do I sense an element of you not being totally committed Sidney ;)

Cassia I love cheese and it's my big weakness I can bypass chocolate no problem but if there is cheese in the house I will track it down and demolish it :cool:

Doing well so far but weighing in on Monday morning.

Cassia
January 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Dewdrop - I have actually had to stop buying certain cheese because I will eat it all in one sitting. How sad is that?!?!

fluff
January 9th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Did the treadmill for 45 minutes yesterday at different inclines- ate a salad for lunch and then salmon for dinner-and two small chocolates after dinner...Haven't weighed in yet- will do after work out today...
I love cheese, too- must be the magnesium in it plus that's also in chocolate...:)

Chillgirl
January 9th, 2011, 09:47 AM
ok confession time! After a good Monday to Friday, I have been a very bad Chill and eaten everything in sight all weekend,
I intend to get back in the saddle tomorrow and right the damage, (i hear Techie may be on the warpath so be ready for bootcamp guys!) ;)

sidney
January 9th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Nope I ate very lean this weekend. But it was tough.

fluff
January 10th, 2011, 05:24 AM
Well, I went off the deep end and indulged in take-out chinese- arrrggghhh- I need a day to detox from that- I always put on the pounds from eating that- I am so bad.
Just eating light today and doing the dreadmill- didn't do it yesterday- had too many things that got in the way.
Sidney- good for you sticking to your diet!
Chill- I'm sure the weekend didn't mess you up too much if you were good monday thru Friday-Watch out for Sarge- he's tough...:)

Dewdrop
January 10th, 2011, 08:17 AM
:yay: I lost 1.5lbs at my weigh in this morning so happy and it's onwards and upwards for me. Catch you guys later.

fluff
January 10th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Yay, Dewdrop!
Here's a blog I read up on every now and then- I usually eat lo-carb, except for my Chinese food binge, last night....
Fat Head - Blog site for the comedy-documentary Fat Head (http://www.fathead-movie.com/)

sidney
January 11th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Okay where are you guys I am trying to eat healthy!

fluff
January 11th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Hi Sidney, looks like everyone went over to Techie's, Boot Camp thread- just logging in there with their exercise and diet regimens....I gave up on this thread 'cause no-one else was posting...so come on over to the camp!:)

Tipplerette
January 28th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Back At It.. My trip is only one month away. Back to square one. Going to use this as a journal since I visit here every day anyways. Still 130 lbs. Hope to be 122 or so by 28th of February.

OK, starting now, it's 4:40 pm on Friday I will start recording all I eat, drink and 'do' each day and the progress I make. Bear in mind that until this afternoon I was OFF diet mode; hence the crappy food choices. But I will record anyways. Today I had a half of a large grapefruit, no sugar, one slice of homeade pumpernickel bread with a tablespoon of sugarless raspberry jam. It was delicious. For lunch I had a Steamwhistle beer, blackened salmon, rice and veggies. For an early dinner we made homeade whole wheat pizza with bacon, veggies, etc. I did not overeat as I was still stuffed from lunch. I have not done any exercise unless you count the 15 minute walk each way from where I parked my car and where I met my son for lunch. Yes, that counts. Now I will try to incorporate snacks like fruit, nuts, plain yogurt, etc. It's Do or die !!

Tipplerette
January 30th, 2011, 09:47 AM
OK I did the math and for a two pound weight loss, I need to not drink wine for a month. At the minimum I will lose 2 pounds and that is if I do nothing else.. no exercise, not low carb, just normail living but no wine. I am leaving in approximately one month and if my jeans were a little less snug I would be thrilled. So that is a start. I did it abstain for six days in January. Now I'll go for the month of February. Will journal here. I also will go low on the white carbs. But mostly it's the wine.

Don't mind me.. just love to journal here as I actually visit here on a daily basis. And wine IS my problem when it comes to weight. If I can give up my lovely wine for ONE month (with the exception of Valentine's Day as we are booked for a 5 course meal wine included) I should feel great about my accomplishment. And my jeans will now be what I wear on my trip rather than my stretchy pants. Yikes, another promise to myself; let's keep this one !!

Tipplerette
January 31st, 2011, 07:18 AM
Bad start last night. I keep swinging from quitting AL to I deserve to do what I want BS. At my suggestion Hubby and I drank two bottles of wine. What a joke I am. I vow to do better today. We are eating healthy but this morning I was so dehydrated and had a little ache in the back of my head. So stupid of my last night. It's not fair to him as he just follows my lead but as I sit here in the living room in my pj's at 8:15 a.m. he is at the family construction business trying to run things with his foggy brain. I will go there later but i must smarten up. Day one and my first goal is to match my six days AF right after New Years. Then we'll take it from there.

Tipplerette
January 31st, 2011, 03:52 PM
Witching hour is here and I feel pretty good. I took and L-Glut around 2:30 and will take another in the next few minutes. I am marinating some tofu for a stir fry and had a nice salad with salmon tartinade for lunch. So far so good. Hopefully with no booze in my body I will jump on the mini-trampoline after dinner. I asked my son to join me in my abstinence as he wants to quit smoking. He is commited to not smoke for a month (forever he hopes) and I am committed to not drink for a month (forever with small exceptions if I can handle it). He asked me why I don't want to drink and I said to lose weight and that it's a stupid thing to do every single night of the week. My kids don't see my drinking as a problem. But they don't live with me. They also don't live inside my head and body and that's where all the negative effects of alcohol manifest themselves. So onward and upward.

Tipplerette
February 4th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Did not drink last night and was not even tempted. Took one L-Glut. 1000mgs

I am eating very well and hopefully with the bouncing that I have been doing lately the pounds will start to slowly melt away. Tonight we are going out for supper with our drinking buddys and I WILL NOT DRINK. For some reason I am not too worried. I need to prove to myself that I am able to control an area of my life. If I don't, then I can achieve nothing in the remaining 30 productive years I have on this wonderful place called Earth. If I can meet my goal of not drinking between now and when we leave on Vacation (3 weeks) and lose a few pounds as a bonus, then I can choose my vacation wardrobe from numerous cute outfits that right now are toooo tight. Shallow but that's me.

rebirth
May 9th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I try to stick to a low calories diet and exercise five times a week ( 20 mins strength traing then another 15 to 20 mins cardio)

crimsons
August 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
Tipplerette, how are you doing these days?

tawnyfrog
August 29th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Done.

DriftyAlison0
October 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Jamina1589;1190354 wrote: Guys I eat so much and my doctor recommend me to less ear because more eating is not good for me moreover I am so healthy and fit. Should I do what my doctor say?
[/url]
We are not doctors but if your eating too much, then cut down on the portions. Also I dunno if its ok to advertise hotels here.

stirly-girly
October 13th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Michealwolf;1192405 wrote: I believe on that exercises and foods both are matter to loss some weight ... all you need to do get a healthy diet plan and then start some routine cardio exercises like swimming running and cycling .. Best of luck .
And don't forget to eat lots of Spam. Especially right after the cardio.

tawnyfrog
December 22nd, 2011, 11:45 PM
If you deep fry the Spam and mix it with mayo, you're guarantee to lose weight. I like to share valuable tips.

Ron02
December 23rd, 2011, 01:05 AM
Hiya Punters I have a spam and mayo LCD mix shake replace X2 meals a day and bobs ya slim uncle!!!! gauranteeeeed.... Chrissy speacial giveaways post ya money to me.. Ron02@aimtoplease.com.au

Ya Mate RonO2

Tipplerette
December 23rd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Spamming my weight loss thread...

rebirth
April 27th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Well this is the fisrt time that I am watching my carbohydrate intake as well as counting calories. I am sticking to 1200 cals a day and no more than 80g of carbs a day.

My weight loss has doubled because I am on low carbs. Its amazing!!

DizzyBee
April 30th, 2012, 02:37 AM
:new:

Well, I have read some of the posts but this is the first time I write here. Thank you for this thread.

Yes, I think that other spamming person around here was evicted. I hate it when they do it there, there are enough other sites they can go and spam.

Anyhoo, I was wondering, what if we inspire each other to lose weight in the Month of May?

All I know for sure is that I really want to lose at least another 10 pounds and that I'm going to be AF in the month of May. I was for 30 days in March and April and lost 6 pounds.

In May I want to add excercise to the mix, have signed up for a yoga class and my first one is on Wednesday. I'm a bit scared but also excited! :)

Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey!

:h

rebirth
May 1st, 2012, 05:35 AM
Hi Dizzybee
I am with you as I need to lose weight. I started two weeks ago and hoping by end of may that i have dropped at least four pounds.

I am sticking to my low calories diet and exercising three times a week

Tipplerette
May 1st, 2012, 08:24 AM
Hey after being away from MWO for a while I came back only yesterday and have vowed to get down a few pounds in May. The drinking interferes with everything so that will be kept to a minimum. None for the past two days. My plan is to GORGE myself with veggies, to avoid white carbs and sugar and to rebound for one hour a day (not all at once). Let's kick our ripples, dimples and flab to the curb. Thanks again for resurrecting this thread !!

Tipplerette
May 3rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
Doing pretty well these past few days although I could have done better. I have been stuffing myself with the veggies and going very low on the meat. I am trying to accumulate 1000 minutes of rebounding during the month. I use the stopwatch on my cell phone. Weekend is coming and don't want to drink two or three nights in a row. Will be taking the L-Glut starting today as weekends can be killers.

My belly is definitely flatter than it was this time last year and that's largely to dropping the cream in my coffee and slowing down the alchol consumption. I feel that I will not end up like my mother who is so addicted to her beer, she can't help herself after 2:00 pm and continues right until bed.. we really worry about her falling. (82 years old).

Keep it up and let's look forward to a healthy, vibrant future.

one2many
May 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Tipps,

can you post what you are eating on your diet, I want to go down the more healthy root and knock the fast food on the head, just want an idea of that you eat in an average day. Also I tend to eat crap late at night, which I KNOW is bad, so you hava set time for your last meal of the day?

pollard00
November 13th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Diet and exercises are the main source to do this aim.Just wanted to wish you good luck on the weight loss. One thing I found really useful is keeping an online ffod and exercise journal. You can get then for free and it tells you the calories u need to eat daily to lose weight in your specified tine period. Also, it calculates how many calories you burn turn exercise to show how many additional calories you could have daily and still meet your goal weight.